• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc after leopard

mrdans4

Bogey Member
Looking for some suggestions on a long range driver.

I normally throw wooded holes, but nice to have a disc for open shots ( prefer some wind resistance)

I use the leopard for basically all shots greater than 300 feet. For wind shots I throw a fire bird.

disc I throw- wizard roc meteor leopard firebird.

I can not throw a t-bird. I have tried many - to me it flies like a firebird.( little less fade)

the leopards I throw are pro plastic- 170 grams
beat to brand new.

Last edited:
I can not throw a t-bird. I have tried many - to me it flies like a firebird.( little less fade)

the leopards I throw are pro plastic- 170 grams
beat to brand new.

Try a G*. They fly like DX with an increased durability. If you're throwing your Leopard 300', not even a Champ TeeBird should be acting like a Firebird.

You could also try the teebird in DX. That should compliment the leopard well while you decide whether you like it.

You could also try the teebird in DX. That should compliment the leopard well while you decide whether you like it.

I do love me some dx plastic, the problem is I play in the woods and they lose stability so fast.

all this tbird talk- maybe ill have to try again and get a 170 pro teebird. ( my minds telling me no, I have had at least 5 tbirds all champ, traded every one)

I do love me some dx plastic, the problem is I play in the woods and they lose stability so fast.

all this tbird talk- maybe ill have to try again and get a 170 pro teebird. ( my minds telling me no, I have had at least 5 tbirds all champ, traded every one)

My advice would be to to with star plastic. You could prob find one in the marketplace that is used if you are worried about it being like a firebird. If it's beat in a bit it won't have as much fade at the end. Lighter weight like 170ish might help you out too.

I would throw a valkyrie. It'll be forgiving like the leopard and give you some more distance as you get better with it. I think they are a great intro into DDs.

Escape, or a Saint. Sidewinder perhaps. Valkyrie. If these are too over stable for your liking maybe a Renegade, F5(although it's much like the Leopard in my opinion), or River. I myself love the Escape for a tweener(in-between a fairway and a high speed driver); very versatile, as is the River, albeit a tad slower.

Star Teebirds fly a bit straighter out of the box than the Champs in my experience. Also, the TL is the less stable mold of the Teebird, and it's been a great compliment to my t-birds over the years. It's turns over predictably for me when released flat and retains the beautiful glide that the Teebirds are known for.

You want an MVP Amp.

It's more forgiving than the Leopard, and less stable than the Teebird and Firebird. It's basically laser straight at 300 feet. As it beats you can add a little hyzer to it for a beautiful hyzer-flip machine.

Try a G*. They fly like DX with an increased durability. If you're throwing your Leopard 300', not even a Champ TeeBird should be acting like a Firebird.

This

Also, this

I would throw a valkyrie. It'll be forgiving like the leopard and give you some more distance as you get better with it. I think they are a great intro into DDs.

This too

Star Teebirds fly a bit straighter out of the box than the Champs in my experience. Also, the TL is the less stable mold of the Teebird, and it's been a great compliment to my t-birds over the years. It's turns over predictably for me when released flat and retains the beautiful glide that the Teebirds are known for.

All day this

You want an MVP Amp.

It's more forgiving than the Leopard, and less stable than the Teebird and Firebird. It's basically laser straight at 300 feet. As it beats you can add a little hyzer to it for a beautiful hyzer-flip machine.

Not this, ever.

You want an MVP Amp.

yes I do own a mvp amp, it is a little farther than the leopard. I do like it.
It is definitely a nice disc. I just cant get the leopard out of the bag. I prefer the pro plastic over anything champ/star.

I just don't see myself buying 4 more amps to replace the already beat in leopards I own.

Valkyries and Teebirds in G* are absolutely fantastic.
The Valk definitely turns, but it will come back. It's currently my longer turnover and max d driver.

yes I do own a mvp amp, it is a little farther than the leopard. I do like it.
It is definitely a nice disc. I just cant get the leopard out of the bag. I prefer the pro plastic over anything champ/star.

I just don't see myself buying 4 more amps to replace the already beat in leopards I own.

Yea, unfortunately MVP has not made anything like Pro plastic (yet). The Switch is also a great replacement for a Leopard, but it also comes in premium plastic.

You could get a star TL. Should be a nice step up when you want more stability then the Leopard has. After that a champ TL or a Teebird like the others have suggested.

You could get a star TL. Should be a nice step up when you want more stability then the Leopard has. After that a champ TL or a Teebird like the others have suggested.

I find the leopard has plenty of stability. I throw a lot of hyzer shots with the leopard. also throw lazers and anhyzers.

I think its the best driver out there.