• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Golf Vending Machine

I like the concept, but I agree with those who say the way the machine displays the discs is less than ideal. Presenting the discs with the flight plate out is attractive, but without a way to rotate them, your choice is limited. I like the suggested "carousel" style, which my mind's eye sees as a torus of discs standing on end, that you can rotate and pick like the vinyl records in a jukebox. But that would be more expensive to build and maintain, and might not be as attractive to the eye. With the layout they have, it would help to stock each column with as nearly identical discs as you can get. So instead of loading a hodgepodge of random molds, pick 12 popular molds in a narrow weight range, load one mold per column, and the customer won't have to worry about knowing what they are buying. This would work well, for example, if you stock one column with 180g Dx Rancho Rocs, another with 175g SS Wizards, another with 170g Valkyries, another with 175g Buzzes, etc., consistently loading discs that are popular and good for all skill levels. For fun and variety, vary the colors and stamps, not so much the weights and molds. It would stink to see a disc that would replace one you just threw in the lake sitting right behind a model you would never use.

Last edited:
So it looks like a choice of 15 molds with no option as to color and even worse no idea of the weight. I guess it's got it's good points but I can't see anyone but casual player using the machine. Who knows, might be enough to be lucrative. Only reason I'd buy one is to say I got a disc from a machine, probably not even then. Not to be super negative as I am glad to see our sport growing, it just doesn't really strike a chord with me.

We're definitely not the market for the machine. If it ever comes that we are, that means they are very successful and have expanded their offerings.

I think this is a great idea, in my area not many people even know what their throwing. They just go to dunhams and buy the flashiest disc... ahem Blizzard Bosses/Katana 1 disc wonders... At least selling them at the course would be a good way for the course to make a little extra money.

Most dont care about weight,speed,feel. Its all about the cool factor and how far a disc can be thrown (Not that they can necessary throw that far).

I think this is a great idea, in my area not many people even know what their throwing. They just go to dunhams and buy the flashiest disc... ahem Blizzard Bosses/Katana 1 disc wonders... At least selling them at the course would be a good way for the course to make a little extra money.

Most dont care about weight,speed,feel. Its all about the cool factor and how far a disc can be thrown (Not that they can necessary throw that far).

All the one disc wonders around goto the closest gas station and by the coolest tye dye discs for 25$. A machine at my home course with tye dyes in would sell like hot cakes

My two cents. I think it's pretty friggen neat! Depending on if they had a disc in front I would even remotely want for a reasonable price, I'd buy one!

What we are about

BirdmanCR, dude we LOVE naysayers! We will be a better company with honest and frank feedback such as yours, keep it coming!

I think it's important to understand who and what is behind TeeBoxx. That really does make ALL the difference. First of all, we are disc golfers to the core, we are touring players by heart, course developers by trade, and dg ambassadors by soul. We understand our customers and we know a lot of you personally from many years of tournaments and travel. Chances are, you already know someone that plays a role in TeeBoxx because we are about building relationships and teams in our approach. We are more then qualified to produce marketable solutions in any industry let alone one we love so much.

Personally this is my 4th business venture, from film production, advertising, gaming industry, to national beverage. I learned many things over the course of 16 years and disc golf is a cake walk compared to dealing with mass market products. The best lesson I gained from those ventures was learning how to fail :), a needed step in any entrepreneurs career path in order to one day be successful. TeeBoxx is FAR from a shot in the dark. Rest assured, that we have assembled one of the most powerful teams in disc golf and I'm highly confident we are on the right path.

I'm going to address a few concerns posted here; one, if we can help it, we offer profit sharing for partners that stock the machines. So essentially we are an employee owned company in some ways. Two, trying to break into our machines is an extremely difficult process by design. In fact, it will take too long no matter what tool one may have to work with to breach it's layers of security. We will know real time and have live video feeds to whomever rattles the machine in any way. Imagine a safe inside of a safe and that would be more of an accurate description of our weather proof, vandal resistant, and automated system. (Patent Pending) We are connected to our TeeBoxxes through an on board internet connection. This provides us the ability to monitor sales with great detail, the health of the machine, and many other useful items.

They do require grid power for now but we hope to soon have an alternative energy solution in the near future. However, in most cases we've found that the city is willing to provide the power source for the Boxx, which also creates new options for other machines such as food and beverage – or another TeeBoxx! We work with the city to create the most efficient and functional design possible in order to be successful, not only for us but for the park it resides. Long term, this is an important part of the equation and really makes it all work.

The way we see it is, tax payers have been paying for our DG entertainment on public property for decades with little no money going back to the course/park itself. We saw it as a problem and came up with a solution that is still affordable within the industry. The more the machine sells the more funds are raised to help benefit the park and it's patrons (including retailers and clubs). We can't be any more clear then that. We have many options and proven fundraising strategies that work hand and hand with the Boxx. In other words, when a TeeBoxx is installed it becomes a powerful tool for the course, the club, and it's players. Not only because of it's technology but because of the team we build behind it.

Yes we target new, rec, and spontaneous buyers not only because it is the larger market but because it can potentially raise more funds for everyone involved. It also just makes sense when it comes to convenience retail and when it comes to being a companion to the already established retail out there, of whom we highly respect.

As far as weight goes, all of our discs are 170+. Simple and streamlined just like our categories of discs on the Boxx. It's clearly posted and easy to read. If something isn't available in our machines one day, chances are it will be on another. We've put many expert heads together to come up with the best strategy and we're confidant in our approach. We will learn as we go but we are definitely ahead of the curve on Point of Purchase.

If however, there is never an item a customer is looking for in our Boxxes, then they can easily go to our website for links, info, instruction, and a choice of 1600 different disc sports products to choose from (launch pending)! Our success is not based on one machine but multiple machines. Are profits are of greater importance because of what they support. These 2 factors are why we justify the large initial expense it took to get this far. Our sustainability and success is essential to revitalizing courses and parks all over the world. Our cause is for a greater purpose and those that wish not to participate are obviously free to do so. Disc golf is a small ship and we will always support members of the disc golf family, even those that oppose us. I hope that sheds some light on where we're coming from and what we're all about.

Thanks everyone for your support! If you want more information about our TeeBoxxes email us at [email protected] with personal contact information, favorite course, busiest course in your area, and reason your interested. We will contact you shortly there after.

Best,
Aaron Martin
CMO/Founder

BirdmanCR, dude we LOVE naysayers! We will be a better company with honest and frank feedback such as yours, keep it coming!

I think it's important to understand who and what is behind TeeBoxx. That really does make ALL the difference. First of all, we are disc golfers to the core, we are touring players by heart, course developers by trade, and dg ambassadors by soul. We understand our customers and we know a lot of you personally from many years of tournaments and travel. Chances are, you already know someone that plays a role in TeeBoxx because we are about building relationships and teams in our approach. We are more then qualified to produce marketable solutions in any industry let alone one we love so much.

Personally this is my 4th business venture, from film production, advertising, gaming industry, to national beverage. I learned many things over the course of 16 years and disc golf is a cake walk compared to dealing with mass market products. The best lesson I gained from those ventures was learning how to fail :), a needed step in any entrepreneurs career path in order to one day be successful. TeeBoxx is FAR from a shot in the dark. Rest assured, that we have assembled one of the most powerful teams in disc golf and I'm highly confident we are on the right path.

I'm going to address a few concerns posted here; one, if we can help it, we offer profit sharing for partners that stock the machines. So essentially we are an employee owned company in some ways. Two, trying to break into our machines is an extremely difficult process by design. In fact, it will take too long no matter what tool one may have to work with to breach it's layers of security. We will know real time and have live video feeds to whomever rattles the machine in any way. Imagine a safe inside of a safe and that would be more of an accurate description of our weather proof, vandal resistant, and automated system. (Patent Pending) We are connected to our TeeBoxxes through an on board internet connection. This provides us the ability to monitor sales with great detail, the health of the machine, and many other useful items.

They do require grid power for now but we hope to soon have an alternative energy solution in the near future. However, in most cases we've found that the city is willing to provide the power source for the Boxx, which also creates new options for other machines such as food and beverage – or another TeeBoxx! We work with the city to create the most efficient and functional design possible in order to be successful, not only for us but for the park it resides. Long term, this is an important part of the equation and really makes it all work.

The way we see it is, tax payers have been paying for our DG entertainment on public property for decades with little no money going back to the course/park itself. We saw it as a problem and came up with a solution that is still affordable within the industry. The more the machine sells the more funds are raised to help benefit the park and it's patrons (including retailers and clubs). We can't be any more clear then that. We have many options and proven fundraising strategies that work hand and hand with the Boxx. In other words, when a TeeBoxx is installed it becomes a powerful tool for the course, the club, and it's players. Not only because of it's technology but because of the team we build behind it.

Yes we target new, rec, and spontaneous buyers not only because it is the larger market but because it can potentially raise more funds for everyone involved. It also just makes sense when it comes to convenience retail and when it comes to being a companion to the already established retail out there, of whom we highly respect.

As far as weight goes, all of our discs are 170+. Simple and streamlined just like our categories of discs on the Boxx. It's clearly posted and easy to read. If something isn't available in our machines one day, chances are it will be on another. We've put many expert heads together to come up with the best strategy and we're confidant in our approach. We will learn as we go but we are definitely ahead of the curve on Point of Purchase.

If however, there is never an item a customer is looking for in our Boxxes, then they can easily go to our website for links, info, instruction, and a choice of 1600 different disc sports products to choose from (launch pending)! Our success is not based on one machine but multiple machines. Are profits are of greater importance because of what they support. These 2 factors are why we justify the large initial expense it took to get this far. Our sustainability and success is essential to revitalizing courses and parks all over the world. Our cause is for a greater purpose and those that wish not to participate are obviously free to do so. Disc golf is a small ship and we will always support members of the disc golf family, even those that oppose us. I hope that sheds some light on where we're coming from and what we're all about.

Thanks everyone for your support! If you want more information about our TeeBoxxes email us at [email protected] with personal contact information, favorite course, busiest course in your area, and reason your interested. We will contact you shortly there after.

Best,
Aaron Martin
CMO/Founder

Wow this putts everything into perspective now. Great product, with great minds...Should be interesting to see where these pop up.

For all those players that say they would not buy from a TeeBox...

What if your favorite mold, color & weight was sitting in the front? Would you buy it or pass it up?

I would love to have one at our course. When I bring new players I usually try to give them a disc from my collection to have. It would be sweet to have them walk up and buy their own.

It gives a new player a sense of having some commitment to the sport when you buy your first disc.

For all those players that say they would not buy from a TeeBox...

What if your favorite mold, color & weight was sitting in the front? Would you buy it or pass it up?

I would love to have one at our course. When I bring new players I usually try to give them a disc from my collection to have. It would be sweet to have them walk up and buy their own.

It gives a new player a sense of having some commitment to the sport when you buy your first disc.

The problem I find is most weights are on the bottom of the discs, therefore unless they are putting a sticker on the front of the discs with weights you'll have no idea what weight it is.

Other than that I'm lucky enough to have a really nice pro shop right across the street from one of my most frequented courses.

The problem I find is most weights are on the bottom of the discs, therefore unless they are putting a sticker on the front of the discs with weights you'll have no idea what weight it is.

Other than that I'm lucky enough to have a really nice pro shop right across the street from one of my most frequented courses.

That is a problem for someone that shops for an exact gram weight. As I said in the previous post, all weights are 170 plus. Recs, beginners and spontaneous buyers are not going to care ever about weight with the exception of blizzard plastic which is available in our Boxxes BTW. We can easily put weight stickers on the front of the disc but we didn't think it was necessary for such an insignificant detail. Plus we pride ourselves in the fact that we have no trash/packaging from our sales and as minute as it may be, stickers are trash.

Personally, after playing for 8 years, open for 6 years and being on team Discraft for 5 I never cared about weight unless it was below 170 – and it was years before I paid attention to that even. I never saw the difference in flight and not enough difference in stability to really matter. So it's hard for me to wrap my head around that one.

That is a problem for someone that shops for an exact gram weight. As I said in the previous post, all weights are 170 plus. Recs, beginners and spontaneous buyers are not going to care ever about weight with the exception of blizzard plastic which is available in our Boxxes BTW. We can easily put weight stickers on the front of the disc but we didn't think it was necessary for such an insignificant detail. Plus we pride ourselves in the fact that we have no trash/packaging from our sales and as minute as it may be, stickers are trash.

Personally, after playing for 8 years, open for 6 years and being on team Discraft for 5 I never cared about weight unless it was below 170 – and it was years before I paid attention to that even. I never saw the difference in flight and not enough difference in stability to really matter. So it's hard for me to wrap my head around that one.

My apologies for missing such a post, but I play recreationally and I do care about weight. Maybe some wouldn't call it recreationally with how much I play, but I rarely ever keep score so it's not competitive either. I will admit exact weight isn't a problem, but I do prefer the weight to be 165-172, unless I'm looking for something specific like a wind disc and want it heavier.

I'll admit you have a point on flight differences unless you're looking at large weight differences, but I would argue I notice the difference in how much power it takes to throw a disc that is heavier. Now would I notice a difference between a gram or two? No which is why my preferred weight above(for drivers) has such a large range. I'm not trying to say what you're doing is wrong and do like what you said about no trash, I'm just speaking my mind and throwing out my 2 cents. I guess with what you've said I'd hope at least there might be something on the machine which notifies people that all discs(except things like blizzard plastic) is 170g or above.

There a LOT of discs I have yet to try, and I like trying new discs - If I came across one of these, I'm pretty sure they'd make a sale.

These things are going to be big! I remember when Ross Brandt told me about them back in November, and couldn't wait to see what you guys have been cooking up. Can't wait to see them here in the Twin Cities!