• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Golf Vending Machine

Options

dont bother buying one they want you to lease it so they make $. no buy option

Hello Tarel,

We have a franchise and lease program for qualified retailers who are interested in purchasing a TeeBoxx.

Ross Brandt

Precautions

Has nobody thought about those times when what you buy doesnt make it all the way out, id be pretty mad if i was out $15+

Hello Danny,

We have done extensive research and development into the TeeBoxx. How the discs are dispensed is a critical component. We have designed and engineered the TeeBoxx to eliminate that problem, our "Sensit" technology will ensure that the disc is dispensed, and you will NOT be charged if the disc is not delivered.

Ross Brandt

Each row looks like it is set to hold a certain category of disc. What if you wanted to sell by manufacturer. Like have an Innova row for example. What if you didn't want to sell putters? Does the machine only come in that color? In other words, what are your options?

Edit: Is the labeling customizable to say Innova. Or Discraft. That's what I was asking.

Last edited:
Precautions

So if the guy before me gets jipped and I end up getting 2 discs for the price of 1 do I have to try to return the disc to its owner? How long would you guys wait before giving up?

Hello,

We have designed and engineered the TeeBoxx so it would eliminate a disc from not being dispensed, we have "Sensit" technology that will ensure the delivery of the disc, and you will NOT be charged if the disc is not dispensed. We have taken extreme measures and precautions to ensure that no one is charged if they don't get their disc. It's guaranteed or your money back.

Thanks,

Ross Brandt

Neat novelty idea, but golf discs aren't Snicker bars or 20 oz Mountain Dews. We choose a specific weight, color, mold, domeyness for a reason, and its a bit hard for any vending machine to keep up with all of those variables. I really don't see these things making much of a dent in the pockets of traditional retailers.

Course Options

would be nice for Hudson Mills Metro park to have one of these. they can put it inside by where you pay and get snacks

Hello,

Does your course currently offer discs for sale and is it a high traffic course?

Thanks,

Ross Brandt

We choose a specific weight, color, mold, domeyness for a reason.

My brother in law, who JUST started playing bought two new discs and was really excited to try them out.

I looked in his bag, and guess what I saw. That's right.

A Champion Groove and a Champion Boss. Bless his heart.

Not all of us care about the details.

Not all of us care about the details.
Beginners don't really count. Well, they perhaps count once.

The thing is, if someone sticks with the sport, they will eventually learn to care about those details enough to understand why they shouldn't buy a golf disc in the same manner as they would a candy bar or a video rental.

Precautions

Its a great ideal until someone shatters one lil piece of glass and takes all your merch. No I don't own a store sorry for trying to support the ones that do. In the economy its good to employ ppl. I doubt these will EVER hit charlotte. If they do they will be remove I assure you :).

Hello,

We do not have glass on the machines, it is a triple poly-carbonate that is bullet and fire proof. Our TeeBoxx's protective shell is anchored into the ground and weighs over a ton, so removing it is not an option. Plus, we have audio and video recordings of the machine as well as an alarm system that is relayed to the local police departments, which they can access the audio and video for evidence in court. I appreciate your honest opinions and comments. Just so you know, our company is employing some very good, honest, and hard working people.

Thank you,

Ross Brandt

Skulboy Discs

Its a great ideal until someone shatters one lil piece of glass and takes all your merch. No I don't own a store sorry for trying to support the ones that do. In the economy its good to employ ppl. I doubt these will EVER hit charlotte. If they do they will be remove I assure you :).

Looks like a very cool idea to me, lots of potential.
Now, how do I get Skulboy discs in that thing?

Hello,

What are skulboy discs?

Thanks,

Ross Brandt

I feel ya

How do you feel the disc before you buy it. Thats as bad as buying random discs from online stores.

Hello,

Thanks for your comment. There are drawbacks to every design and currently we do not offer that option to feel it. Our next generation machines may have that capability.

Thanks,

Ross Brandt

Hello,

We do not have glass on the machines, it is a triple poly-carbonate that is bullet and fire proof. Our TeeBoxx's protective shell is anchored into the ground and weighs over a ton, so removing it is not an option. Plus, we have audio and video recordings of the machine as well as an alarm system that is relayed to the local police departments, which they can access the audio and video for evidence in court. I appreciate your honest opinions and comments. Just so you know, our company is employing some very good, honest, and hard working people.

Thank you,

Ross Brandt

That is intense. Very best of luck to you on this. With the cold keeping numbers off the course in winter, I don't expect any Canadian cities to see these anytime soon, but I hope you're successful enough to think about it some day :)

I'm pretty sure MANY DG'ers have had his idea. But, never did anything about it, Including myself. This will only work at the nicer parks. As a mobile DG store owner/operator I've already contacted them about it. Reading all the posts' and seeing they are only leasing, the cut the Parks Dept. will want it MAY not be profitable. I'd wait until the 2nd generation teeboxx. If they make it so the customer can pick the color & weight. This GREAT idea would only be part of my retail.

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your interest, comments, and suggestions. TeeBoxx provides the City with a Revitalization Fund that is earmarked to maintain, enhance, and preserve the park that the disc golf course resides in. Our focus is on a partnership with Cities and retailers and promoting the sport of disc golf to increase the number of players. A TeeBoxx may be complimentary for your retail, if you are still interested in receiving our information please let us know.

Thank you,

Ross Brandt

Course Options

Many of the courses here are within county parks with buildings and P2P set ups.
Rolling hills,idependence lake, hudson mills, kensington, willow, and stoney creek would be ideal imo.

Hello,

Thank you for the list of courses to check out! I will take a look at them.

Ross Brandt

Customize

Each row looks like it is set to hold a certain category of disc. What if you wanted to sell by manufacturer. Like have an Innova row for example. What if you didn't want to sell putters? Does the machine only come in that color? In other words, what are your options?

Edit: Is the labeling customizable to say Innova. Or Discraft. That's what I was asking.

Yes, we have the option to sell by different manufacturers, like Innova, Discraft, or Vibram. We don't have to sell putters, but I think for a beginner it would be nice. We have several other exterior designs for the TeeBoxx and we are looking forward to displaying them in the near future...we have a really phenomenal design team.

Ross

Neat novelty idea, but golf discs aren't Snicker bars or 20 oz Mountain Dews. We choose a specific weight, color, mold, domeyness for a reason, and its a bit hard for any vending machine to keep up with all of those variables. I really don't see these things making much of a dent in the pockets of traditional retailers.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. TeeBoxxes will be conveniently placed in parks for kids, families, and people who have never played to help promote the sport. If we get one kid or family to play disc golf that otherwise wouldn't have because of our TeeBoxx, then that's good for our sport. People with more experience with different weights and/or molds, like yourself, might not need to use the TeeBoxx but for everyone else that doesn't know or have a local shop it will be at the park for their convenience. If there are inconsistencies within the same mold of disc, then we don't have much say in their final product.

Thanks again,

Ross Brandt

You know what? We can all be cynics but this seems very well thought out. I can think of many 9 hole+ courses in multi-use parks that would benefit from this. I can buy a new disc on site? Before I play? I can see some people getting into that.

To the creator, have you contacted any colleges that have courses on their campuses? That would seem to be a veritable gold mine.