• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

I think it is just more of this "in the spirit of rivalry building" to draw interest, similar to the controversial newspaper article where McBeth called out Ricky and Will.

What time does the live feed start?

Doesn't seem to be very good sportmanship to bash others,but you get somekind of rivalry out of it that's for sure. I'm wondering why McBeth signed up for a commercial like that.

Any talk about the Lizotte commercial yet? Is Discmania really annoucing that McBeth will fail this year while Lizotte enjoyes it or is there something I don't get?

Doesn't seem to be very good sportmanship to bash others,but you get somekind of rivalry out of it that's for sure. I'm wondering why McBeth signed up for a commercial like that.

I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about...

Discmania is simply positioning Lizotte as a threat to unseat McBeth, as it has since Simon arrived on US shores.

As to sportsmanship or McBeth's motives for being involved: first, they're friends or at least friendly. Second, McBeth has proven and knows he's the best, so no harm in portraying a rivalry or challenge to his 'throne'. And lastly, there does need to be a challenger to McBeth, because while I enjoy watching greatness, I'd enjoy competition and upsets a lot more.

Seems like a lot of you want tournaments to be fairy tale lands where every one cuddles afterwards. Sure, we can be pals, but if you're on my card, **** you.

Maybe not quite that bad, but seriously, rivalries make it more entertaining and suspenseful.

But I don't think they could be in a booth and call the action if they're seeing the same feed I am; still can't see the disc for most or all of its flight.
In the booth they should have a direct program out feed from the video switcher. So the quality would be very crisp and high quality since - at that point - the signal hasn't gone through the compression we see on the web stream.

I have to say for this being the first tournament they did a fair job. I expect that next year this seres will rock!

Things that i wish were different....

Wish the live stream followed the lead card for longer then just the back 9.

The commentary felt forced. Like they tried to fill ever second of action with commentary kinda like a NASCAR broadcast.

I think it would be nice to get some of the golfers several cards back lets say 8 or 9 so they can talk about how they played the holes that the leaders are playing. Kinda like guest color commentary.

It would also be nice of the stats/metrics were simplified for the broadcast with just golfers picture, name, country flag and the stats and maybe placed on the left or right side of the picture from top to bottom. I understand that it was likely a copy paste job but trying to read the stats during the broadcats with the action was going was between a challenge and impossible.

I liked seeing the set fairways with boundaries. It definitely looked like it forced golfers to play smart.

Lead card play-by-play coverage from round 2 is out on the DGWT website. Registration required.

I have to say for this being the first tournament they did a fair job. I expect that next year this seres will rock!
This is NOT their first tournament. The production team is the same team that has produced the USDGC for the past couple years. JT even said during the broadcast that this is an 'all star team with the most experience in disc golf' coming together to bring you this event.

This is NOT their first tournament. The production team is the same team that has produced the USDGC for the past couple years. JT even said during the broadcast that this is an 'all star team with the most experience in disc golf' coming together to bring you this event.

I never said it was their first rodeo. I was talking about everything as in the whole DGWT event, as in this is the first live broadcast involving the DGWT, Thats why its the and not their.

I making the comment in regards to the metrics during play, the commentary and the amount of play that was shown.

Well all in all a pretty good looking product... now it's up to Jussi et al to sell it to the worlds' mainstream...

So is it over? Can't access results anywhere. I assume Paul walked away with the easy win.

Found the results. Yep, easy win, even while playing poorly on a few holes the last round. Simon crumbled. There's always next time.

Edit: ^Thanks. :)

I'm already tired of DGWT trying to sell McBeth and Simon as "the rival". There are at least 10 other golfers out there that is more of a rival than Simon. I like him, he is just too laid back to ever be a major threat to McBeth. And I'm not a McBeth homer.

Women aren't too happy with the DGWT apparently. I figured not having women's divisions would come out sooner or later.

Attachments

• 12809752_561890377322989_5048363273381965397_n.jpg
    12809752_561890377322989_5048363273381965397_n.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 70
I'm already tired of DGWT trying to sell McBeth and Simon as "the rival". There are at least 10 other golfers out there that is more of a rival than Simon. I like him, he is just too laid back to ever be a major threat to McBeth. And I'm not a McBeth homer.

That ad was lame. :hfive:

I also want to randomly hate on seeing tucked in shirts on the disc golf scene. Paul and Ricky need to stop that.

On a lighter note, Avery and the other guy did a good job on commentary.

Last edited:
This isn't just for us(the disc golf nerd/aficionados) this is for a bid at a market share of the sports entertainment industry. That whole kerfuffle over McBeth's L.A. Times interview(?)-is as real as wrestling or say: the "Real" housewives of wherever. Jussi is simply just taking his publicists advice and trying to give "them" something to talk about. This has been another episode of: Things Pulled Out of My Ass, Internet Edition.

Latest posts