• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

Metrix Smetrix

Michael Williams missed his last putt on hole 18 on the 3rd round. If he hits his last putt, he's at 100% on his putts in the circle. However, he took 87th place, so those stats are useless. (IMO)

Michael Williams missed his last putt on hole 18 on the 3rd round. If he hits his last putt, he's at 100% on his putts in the circle. However, he took 87th place, so those stats are useless. (IMO)

How many green hits? Coupled together, it's a very strong stat.

Why would that make the stats useless?

Michael Williams was 1st for ICP, 103rd for GRH, add those up and divide by two you get 52, and he actually finished in 67th. And this is disregarding penalty strokes and outside the circle putts. In actuality, these stats seem anything but useless.

The stats are most definitely excellent. I'd like to see them expanded in subsequent events with some combinational stats, such as the green hits + ICP as mentioned above. Paints an even better picture that way.

But first, I'd rather see Jussi sell the Metrix concept to the rest of the NTs and Majors so we could have this kind of information for every big tournament.

Unless I missed it, you can't display ICP totals for the full field --- only card-by-card. So I wrote and asked them to display it. Ricky and Drew Gibson and Devan Owens only had 51 ICP total. Wonder if that was the lowest? Several players are under 54....which would be 1 per hole, average. Koling, by contrast, had 60. Cat had 67. Pete Johnson, in 112th place, only had 52. There's no exact parallel to scoring, but I find it compelling among the top finishers.

7 greens out of 54. 102nd out of 116.

I hit a lot of close putts when my upshot is close.

There's a course that has a lot of 400-430' holes, I hate the course (the designer probably had more range than me)

The course is boring because every hole I have a 50-75' shot. Makes a lot of easy 3s, but bad scores.

The stats are most definitely excellent. I'd like to see them expanded in subsequent events with some combinational stats, such as the green hits + ICP as mentioned above. Paints an even better picture that way.

PGA keeps Average Putts Per Green-In-Regulation, which is informative. I believe the same could be derived here by adding up the ICP and OCP on all holes that were GH, then divide by number of GH. (Shouldn't have many OCP on GH, but it's possible.)

I would like to see the ICP putts broken down a little bit more ideally. 0 to 10ft, 10ft to 20ft, 20ft to 30ft. I think it would be way more interesting to compare the 20-30ft stats than just ICP. Even I make most of my 10 footers....

Unless I missed it, you can't display ICP totals for the full field --- only card-by-card. So I wrote and asked them to display it. Ricky and Drew Gibson and Devan Owens only had 51 ICP total. Wonder if that was the lowest? Several players are under 54....which would be 1 per hole, average. Koling, by contrast, had 60. Cat had 67. Pete Johnson, in 112th place, only had 52. There's no exact parallel to scoring, but I find it compelling among the top finishers.

Pretty interesting, I would think that having that number under 1 per hole would be a great indicator of sucess.

I was just theorizing that Michael Williams was probably just dropping in a bunch of 5-footers because his drives were so bad. Making 50 or so putts in the circle from <10 feet doesn't make you a great putter. A better stat would be average length of putts made.

Exactly, you need ICP% + GRH to see the full story.

This might be what you're looking for: http://www.discgolfworldtour.com/live/statistics/

Great work, really.
Is it perfect? No. But way back when, we used to throw volleyballs at a peach basket and look where we are now.

You and Jussi and the team will just get better and better.
I like the vision and appreciate that you guys are taking feedback to get better.
Thick skin is a good thing after your very first event.
Stay the course...

Great work, really.
Is it perfect? No. But way back when, we used to throw volleyballs at a peach basket and look where we are now.

You and Jussi and the team will just get better and better.
I like the vision and appreciate that you guys are taking feedback to get better.
Thick skin is a good thing after your very first event.
Stay the course...

Thanks!

...and totally agreed, much to improve upon. I'm already back at home studying (aka watching golf broadcasts, ESPN, etc.).

Looking forward to the day where we look back nostalgically at where we are now.

...and totally agreed, much to improve upon. I'm already back at home studying (aka watching golf broadcasts, ESPN, etc.).
I'd maybe start with some smaller eSports events.

Golf & ESPN have budgets that make production on that level absolutely unrealistic for disc golf at this point. Trying to do too much too fast usually results in forgetting/dropping the ball on the basics (i.e. Metrix are great. Securing a stable uplink at the venue is more important).

Anybody here (not Dana or JT) get a chance to play the first World Tour event and want to give an opinion on how they thought the teepads were in the sun and the rain? Didnt look like too much slipping going on from the live broadcast.

Anybody here (not Dana or JT) get a chance to play the first World Tour event and want to give an opinion on how they thought the teepads were in the sun and the rain? Didnt look like too much slipping going on from the live broadcast.

Didn't play them, but asked Sexton about them in passing. He said they were better than concrete.

I didnt play in the tournament... but I was there and threw some discs from the teepads. I agree they are better than cement. You wont slip on them yet you can still pivot well on them.

Thanks!

Looking forward to the day where we look back nostalgically at where we are now.

I'd maybe start with some smaller eSports events.

Golf & ESPN have budgets that make production on that level absolutely unrealistic for disc golf at this point. Trying to do too much too fast usually results in forgetting/dropping the ball on the basics (i.e. Metrix are great. Securing a stable uplink at the venue is more important).

Budgets for video display aside, Great Job JT, and watching Golf and ESPN are exactly the type of practice that will go far. Find your commentating style and polish it like Paul's putting stroke :clap: