• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

I'll commit 100% to Medium and Soft Ions. I happen to think that overmolding will impact disc tech as much as, say carving skis changed alpine skis (seasonal example :)).

Other than that, I'll probably keep most of my bag but I won't be making promises:
I'll keep throwing comets for sure, but I wanna try out more mids so they might - MIGHT - be reduced to practice duty.
Buzz might very well be replaced by the Vector.
I'll be testing more distance drivers this summer, this affect change the balance of the bag down to the Fairway slots.

I probably won't change much though... I really like what I ended up with last year :)

what'shisname said:
what'shisname said:
Voodoos and my Firebird are staying for sure. I'm thinking I'll commit to the Comets in the bag for at least a year as well.

Still good on all 3. Not sure why I didn't have the Core listed as well, pretty committed to that one as well. In fact, I'm pretty happy with the whole bag at the moment:

Firebird
Vision
Surge SS
JLS
Drone
Core
Comet
Voodoo

I could see maybe swapping my JLS's out for my XL's again, but I think the JLS would win in the end.

This was January last year.

Voodoo, Core and JLS are the only one's still in there.

As for commitments for this year..

Voodoo - is and will be the goto putter.
Fuse - LOVE it.
C/S/P PD's - These aren't going anywhere.

The Zone and Ion are probably safe, but the core may find itself out of the bag if the new lat64 mid flies how I hope it will. The JLS is pretty solid, the river gave it a run for its money, but the JLS won out.

I will continue to throw darts and magics and fuses, the rest could possibly change.

Nuke, surge, pred, force, flick, stalker,buzzz, drone, challenger. hasnt really changed since I started throwing discraft a year and a half ago. only thing different is the addition of the nuke and stalker and subtraction of the wasp and zone. (wasp might be coming back lol)

I change my bag several times a week and I think if I kept a solid bag I would become a much better player so, I pledge to keep my bag the same starting with a month starting once I received the discs I just ordered.

big bead aviars
rancho rocs
jls
XXX
PDs
Forces

uNicedmeMan said:
uNicedmeMan said:
I hereby commit to the following discs until at least 2011:
Wizard
Roc
z xtreme
Stalker
PD

I also commit to never commit to never fully commit to anything faster than the PD :D

I'm looking pretty good so far. I've been rolling with the DF Boss / Pro Boss combo for my fast drivers for some time too.

SE leopard still chills in the bag for the occasional flippy roller situation but barely gets used, same with the z xtreme.

Still going strong with Wiz, Roc, Stalker, PD. The only other two discs that make it into my squirrel monkey are an SE Leo and a heavy DF boss. If / when I get another bigger bag, I will likely carrry a z xtreme and a few destroyers.

Timko said:
I've had PDs in my bag for a year now. Rocs have been there for the past 2 (and were there before my obsession with Elements), and Wizards have been part of my game since 2005.

All still there after over a year. The XXX has been in my bag for a year now as well.

I pledge not to buy drives faster then a riot. I can't throw them for crap always waste my money and end up trading for speed 9/10 discs that I can throw. I also pledge to leave the pig and banshee in my bag. I keep taking them out just to put them back in.

jmoody said:
Nuke, surge, pred, force, flick, stalker,buzzz, drone, challenger. hasnt really changed since I started throwing discraft a year and a half ago. only thing different is the addition of the nuke and stalker and subtraction of the wasp and zone. (wasp might be coming back lol)

Completly forgot about my z xtreme, def not comin out

Jesse B 707 said:
discspeed said:
I think I'm ready to try pledge 2.0...In one year I will still be throwing Ions, Fuses, Buzzzes, and PDs.
id wager your fuses will fall off the map

I doubt it simply because there aren't many discs in the Fuse's class (Meteor, Element?) to replace it with. I also have had quite a bit of success with it...I'm not a big fan of the rim slant, but for some reason it doesn't bother me enough to overshadow the Fuse's strengths.

When I look deep into the future I see most my mid duties being taken care of by Vectors in various stages of wear... :thumbup:

Funny, I really love Fuses too, and never even noticed that they were slanted. They've always felt about like a buzzz to me.

My first Opto Fuse has seasoned perfectly after hundreds of throws, and dozens of tree hits. Me and that Fuse have a better affinity than any other disc I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel like I can almost remote control it. I've never had a disc where I felt like I knew just how to throw it so that it would glide straight for 250', then suddenly take a fairly hard right, and pan out flat before it lands. Its insanely shape-able and awesome. I will always throw Fuses. No matter what.

The VP may be on the outs. I've just REALLY loving going back to KCs. I did get a glow champ BB that's really overstable, but I love carving it up with my KCs. I usedKCs since 9xs came out. Did a stint with wizards when I was sponsored by GW, went back to KCs. Then 10xs got expensive and hard to find, so in 08, went to wizards (with flings with challengers and magnets) until I got my VPs in early 09. Used those and ridges for all of 09 and most of '10. Then in Sept of last year, I got the new GOOD KCs. Slowly since then my vibrams started seeing less and less use. For the last few weeks I've been VP less for the first time in 2 years. I haven't missed it. :S I still have my proto sitting in my closet and one production run. Who knows if it'll come back.

I will commit to Magics, Fuses, Hornets, Rivers and Preds for a year; which will be weird for me since I seemed to chang out my bag weekly last year, but I think that really hurts your game.

I will; however, be testing some disc, but mainly distance drivers I have not really put into the bag yet and just for extra practice throws and field work until I really think Im ready for one to go in and join the other staples.