• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

I was locked and loaded to pick up a couple Roaming Thunder 2's, but yikes. Swirly puke greens and browns across the board, everywhere I looked. No thanks!

there are some pinks out there

in general Innova's swirl game has been a bit muted and "loseable" lately

Every Discmania special I've seen advertised lately the disc in the ad, like the thing they're showing to try to get people to buy the disc, is a similar mint green with dark gray swirls. Even if you don't care about how easy it is to see, it just doesn't look good! When you shop around you see some better colors but I don't get why they pick an ugly AND hard to see combo for their advertising.

Last edited:
Less ugly plastic material wasted at the factory, more discs lost, more discs sold :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Like, cool stamp (leave aside the confusing way they rename the same mold every time they make a new run) but it would be a lot cooler on neon orange or swirly pink...

Attachments

• A233EAA0-74C2-4C63-A769-26B86DFE5AF0.jpg
    A233EAA0-74C2-4C63-A769-26B86DFE5AF0.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 240
I'll be interested to hear how the new run of Roaming Thunders fly. Last year's were a touch too domey and low-speed overstable for how I like my CD2's, and sadly I lost my thrower before it ever beat in the way I wanted it.

I actually like the '18 version
I took out my '18 Koling Thunderbirds for the '18 RT. The RT still being quite HSS and LSS but less so than the Thunderbird making it more workable for me.

I probably get "better" flights from my "flatter" (but not flat) stock S-line as it flips up a bit easier.

But a combination of G, S and RTs really works well.

I've got some RT2s coming and a local store should have some soon. I'll probably try to get a couple of lighter weights 168-171

They sound tasty, however there were only max wt. available locally so I decided to pass. A flippy one would be nice. I have flat 1st runs that are my flippiest discs, mid dome wings stamped ones that are very workable all around, and the domey RT1s. First and last mentioned I bag. The mid ones are great but I eventually felt that I dont need all those options. RT1 are great for distance control, hyzers and also big forced over anhyzers (my special).

I need to get one of these "flat first run" swirlys to see how understable they are.
Haven't even looked up the cost...but I doubt it's something I really want to pay

You don't. The newer stock runs are also pretty stable. The first run swirlies were hyzerflip $. I sold my 3 throwers when I learned I would never pony up to replace them. I want my bag to be replaceable. Those throwers sold for 40+ well over a year ago...

I paid 25€ for a replacement. Nothing crazy but yeah. If you're not already invested, no reason to get into the mix. (I say as I protectively curl my arms around my remaining few)

They sound tasty, however there were only max wt. available locally so I decided to pass. A flippy one would be nice. I have flat 1st runs that are my flippiest discs, mid dome wings stamped ones that are very workable all around, and the domey RT1s. First and last mentioned I bag. The mid ones are great but I eventually felt that I dont need all those options. RT1 are great for distance control, hyzers and also big forced over anhyzers (my special).

If you're ever looking to get rid of those pesky wings stamped CD2's, hit me up. (If they're bright colors, and 165-175g.)

I had one from that run and loved it, but sadly I misread the wind and lost it off a cliff last year.

How does a CD2 compare to a Valkyrie? A tad more stable?

I've got 2 flat 175g S-Line CD2's that are very similar to my max weight Champion Valkyries. Thrown exactly the same in a field (RHBH) those CD2's would finish maybe 5' to the left of the Valkyries.

I had a pop-top S-Line CD2 (175g) that was very OS. At the start it was like some of my luster Thunderbirds kind of OS. It beat into exactly what I wanted but tragically lost it. I haven't gone back down the CD2 road since because I'm just not sure how difficult it will be to keep finding those OS CD2's.

So, I noticed a big difference in stability of S-Lines based on dome. I've seen people say the Roaming Thunder (Tour Series) CD2's are really stable but I don't like dull swirly discs.

Personally that's the one area of my bag that I'm looking to really sort out. Valkyrie, Undertaker, CD2 are all good options. I'm sure there's others too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a difference in PLH/stability between penned and embossed C-line CD2s? My penned C-line has become my workhorse driver, but it's getting pretty beat in.

In general everything DM makes and especiallly the "limited" releases is fairly stable. Outside of d-line variants I can't even think of a flippy mold.

90% of my bag is DM now, including 2 flatter S-line CD2 but I think I would really enjoy some flippy molds or at least runs to round out my touch game.