• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

3-day DG road trip over the weekend. Threw the Danas quite the bit and liking them more and more. You can get them to do many things. Power hyzers, flex shots even flicks nicely. Straight shots if really powered up on.

FWIW I always take the flashing off immediately. Seems like quite many new discs have it nowadays. But its like a 2 minute fix on some concrete/asphalt.

Almost pulled the trigger on he stock run, but decided to wait. Its just good to know they are a thing so I can relax the death grip on my swirly stack :D

3-day DG road trip over the weekend. Threw the Danas quite the bit and liking them more and more. You can get them to do many things. Power hyzers, flex shots even flicks nicely. Straight shots if really powered up on.

FWIW I always take the flashing off immediately. Seems like quite many new discs have it nowadays. But its like a 2 minute fix on some concrete/asphalt.

Almost pulled the trigger on he stock run, but decided to wait. Its just good to know they are a thing so I can relax the death grip on my swirly stack :D

Yeah I have this leftover slab of granite countertop that I use the edge to get flashing off - its safer than asphalt and doesn't grit up or chip away at the actual disc - It feels WAY better but still would be nice to NOT have that sharp flashing - I have never had flashing on an MVP or AXIOM disc - just sayin' one of the biggest pluses of throwing them

Got my batch of the new stock S-lines in the mail yesterday!

Got two 175's and two 172's, all pink.

175's are both HAWT. Nice and flat, the pink plastic is extremely bright and eye catching, with a few whisps of white swirl mixed in.

The 172's are a little bit paler pink, still bubble gum colored and should be very easy to find. Just not as eye-pounding as the 175's. 172's also have the most dome of any CD2 I've handled; serious pop-top heartbeat action. Interested to see how they fly. My gut says the dome will make them more shot-shapey instead of line-drivey, but I'll find out this weekend.

Got my batch of the new stock S-lines in the mail yesterday!

Got two 175's and two 172's, all pink.

175's are both HAWT. Nice and flat, the pink plastic is extremely bright and eye catching, with a few whisps of white swirl mixed in.

The 172's are a little bit paler pink, still bubble gum colored and should be very easy to find. Just not as eye-pounding as the 175's. 172's also have the most dome of any CD2 I've handled; serious pop-top heartbeat action. Interested to see how they fly. My gut says the dome will make them more shot-shapey instead of line-drivey, but I'll find out this weekend.

I've heard the ones with more dome are more overstable like the roaming thunders, but I don't have any first hand experience.

I've heard the ones with more dome are more overstable like the roaming thunders, but I don't have any first hand experience.

Interesting. I'll have to compare domes & parting line heights this evening between the flat stock run, R.T., and domey stock run. I think they will go in that order for increasing dome, but need to check. Might post some pics if I can manage to take good clean ones.

Threw the new flatter stock run yesterday, and man what a sheer joy to throw right out of the box. Didn't even sand the flashing down, and it was still more workable than my sanded Roaming Thunder. Perfect CD2 flight: Very little flip and basically line drive out to 270', then predictable but non-dumpy fade. Really comfortable to grip FH or BH.

I also threw it over 800'. (I mean, yes of course I had 200' of elevation advantage ;) But still! 800'!) That was a beautiful flight, obviously got a little more flip being a downhill bomb like that, but was nowhere near turn & burn. Then came back to basically the center line of where the throw started. So happy with that. Some discs will get squirrely in that sort of oddball/funhouse/"big boy" type conditions, but man that stock run CD2 was just rock solid. (Obviously disc angle AND nose angle are both critical to success on that type of huge downhill line; ymmv.)

I love speed 9's!. I haven't had a Wraith in my bag all summer. Got a stock S-Line (175g) CD2 with a mild dome on the way. Should it fly like a beefy Valkyrie or a seasoned Thunderbird? Which side of the spectrum will it be?

Hoping for more of ValkyrieOS flight. I can't find production Glow Champion Valks anymore so I figured an S-CD2 would be a good option.

Last edited:
I didnt order any stock s's although i wad psyched to see them release - but i wanted to see one firsthand to pick one that would not be too overstable. Dont need anymore os cd2s. Ones i saw at this one store were by far the domiest i have ever seen. Was all too easy to pass on them. I will stick to my swirly collection as long as need be or until i can track one down that has only slight dome if that, and not too high plh

I was underwhelmed by the stock S line I got on the recommendation of a dude at a shop I frequent, 168g with some dome. I couldn't dial it in - was turning it over with a hard flat release and it faded out strongly with a hyzer release. Probably operator error but I have PDs in various states of wear that should cover lines the CD2 is intended for.

I love speed 9's!. I haven't had a Wraith in my bag all summer. Got a stock S-Line (175g) CD2 with a mild dome on the way. Should it fly like a beefy Valkyrie or a seasoned Thunderbird? Which side of the spectrum will it be?

Hoping for more of ValkyrieOS flight. I can't find production Glow Champion Valks anymore so I figured an S-CD2 would be a good option.

I picked up a stock one. 175 blue, small white swirlies in it. Flies true to the numbers right out of the box.

Anybody know what the mold pieces are for a CD2? Just curious..

Just got my Roaming Thunder today.. haven't gotten to throw it yet. Plastic feels softer than i expected, but I like it. Very grippy and this disc fits my hand well.. pumped to try it.

I don't know this but I put my CD2 up against a siwdewinder, they looked almost identical. Anhyzer top, sidewinder/valk bottom?

I don't know this but I put my CD2 up against a siwdewinder, they looked almost identical. Anhyzer top, sidewinder/valk bottom?

That sounds like it would make an understable disc.. I don't know though. Anhyzer top for sure.. Looks like it could be a Teebird wing?

I have a flat 171g S-line that's pretty undrstable. I understand the ones with dome are more overstable.

Wouldn't the wing be too wide to be a Teebird?

It's definitely not a speed 7 bottom and definitely not a teebird.

I've heard valk and sidewinder before.

I used to throw sidewinders a lot. It doesn't feel the same to me but I don't have one to compare it to directly so my memory might be fooling me.

It feels more like a valk or maybe even a viking. I haven't throw either of those is a looooooong time though.

I don't know what existing mold pieces it uses, but I'm pretty certain it's not a Valkyrie. Handle enough valks and you'll notice it has this kind of a bump on the bottom, kind of like how a leopard does. Not really a bead, but it's not a completely flat bottom wing piece. The roadrunner is convex, that wing is shared with the td.

I could believe the sidewinder wing with the anhyzer top. I've always been intrigued by the combinations of mold pieces and the resulting flights. The jls I believe is the whippet bottom and either the teebird or eagle top...how do you get a point and shoot fairway after combining any of those?