• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Seriously. Discmania has the worst stamps. The only one I even remotely like is the DD stamp, but it's still nothing to look at. I threw a new STD this weekend and while I LOVE the disc, I think I'd actually rather have an STD than have to look at the stamp on that disc. Errr... wait. No. Nevermind. :\

To anyone at Discmania who's listening, just make everything shield stamps and be done with it!! /rant

most i think are cool. cd and dd2 are kind of lame. i customize all my c line with the shield and my clean up the S lines a bit too. i love that damn dingo
IMG_20130109_074238_zpsd62ccf74.jpg

I like most of them too. I really like the PD and the FD. In fact, most people around here refer to Discmania discs by their "letter names" i.e. PD, DD, TD, MD, whatevs...except for two: the Jackal and the Gremlin. So, I guess whatever gets you brand recognition I guess.

love the pink CFD i got with bubbles. been using it a bunch to really see its capabilities. its flying very much like i hoped the C lines would.
i was able to put bubbles on a long flex line today. the S line just held the anhy to the ground. the C merlot pig was quick to pop out of it.
the CFD was fighting wind better than the northman today. got me wondering if i need the northman at all.

love the pink CFD i got with bubbles. been using it a bunch to really see its capabilities. its flying very much like i hoped the C lines would.
i was able to put bubbles on a long flex line today. the S line just held the anhy to the ground. the C merlot pig was quick to pop out of it.
the CFD was fighting wind better than the northman today. got me wondering if i need the northman at all.

I've had the same exact experience with mine. The S/C-FD (with bubbles) if a killer combo, and stupid sneaky long. They're the only drivers I have in the bag (I count the Trident as a mid).

I threw mine on the course the other day and was surprised. My CFD is blue, flat, stiff, and beefy! It was flying more like a teebird. I expected some turn and gentle fade, but it was just straight with a pretty good fade. I was looking for a stable turn over driver. I guess more work is to be done...

I plan on throwing the crap out of my C-FD next spring. I think this is a bellwether disc for me - when I can throw it well, I'll have moved from advanced beginner to solid intermediate.

CFD fearless in the wind.
played a double tourny yesterday. it was just windy enough to start affecting disc flight. couple holes in particular, other players were throwing their destroyers, and getting sucked into big turns in the headwind, putting them in a tree grove and off any real line. in the practice round i tried to throw my sword off the T and that too flipped into the grove. both rounds i threw the 168 cfd straight down the middle and it flew completely and totally unaffected by the wind.
big props to CFD, my baby

Threw a domey "Champ" one...I guess C-line. Flew like an old XL I had and held a perfect slow anhyzer and slid up to the pin. Its owner had 3 or so others and it seemed as though you can probably find them from moderately overstable to fairly understable by looking at the shape.

Threw a domey "Champ" one...I guess C-line. Flew like an old XL I had and held a perfect slow anhyzer and slid up to the pin. Its owner had 3 or so others and it seemed as though you can probably find them from moderately overstable to fairly understable by looking at the shape.

yea my pearly one is OS and my bubbled is a Neutreal beam.

I just got two C-FDs in the mail. Beautiful, bright discs in the same "Totem Teebird" blend of Champ, with the same crazy pearly spot on one part of the wing, but I digress.

My question is, what constitutes "flat" for the FD? My S-FDs are really domey, FDs are a domey mold. Are the flat ones..
-super flat?
-flat firebird flat??
-or just a lot less domey than the S-FDs?

Mine are a lot less domey than the S-FD's. The PLH is a tick higher on the C-Lines.

They're not firebird flat but noticeable flatter than any of the others. Mine was uber stiff and flew like a flat cal teebird.

played a double tourny yesterday. it was just windy enough to start affecting disc flight. couple holes in particular, other players were throwing their destroyers, and getting sucked into big turns in the headwind, putting them in a tree grove and off any real line. in the practice round i tried to throw my sword off the T and that too flipped into the grove. both rounds i threw the 168 cfd straight down the middle and it flew completely and totally unaffected by the wind.

Sounds like mine - very good into a headwind, especially for 168 grams.

Can't attest to this. That disc certainly saved us some strokes and we only won buy two so you could say it saved the day ;-) (like every other disc....). Buying one tomarrow on my way down!

Can't attest to this. That disc certainly saved us some strokes and we only won buy two so you could say it saved the day ;-) (like every other disc....). Buying one tomarrow on my way down!

Lol. * CAN (not Can't). I indeed can attest. damn I pad. Still prolly buying a pair of these beatches tomarrow.

Lol. * CAN (not Can't). I indeed can attest. damn I pad. Still prolly buying a pair of these beatches tomarrow.

ha, i saw the cfd i picked for you was sold from marshall, so i thought for a second you had ordered it and played a round or something.
i got a white, prob clear, one coming today, prob wont be much use at nini or buff this weekend but its a summer backup.

Latest posts