• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

picked up a 168 C FD today. hot pink and sexy. it also has the air bubbles in the rim, still real stiff, and flies much straighter than my pretty fadey 170C. seem to be the same dome though, both flat.

So I finally managed to pick up one of the FLAT C-FDs that some people on here have talked about. Prior to tossing it, I had been rocking a CFR Russian Open and a S-FD. The CFR is domey and has some turn but not nearly as much as the S-FD.

Anyways, holy **** is this flat C-FD stable. I mean it does NOT flip for anything. And for any of you guys or gals rocking the these flat C-FDs (mine is blue, I heard those are the money), have you noticed that they are actually a lot faster than speed 7, or at least faster than a regular FD with some dome? I don't know but I think this will be an EXCELLENT complement to a flippy FD.

picked up a 168 C FD today. hot pink and sexy. it also has the air bubbles in the rim, still real stiff, and flies much straighter than my pretty fadey 170C. seem to be the same dome though, both flat.

If you picked that up from Marshall Street then I have its twin. :hfive:

marshall it was. when i checked the night before they didnt even have pink, showed up yesterday and she was eyeing me across the basement. triplets they are
picked up the zone yesterday too, instant love, missing the drone on some FHs, but the zone was really aiding in my better FH technique.

I have a green 166 C-FD that is flat and has the air bubbles in the rim. I love it for both bh and fh. Should I pick S-FD? If so, how will it be different, more understable than the one I have?

I have a green 166 C-FD that is flat and has the air bubbles in the rim. I love it for both bh and fh. Should I pick S-FD? If so, how will it be different, more understable than the one I have?

if you like the c and its weight i recommend 169-171g s line. should be a little more standstill straight and slow turn driven. not flippy thought

I too picked up 2 hot pink C lines from MSt. They are a completley different disc from the S lines. They are more HSS with more LSS than any other S lines ive thrown. It has a high shoulder and flat top. The Russian CFR C lines were more stable than the S lines, but these C lines are like a different disc.

Very little turn with thrown flat, and dont flip from hyzer like the S lines. Almost like a new champ teebird

marshall it was. when i checked the night before they didnt even have pink, showed up yesterday and she was eyeing me across the basement. triplets they are
picked up the zone yesterday too, instant love, missing the drone on some FHs, but the zone was really aiding in my better FH technique.

I assume that it was a ESP or D Zone. The ESP's (especially the concave topped) are beefy. You'll want to be on the outlook for an Z Zone. They are like a mini Wasp and gorgeous driving & approach putter.

Finally had a chance to throw both my C and S-FDs together this weekend, and I honestly don't need much else for drivers in the bag. That's how well they complement each other. The S would have a nice turn and not fade much if I really ripped on it, and the C would always have the slight turn and hard fade I needed. Even into a headwind on a hyzer, the C still wouldn't flip up and held the hyzer line. For the courses I play, the one-two punch of these babies should have me set for the season.

...these C lines are like a different disc.
I completely agree with this. It's almost completely unfair to compare the 2 as the C's seem to fly slightly faster, are more HSS, and have much more fade at the end of their flight. I think the comparo's to a Champ Teebird are fair.

I carry 2, a 168 C and a 170 S and just like onemilemore, find that they can cover nearly every fairway shot I need. They're awesome discs.

I assume that it was a ESP or D Zone. The ESP's (especially the concave topped) are beefy. You'll want to be on the outlook for an Z Zone. They are like a mini Wasp and gorgeous driving & approach putter.

esp and concave, which i really like. im going to hopefully reneg on a trade with a friend and get one of his glow zones, but i saw dynamic had some Z if i need.

TO discmania
picked up a nice cfd today. first one ive seen with bubbles in the wing. straighter flying than my other cfds

FROM discmania
Discmania Those are sweet discs

There are bubbles in the rim because the plastic blend used in those C-FD's is a heavier that "regular" C-line material. The bubbles do not affect the discs flight, but allows us to produce more durable discs than before.

:thmbup: im prepare for a long relationship with my CFD bubble. i dare not ever call it blizzard though.

I think I want one with the ugly dog stamp.
Seriously. Discmania has the worst stamps. The only one I even remotely like is the DD stamp, but it's still nothing to look at. I threw a new STD this weekend and while I LOVE the disc, I think I'd actually rather have an STD than have to look at the stamp on that disc. Errr... wait. No. Nevermind. :\

To anyone at Discmania who's listening, just make everything shield stamps and be done with it!! /rant

TO discmania
picked up a nice cfd today. first one ive seen with bubbles in the wing. straighter flying than my other cfds

FROM discmania
Discmania Those are sweet discs

There are bubbles in the rim because the plastic blend used in those C-FD's is a heavier that "regular" C-line material. The bubbles do not affect the discs flight, but allows us to produce more durable discs than before.

:thmbup: im prepare for a long relationship with my CFD bubble. i dare not ever call it blizzard though.

Very interesting bit of information.

Soooo.... whatcha gonna do with those Rivers?

:p

Sell 'em on the MP for a loss...sigh...

Seriously. Discmania has the worst stamps. The only one I even remotely like is the DD stamp, but it's still nothing to look at. I threw a new STD this weekend and while I LOVE the disc, I think I'd actually rather have an STD than have to look at the stamp on that disc. Errr... wait. No. Nevermind. :\

To anyone at Discmania who's listening, just make everything shield stamps and be done with it!! /rant

That's funny, because the TD is probably the one I can stand the most. That monkey is a riot! Hopefully they're getting the message and will start going more along the lines of the TD2 stamp. That one is pretty innocuous.

I do cringe a bit when I look at this deranged Jackal stamp, that's for sure.

Latest posts