• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

the first time i used the CFD it was heavy wind, i could get real slow turn, but after a few days in the fields and courses with little to no wind, it is pretty stable. its merlot and flat, and also is not a glide monster. i cant get it to turn and it fades unlike my S. its like a slightly used teebird.
i traded my 167 SFD for a 173 SFD and there is a good bit of difference. the 167 was a flip machine while the 173 just flies dead straight much like my P MD2 from a standstill.
it was a great trade seeing the 173 flew like a banshee for my buddy while the 167 is now his straight max d disc.

My local pias got a bunch of discmania multi stamps in recently and there was a dope flat pink c FD in the bunch. I snatched it and tossed a bit yesterday and it was dead laser straight and surprisingly long. Anybody out there who tired the c FD still throwing it?

My local pias got a bunch of discmania multi stamps in recently and there was a dope flat pink c FD in the bunch. I snatched it and tossed a bit yesterday and it was dead laser straight and surprisingly long. Anybody out there who tired the c FD still throwing it?

Still love mine :)

^not that ive heard, maybe wishful thinking. S to stiff? stable? the light S lines get pretty flippy and adding a few grams makes it stable. ie 167 flip tastic, 170 slow turn, 173 straight with fade. thats for me FWIW,
add the c line and you got a hell of FD line up.
i found my 170 c line is a hell of a wind fighter too. flies like my 173 s does in no wind.

I was really hesitant to pick up a cFD at my local PIAS yesterday just because they were really flat compared to my cfr cFD and my sFDs.

I'm probably going to wait to see what the next run looks like, because my cFD is shaped so similar to the S Lines that I have that I'm wondering which one is really going to be more common in production.

^not that ive heard, maybe wishful thinking. S to stiff? stable? the light S lines get pretty flippy and adding a few grams makes it stable. ie 167 flip tastic, 170 slow turn, 173 straight with fade. thats for me FWIW,
add the c line and you got a hell of FD line up.
i found my 170 c line is a hell of a wind fighter too. flies like my 173 s does in no wind.

No, the S should be OK, but I was just thinking that using FDs like many use PDs would be nice. Out of the box turnovers (P), understable line-shaper (S) and more stable line-shaper (C) sounds tasty. I also really just like Pro plastic.

That is kind of what I was hoping for. With my shoulder issues, I can't always get the PD's up to speed. I can see their value in covering all the shots with just 3 discs, but I just am not always up to the task, unfortunately.:( I can usually get FD's up and dancing easily. Since I got my C-FD's, I am seeing much the same PD potential and a Pro version would be icing on the FD cake. I'd probably have to get 5 of them.:D

No, the S should be OK, but I was just thinking that using FDs like many use PDs would be nice. Out of the box turnovers (P), understable line-shaper (S) and more stable line-shaper (C) sounds tasty. I also really just like Pro plastic.

you can def. do that. get a c line
my 170 c is all the 35% stable inbounds gives it, plus the turn it does not have.
im picking up a S 170 for my turnovers and flip slow turns, using my 173S for rope straight and 170C for fades. i think i would have been better off with 165ish C, to get a little more distance im used to in my S. come march and ill drop the teebirds i hardly use anymore and get a nice OS stag.

I was also thinking about getting either a S or C line FD and tuning the crap out of it to make a it an US dream.:D pro beats in better, but the same results can come from bending the thing.

ive been tuning my c line relentlessly and its still very stiff but not so slick. in my experience the easiest thing to do is get a S 4/5 grams less or more than your current S for turnover or fade. i think even light c line will be more stable than almost any S line. at some point ill pick up a 165 c and check just how different they seem to be.

No baby arm, but it turns out that way.:wall: I have a 166 S, a 167 C and a 171 C. S line is money on most shots but annies, still turns out before I am wanting, so it needs a bit more beating. I just spent some time with the 167 C on Friday, actually the first real time I have spent with it. Way more stable than the S line. That was what was making me think of the PD's. The flight was about a -1, 3ish...and fading into a strong wind even. It was just a tad less fade than my new, 2nd run C-PD. Makes me wonder what the heavier and beefier 171 C is going to fly like. Its next on the try list. All 3 of mine are the exact same in PLH, dome...everything. Only differences are weight and color. If this 171 C is a bit more OS than the 167 C, I might could drop my C-PD completely. I'd have the same flight, same distance or more and more control.:thmbup:

No, I have it in hand....that is how I know it feels beefier than my others. I just haven't done more than fondle it.;) End of year work rush and yet another shoulder mishap has kept me busy and sidelined for a long time. Got out to play last Friday and threw the Amp and 167 C-FD almost exclusively. Next time out I'll have the 171 with me. :cool:

So my CFD had definitely replaced my champ leopard but my SFD isn't exactly filling the role my pro leopard had before. That nice slow hyzer flip isn't in my SFDs bag o tricks yet...maybe it just needs to wear more...anyone have issues with the SFD going just too straight at low speeds and not moving laterally enough?

Latest posts