• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

It's the booter and cooter show :)

All we need is for dooter to chime in.

To get back to the frikkin topic, I read onemilemore's (i think?)review, and I agree, it isn't as long as i hoped, still, the control was awesome.

Last edited:
Morons tend to irritate people which you have so skillfully done.

Nice work, Internet tough guy. Don't get your panties in a bunch because I think a FD looks like a TL, which it does. Blah blah blah. Thanks for the laugh!

:clap:

i was throwing my CFD which has a high shoulder, but very flat after that (175g) on very very low ceiling 300ish shots and parking baskets. When i could go a little higher i was able to get it out to 350. It is very very stable. I really like this disc. It literally flies like a longer dx roc. If i throw it flat it goes dead nuts straight till the end of the flight then fades forward. I need to find a compliment to it, cause my beat pro leopard isn't as long.

I love my flat, stiff 171g C-FD. Considerably more stable than my 175g S-FD.

This is the out-of-the-bag flippy Teebird I've been looking for. Hyzers that flip up to flat, or slow turnovers that flatten out fairly easily.

i was throwing my CFD which has a high shoulder, but very flat after that (175g) on very very low ceiling 300ish shots and parking baskets. When i could go a little higher i was able to get it out to 350. It is very very stable. I really like this disc. It literally flies like a longer dx roc. If i throw it flat it goes dead nuts straight till the end of the flight then fades forward. I need to find a compliment to it, cause my beat pro leopard isn't as long.

I was pleasantly surprised by the stability. Can't wait to give it another round tomorrow.

I had my farthest (measured) throw ever today with my new 175 gram SFD. It was with a stiff tailwind, and just past the apex a gust caught the disc and it went from 60 feet in the air to 100, and just rode it the whole way out. 567 feet of blissful slow motion glide. I was pretty shocked. :D

TD not cutting it as the compliment?

i throw the flow now which does wonders and ill be replacing them with a CD if they work out for me, or resorting back to the SL because the .2mm does make a difference in my hand, comfort wise. the sl and flow on an anhy flies -2, 1 for me, but slightly more stable than N when thrown flat.

i hear you on the roc description, my c md2 also flies on that new roc line. i find the md2 to be almost just as versatile in the diff plastic lines as the pd.

^ha, so many cfd cfrpd ive been reading, thought i was still on the PD thread

S FD might be just what you are looking for

My CFR C-FD is beefy compared to my s-lines. It seems there are flippy c-fds though...

s fd are considerably more understable than my cfd
my s fd i hyzer flip up to get a nice smooth turn never really to come back
my c fd thrown flat will turn then straighten before a little fade.

I put an S FD on the Christmas list; hoping to get a chance to try one out and perhaps fill the straight-flying/understable hole in my bag.

sweet! thanks booter. anybody know where to find a flat cfd? if they've been pressed with the new champ plastic that would be awesome too!

flat cfd are the most stable. very little turn . more HSS and more LSS than the s line.

That is what I am finding - mine can take on wind and fly straight. Understable it is not.

yeah.. in a good headwind it flies straight with no turn and lands straight with no fade. very dependable.

i picked mine up from discnation. i believe the only ones that were flat in this run are

green / blue / yellow

yeah.. in a good headwind it flies straight with no turn and lands straight with no fade. very dependable.

i picked mine up from discnation. i believe the only ones that were flat in this run are

green / blue / yellow

Mine is a nice solid blue from Pipe Dreams. It isn't a glide monster, but then I've only thrown it in cold windy conditions, and it has outshined the rest of my bag in these conditions.

Latest posts