• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I just spent some time with the 167 C on Friday, actually the first real time I have spent with it. Way more stable than the S line. That was what was making me think of the PD's. The flight was about a -1, 3ish...and fading into a strong wind even.

Yep, my new C-FD has a healthy amount of fade as well. It seems like a glidier Eagle to me, and it is great for shaping lines. Once I get my S in this week, I am excited to use those two as my only drivers for a bit.

One unexpected use I found for the C was huge skips! I threw it on a hyzer uphill, and it took the skip to about 15 feet from the pin for birdie. The skip had to have covered a good 30 feet. I wasn't trying to do that, but it puts the idea in my head for the future.

Now that you say that, Eaglish was how it was flying. I need to actually throw them while NOT in a hurricane soon. :rolleyes: Might actually tell me more....but that day did tell me they can handle some wind very well. :thmbup:

Now that you say that, Eaglish was how it was flying. I need to actually throw them while NOT in a hurricane soon. :rolleyes: Might actually tell me more....but that day did tell me they can handle some wind very well. :thmbup:

That's good to know. We don't have a ton of wind here, but I feel pretty confident the C can handle it. It is a little more stable than I like right now, but I am dedicating myself to working it in. I know it has potential.

That's good to know. We don't have a ton of wind here, but I feel pretty confident the C can handle it. It is a little more stable than I like right now, but I am dedicating myself to working it in. I know it has potential.

I was playing right as a cold front was coming in. :doh: Steady blow at 20+ with gusts well over 30+ at times. It handled it, but then I was throwing worm burners most of the time. Don't think I was throwing above 10' off the deck at all.

I'm kinda liking the stability as is. If I tune one C line to US, I'll have a very PD like line up. OS C line, stable S line and a US C to top it off.

ive not tried putting my c line on an anhy route yet. mostly cuz my S i can throw flat for the same end result, but i wonder how the c line would hold it.

my c md2 is very much a shorter Cfd in flight, as my sfd is very much a further smd2. really digging that i can drive my cmd2 very much the same i can standstill the CFD. these two are breeding confidence for me.

my c md2 is very much a shorter Cfd in flight, as my sfd is very much a further smd2. really digging that i can drive my cmd2 very much the same i can standstill the CFD. these two are breeding confidence for me.

Jake, you should try a P-MD2 I cannot believe how straight that disc is there is almost zero low speed fade at the end.

Jake, you should try a P-MD2 I cannot believe how straight that disc is there is almost zero low speed fade at the end.

thanks discless:thmbup:, i actually have two of them, they started the md2 legacy! i picked up p at 172 early October after loosing my dx coyote and not really jiving with rocs and star coyotes. the P are absolutely rope straight from a power stand still for me.
i picked up the 180 s to be a more stable component to the p, however the only big difference i found is the S is less prone to wind turn. so i havnt been carrying the p too much my past few rounds, blustery winter conditions. i think i would on courses with a lot of elevation, up hill shots... truly a disc that holds lines. love the dependable fade on the cmd2 when you need some bend:hfive:

ive not tried putting my c line on an anhy route yet. mostly cuz my S i can throw flat for the same end result, but i wonder how the c line would hold it.

I've thrown two different Cs on an anny - my fresh one and my buddy's more worn in one (certainly not beat, though). My fresh one didn't like the anny and immediately came out of it - probably due to user error. The worn in one held the anny and flexed out nicely at the end of it's flight. It was a sweet, sweet toss.

Hmm..interesting. I'd have never thought to compare it to the Stalker. I never really meshed with them...but the FD was money from day one.

On paper the FD is less stable than the Teebird: I just hop my C-FD beats into the used Teebird I gave my son. Can't complain though; this disc will last me a LONG time.

Hmm..interesting. I'd have never thought to compare it to the Stalker. I never really meshed with them...but the FD was money from day one.

Looking at the PDGA spec sheet I know agree - the FD is faster than a Stalker. Admittedly, my experience with the Stalker is pretty limited. I gave it away after one field session.

same thing here. first fairways was teebird and stalker and i almost immediatly did not like the stalker, perhaps because i really loved the teebird? idk did one round with both and one field session before i gave it up

fd was love at first flight

same thing here. first fairways was teebird and stalker and i almost immediatly did not like the stalker, perhaps because i really loved the teebird? idk did one round with both and one field session before i gave it up

fd was love at first flight

My suspicion: it requires more arm speed than the numbers would indicate.

I throw about 330-350' max with distance drivers to give you an idea of my power level. Average, not exceptional.

My CFD was crazy stable for me right out the box, and it had a slight dome which I didn't like.

Flattened it with the water trick and now it hyzer-flips PERFECTLY back to a controlled S-curve. Much more if not exactly like the (-1,1) rating it has. Before it was like (0,3)!

Didn't even hafta beat it up for a year.

Did the exact same thing with my pearly QOLS. It was way too beefy (acted more like a QOLF), but now after the water trick it hyzer-flips with crazy turnover, which is what I wanted and expected from it in the first place. Gave it a bunch of HS turn like a Sidewinder.

I love the water trick, especially when it restores the expected flightpath to your disc!

Last edited:
I may have to try that. I was amazed how this disc kicked my derriere.

My CFD was crazy stable for me right out the box, and it had a slight dome which I didn't like.

Flattened it with the water trick and now it hyzer-flips PERFECTLY back to a controlled S-curve. Much more if not exactly like the (-1,1) rating it has. Before it was like (0,3)!

Pablo, would it be possible to get a pic of the domeless end result? That may be what I want to do to one...way faster than beating the crap outta it. FWIW, 0, 2/3 is about what I have with mine and its a domey one.

Latest posts