• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

A diamond in the rough perhaps

Got one... a domey CFD. No clue how it flies yet, its max weight and clear, so reluctant to throw with snow on the ground.
i wonder if this was a 1st run or something, because the rim does not appear to be pearly or have bubbles. its stiff but not as much my other CFDs. Flight report hopefully coming sooner than later.

42c3913a-5c15-4bab-b244-ead08357d133_zpsccec4d5e.jpg

Sounds exactly like my clear first run Russian CFR C-Line FD. I saw a production stamp C-FD at disc golf center recently that was also heavy and clear, very domey. You're probably right, leftovers from the first run. I've been hoarding spare flat ones just in case. If a new run ever comes out domey or flippy, I'll be prepared.

Have you thrown in yet? The domey ones aren't terrible, but they feel slower and flew more turn-then-fade for me.

I ordered a few spares, I'm hoping one but not all of them is domey. Something less o/s than the flats and less sensitive than the SFD's.

I sent Discmania a msg about these discs, having been so immediately impressed with them, and got a response which says, in part,
We do love the flat and stiff C-FD's too. We have already advised the manufacturer* to stick to the plastic blend used in those ones in the future runs too, but as the production is not fully in our hands, we can not be 100% sure that the disc will stay exactly the same.

The asterisk is to a note that they're mfg'd by Innova, etc etc. But I'm trying to set aside a few too, just in case. :)

Just wanted to clarify before I order one, the stable/os wind fighters are the flat stiff C-FDs right?

Thanks,
CC

Sounds exactly like my clear first run Russian CFR C-Line FD. I saw a production stamp C-FD at disc golf center recently that was also heavy and clear, very domey. You're probably right, leftovers from the first run. I've been hoarding spare flat ones just in case. If a new run ever comes out domey or flippy, I'll be prepared.

Have you thrown in yet? The domey ones aren't terrible, but they feel slower and flew more turn-then-fade for me.
i got mine from DGC, it was marked white, but fig it would be clear. i had this feeling it was not going to be right between the normal cfd and sfd despite the dome.

Well, you could dye it a bright color. :|
i originally thought about this, maybe dyeing the inside of the circle stamp, but i think im going to leave it, and use it for night rounds, and taping glow bracelets to
I ordered a few spares, I'm hoping one but not all of them is domey. Something less o/s than the flats and less sensitive than the SFD's.
it may be a fat chance you get a domey but perhaps. i have found a good bit of difference in the max weight S and the 167 i had, perhaps that could be an option...
Just wanted to clarify before I order one, the stable/os wind fighters are the flat stiff C-FDs right?

Thanks,
CC
yes pretty much any cfd will handle wind, i was chucking mine in steady 25 and gusts of 50 with out much deviation from no wind.

My S-FD works great in the wind as well as the C lines. Gusts up to 20 yesterday and they held the lines perfectly....or at least as well as I threw them.:D I have thrown the S line in gusts at or above 35mph and when I threw it nose down on ling drives, it acted like there was no wind at all. Nose up or flat and it was to the moon.

My 172 C-FD is noticeably firmer than my 168. The 168 flies great for me. Have yet to throw the firmer one.:doh: Keep forgetting to throw it in the bag. I don't doubt its as good as the lighter one at the very least. I just hope Innova doesn't screw these up tinkering with them as they have with so many other molds. That is my biggest worry with these. May be prudent to buy a huge stack before too long.

Has anyone compared a flat C-FD with C-TD as a straight flyer with minimal (or less I would say) fade? I'm now throwing S-PD, C-TD, S-FD combo but wondering if C-FD is stable enough to fill the gap between PD and S-FD.

i know people were referring to the + Ctd as having lap with the pd. which i imagine was ppd. anyway, its not, and anyone who says it is, is prob a noodle arm. sorry noodle arms.
my cfd light or heavy is pretty significantly more stable than the CTD.
i have a 170+ ctd and compared it to the 168 CFD.

i know people were referring to the + Ctd as having lap with the pd. which i imagine was ppd. anyway, its not, and anyone who says it is, is prob a noodle arm. sorry noodle arms.
my cfd light or heavy is pretty significantly more stable than the CTD.
i have a 170+ ctd and compared it to the 168 CFD.

I definitely agree. I have 1 Non + C-TD, 2 C-TD+, and 3 S-TDs, and all of them are more prone to turn than all of my C-FDs. This includes my CFR Russian Open C-FDs and my flat beefy C-FDs.

Honestly, I don't find much use for any of my TDs anymore.

Glad to hear that. Thanks.

I definitely agree. I have 1 Non + C-TD, 2 C-TD+, and 3 S-TDs, and all of them are more prone to turn than all of my C-FDs. This includes my CFR Russian Open C-FDs and my flat beefy C-FDs.

Honestly, I don't find much use for any of my TDs anymore.

took it out today. i agree with you, i was getting equal distance, but it seemed slower, and actually had some S line glide.
it for sure sits right in the middle of the S and current C. Purely speculation but it flies like i would imagine a 180 or 185 S would.

all in all, you see one, id buy it before i beat you to it.:D

I went and sold off all but my critical/favorite Teebirds and picked up a few more C-FDs. I picked them up today, and I'm quite pleased. I initially got 2, and then 4 more. 5 of the 6 are flat (2@ 171g, 3@ 175g) and the white one, sure enough, is domey!

Now I just need all this damn snow to melt so I can throw it..

I have noticed that the FD seems slow in the air, but I'm never disappointed in the distance I get.

Attached pic = these should last me a while.

Attachments

• IMG_20130223_191856.jpg
    IMG_20130223_191856.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 74
awesome i was just about to PM you to let you know marshall has a clear, red foil stamp CFD, but against odds, you got one.
im thinking we will start to see more of the clear trickling into shops. it may not be the CFD they make more recently, but still plenty useful.

Can one of you guys help me find a flatter S-line 169-171? I know they aren't as flat as the new C-lines, but there were a few with very mild dome released at some point. I threw mine in the water, and all the ones I've seen lately are pop top domey.

Threw the C-FDs a lot today and yesterday (not the white one though...) trying big hyzers and flat lines and even a huge anhyzer. Seems like with a good, clean throw these will hold even the anhyzer line for about 80% of the flight before the fade kicks in.

I also couldn't notice any difference between a 175g and 171g C-FD.

Also threw all of my drivers into a mild, steady headwind after the round. my SFD went about 15' farther than everything else I threw (Saints, Viking, CFDs). It took my hyzer than the others and tracked about 40' right before swinging back... I was kind of amazed.

Latest posts