• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Thank you guys for the info.

I know two of those three criteria were satisfied. Not sure about the bubbles in the rim. What are they selling for nowadays so I can determine whether it's worth it to go back or not?

$30-$50 from what I've seen.

Is there a great difference in flight with the sub170g 2nd runs and max wt. 2nd runs, or are people just going max wt. for max. wt. sake? I have only the sub170gs and they seem great fliers to me. I dont have a need to get in a bidding frenzy over a max wt. one.

Is there a great difference in flight with the sub170g 2nd runs and max wt. 2nd runs, or are people just going max wt. for max. wt. sake? I have only the sub170gs and they seem great fliers to me. I dont have a need to get in a bidding frenzy over a max wt. one.

I prefer lighter weights now, but they were plenty stable enough for me. I prefer softer plastic, so I've given up on them in favor of a newer blend of soft jl teebirds. I've got a couple in the upper 160s that feel awesome and pretty similar flight.

167-175 I really don't noticed much of a difference in flight. 165's are easier for me to flip over and hold their line. My drivers are all 168-171g with the exception of an older star boss that's marked 175, however through the years I'm sure it's lost a little weight like my Aviars. I don't consider a few grams to be that noticeable in flight paths or my ability to throw them a certain way though. The only FD I bag is a 175g, I use it only for straight shots out to about 300.

I've not thrown max weight 2nd runs, but I seem to recall someone on here claiming there was little to no difference in flight between 165-170 and 175 when it comes to these. I've thrown a 171g and a 166g and from my observations that holds true. I used to think they don't beat at all, only cosmetic scuffing; but my older thrower [the 171g] definitely has had some LSS beat out of it. HSS remains unchanged however, and you gotta love that.

So oddly enough, I came into 2nd runs easier/ before coming into an s-line. I've been working out a few s-lines for a couple weeks and have been very impressed. Truly a great disc, and a 2nd run/s-line combo does damn near anything I'd want a fairway driver for.

Are the jackal stamps particular to any runs specifically or could they be any run?

The only change in the S runs have been the switch from the Jackal stamp to the newer shield type stamp they're running now. I've had a bunch of Jackal stamps over time and they've all been the same as far as I can tell. They pair great with the second runs, same as the G line/2nd run

Not sure, but the only S lines I've thrown that are any different are the Swirl S-lines which are more HSS. They fly very similarly to 5th run JLs.

I have a hybrid red S Line and a 5th run C Line. They fly very similar, with the hybrid maybe being a touch less stable.

Are there certain runs of S Line that are more understable? I'm looking for one that'll turn more.

If you have a beat S or C FD that turns, hit me up.

Why not G-line? At max weight they beat into a great hyzer flip/turnover disc pretty quickly and then will hold that stability for a while.

They always felt too soft to me. I haven't picked up any G FD's, but my G CD2 was too easy to press into on top.

I'm willing to be proven wrong. All I want is an understable FD that doesn't change after one tree hit (D Line).

They always felt too soft to me. I haven't picked up any G FD's, but my G CD2 was too easy to press into on top.

I'm willing to be proven wrong. All I want is an understable FD that doesn't change after one tree hit (D Line).
Yeah, D-lines are super flippers as soon as they get any wear on them. I'd really only recommend them for extremely powered down understable lines or as a roller (which is what it's in my bag for).

Look for a heavier weight G-line with a little bit of dome to it and I think it'll be exactly what you're looking for AFTER a couple of tree hits. ;)

Go with G Line then. Noticeably more understable than a worn in S line. I hated mine at first compared to the S line and C line but it has grown on me.

What's the run/characteristics with the bubbles in the rim, slight pearl, not quite JL, pretty stiff and decently flat?