• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

A straight TD powered down will flex out of annies earlier than Leo/Cyclone. Including angles from which neither would flex out.

Depends on how much you generate spin and power down, in my experience they don't flex much unless you give them some height.

I am planning on picking up a TD for a roller. Any suggestions as to what kind I should opt for?

150 D-line ftw :)

http://www.herodiscusa.com/discmania-dx-td-jumping-koi-stamp-airman-dx-test-picment-amber.html

STD turns without thinking and has a nice fade to complete a s-flight. I threw my STD down a 310' tight fairway with about 75% power. The STD turned 20'+ right then faded back to straight, parked. Too easy... I must be doing it wrong :eek: :)

shelbyforesteast11.jpg

My STD started out more stable with minimal fade, I'd say similar flight to a p pd with a touch less fade. Its getting seasoned now and wants to stay turned on a flat release, but it holds a sweet hyzerflip line. It works well as a roller too.

Timko said:
I am planning on picking up a TD for a roller. Any suggestions as to what kind I should opt for?
Out of the box, D-TD. But more seriously, gummy S-TD's tend to be the least overstable, grab a stack of them and find the one with the lowest PLH.

Though personally I use my stable S-TD's for rollers, I just throw them with a huge anhyzer.

pask2155 said:
Do you guys see a big difference in stability in c line vs s line plastic?

There is a big difference in stability just in STDs...And add that to all the PLUS and non-PLUS BS with CTDs and you've got a very unpredictable amount of variation in the TD mold(THANKS INNOVA!). Hopefully in a couple years if Innova doesn't fuck up anymore. there will be a useful answer to your question.

I haven't ever thrown a +TD. That said the dozen or so S and 10 or so C I've thrown have all been very similar with C being slightly more lss to begin with. All of mine have had patent #s

dgdave said:
I haven't ever thrown a +TD. That said the dozen or so S and 10 or so C I've thrown have all been very similar with C being slightly more lss to begin with. All of mine have had patent #s

Where did you get your non plus CTDs? I've yet to see one.

I've seen a couple of non-plus C-TDs at retailers. Maybe they were left over from the initial CFR/Big-D run.

I traded for a patent numbered CFR td and bought a few third run non plus c tds from somebody with a hookup on them.

Just be sure you aren't paying premium prices for them. I saw a stack of non-plus C-Lines at the USDGC's. I have a feeling they are less rare than some might think.

yeah the new run pf ctds are non plus just like the new run of cpds. the ctds havent really made it everywhere but theyve been available for months. initially the xouts from the proshop were first ones i saw at my localnpias then i asked molnar and he confirmed. some of tue xouts were pretty gummy and i was going to try one but i still have some from the big d run.