• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

dehaas said:
I'd like to track down a regular rimmed c line at some point.
Most of them (all that I've seen) are among the most understable TD's out of the box.

Props to Discspeed for hooking me up with a sweet red 169 champystar TD from Clearwater Disc Golf. It fits perfectly in with my other stable S-TD. This thing flies the most amazing controlled turnover shots I have ever thrown. I can put it on a small anhyzer and have confidence that it will turn over for a long time, but still fade back to flat. It also works really well on hyzer. While it doesn't flatten out from too much hyzer, it penetrates forward incredibly well. I'm stoked on this disc.

Here's a shot from tonight. Even at dusk you can still almost see right through it.

6945126303_8f8f21e7ae.jpg

That one is really nice feeling, not mushy like the 175 red champystars, but more like a special blend Orc.

discspeed said:
That one is really nice feeling, not mushy like the 175 red champystars, but more like a special blend Orc.

Yeah, it's definitely not like one of the mushy TD's at all. It flies a true HSS -2 and LSS 1. I haven't been around long enough to know anything other than Star and Champ, etc. so I can't compare it to a special blend. All I know is I really stinkin like this disc. Thanks again!

These have slowly becoming my main driver. I've had the same cfr in my bag for 2 years and I've finally gotten 3 S and another C and damn I love them. If I need a stronger fade, I get out my PDs

dgdave said:
These have slowly becoming my main driver. I've had the same cfr in my bag for 2 years and I've finally gotten 3 S and another C and damn I love them. If I need a stronger fade, I get out my PDs

You looking for backup cfr's? I still have the ones I got from you. The TD hasn't stuck in the bag for me so I'm not throwing them if. One's a big D stamp and the other is a dye.

i was at a one of our pias yesterday and saw they had some proshop F2 ctds that were non + mold. they felt just like th3cfr's. slightly gummy and a moderate dome. . so tasty. there was also a really gummy 168 in there that mmy bastard of a friend bought because he thought i didnt want it. either way,its good to see them non + mold. 8.99 too!

I've been throwing my s line a ton lately, its beaten in a bit for some super straight hyzerflips. If only my local pias had a better selection of x outs.

... Beautiful. I want all of my DM discs with just that small shield.

I bought a 175 S-TD, 174 OLS, and a dx 168 Eagle today. I went out and threw for a little bit (haven't done much in a while). I had some really good throws with the eagle and the TD. I will probably bag the TD. I probably drop down a few grams to get one that is not as stable. If I don't stick with the TD I'll go back to the Eagle. I didn't like the OLS.

I don't know why I got rid of the TD that I had.

Going to lower weights in isn't a consistent way to get less stable TD's, my 169-171g S-TDs the most stable ones I have.

Nope, not all. And the non+ C-TD's were usually the least stable of the bunch (not counting the D-TD obviously).

I picked up a c-td and it was the + mold. I found it had very little turn and was pretty stable which surprised me

linkinparkervii said:
I picked up a c-td and it was the + mold. I found it had very little turn and was pretty stable which surprised me
TD's on the whole don't have that much turn and are pretty stable, until they're beat.

Latest posts