• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

discspeed said:
dgdave said:
Just got in a C TD and it flies like a speed 9/10 champ leopard. I like it

I'll be contracting an S-TD today...I'm itching to try it out!
If it starts out very stable like mine, please tell me if you manage to beat it into submission eventually.

dgdave said:
Just got in a C TD and it flies like a speed 9/10 champ leopard. I like it
yeah i never threw that C, the S i have is a good deal domier and prolly more stable

One of my C-TD's is domier than the other, and my S-TD is like the domier of the C's. But honestly, I thought in the 6 or 7 throws I gave each on the softball field that they all flew relatively the same stability wise. And I actually seemed to have them all land relatively close to each other each time with the exceptions of on release errors. I need to try my domey C again now that I removed the slight flashing it had. I think I just need to start throwing the shit out of all of them to try to get them broken in.

i threw both my s-tds and c-tds and they both flew similar. i will agree with dave on the leopard type flight with some turn but theres no way it was the -4 turn it was thought to have though. however i prefer the stars to the champs as i get better grip and theyll break in faster. both plastics were equally domey.

dont feel like digging back a few pages. there was talk of the new domey S-DD. anyone know if any online retailers have these?

zj1002 said:
dont feel like digging back a few pages. there was talk of the new domey S-DD. anyone know if any online retailers have these?
i have a nice 172 id trade ya, good healthy dome, also a 172 P-line. both 9/10.
whadya got? :wink:

I just remembered something. My S-TD is made of that red, translucent Star-plastic, was that usually more or less stable in the PD etc.?

jubuttib said:
I just remembered something. My S-TD is made of that red, translucent Star-plastic, was that usually more or less stable in the PD etc.?

I've got the same translucent red S-TD, 172 (the ones marked 175 were all 1-2 grams heavy). This disc was about the same stability as my brand new P-PDs of the same weight...and much squirrelier. When I did throw it hard enough to turn it wasn't the slow, methodical turn of my PDs, but rather it was stable until an obvious point where it got quite understable for a window of time before it got stable again. It really did fly like some of the stable Roadrunners I've had. That red plastic sure is purty.

And no, my red PDs are not particularly overstablestable...very straight.

Yesterday I just got a S-P1, an SG-MD1, and a C-MD2 in the mail. Haven't tried them out yet, but at least now I can play a round with an all Discmania bag if I want to. :)

Yeah, I don't care too much for how the underside of the P1 rim feels. I haven't tried to throw it much yet. The MD2 actually seems really nice in the few throws I've given it so far. Probably not going in my normal bag, but it has some potential.

The P1 feels fantastic, only problem is that it doesn't come in a KC Pro like plastic. I was referring to the S part of S-P1. S stands for "shit" in putters.

BTW, I freakin love the TD now that I have tried it on the course. Normally it seems that discs I throw well on the field end up not going so well on the course. This time the TD is better on the course than my first throws in a field. The C-TD that I deflashed is a great turnover disc that gets nice D. The S-TD turns well and then gets a little comeback at the end. At first I thought there might be too much overlap for me with the TD's and my P-PD's. But now I am mostly only throwing the P-PD's on hyzer flips instead of flat like I used to only do. I'm throwing the TD's flat now for the shots that I had wanted the PD to turn on. The TD seems more reliable for that shot. But I get a little overlap as I have tried throwing the TD on hyzer flips a couple times as well. But I think having both in my bag is a good thing.

I watched booter bomb a 350ft+, 90 degree turn anny backhand that just held that turn perfectly. disc looks fun, i might end up trying it out

yessir. i love the disc so far. my cd was getting squirrly and inconsistant for me. i was use to throwing road runners prior so the feel of the td is natural. and the fact that this thing have amazing glide from the big dome,just makes them easier to love. just like zj said, i threw a huge anny to get around a 90 degree bend thinking it would not even hold and the damn thing held majority of the way hugging the tree line and finally finishing back left. i love it so far.

i should mention also that im throwing the s-td . the c-tds were nice but didnt make the bag really. however i may give em a shot again now that i have more rounds in with the mold

It does hold anhyzers remarkably well. I just wish it'd actually turn more.

I got my P (175) and S-Line (177) MD2s the other day. Mostly been playing around with the P-Line (R-Pro) and it's a very good disc. Can handle all the power I can dish out (with a good release at least), turns a bit and then locks on, a bit of fade at the end. Pretty fast and has good glide, flies far if ripped. All-around reminds me of the X-Buzzz, except... Better, somehow. I need to do more testing. So far I'm loving it. The plastic doesn't seem as feeble as the driver R-Pro I've seen, but not as durable as putter R-Pro either. The grip is phenomenal though, I need to beat it some more to find out the durability.

I only threw the S-Line a few times, and wasn't really dialed in that night. It did seem to fly a bit different from the P-Line though, bit more of an S-flight. I definitely need to try this out more.

Maybe I've got a weird PD, but I bought a Pro PD last week and went field testing, and the disc did not fly like a TeeBird with sunshine coming out of its ass, but more like a Beast. Is this a weird run, or the plastic??

JHBlader86 said:
Maybe I've got a weird PD, but I bought a Pro PD last week and went field testing, and the disc did not fly like a TeeBird with sunshine coming out of its ass, but more like a Beast. Is this a weird run, or the plastic??

If by a Beast you mean that it had a little more high speed turn, this is normal for the newer runs of PPDs. If by Beast you mean squirrely and hard to predict/dial in the turn/fade, then you have an anomaly.