• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

discspeed said:
JHBlader86 said:
Maybe I've got a weird PD, but I bought a Pro PD last week and went field testing, and the disc did not fly like a TeeBird with sunshine coming out of its ass, but more like a Beast. Is this a weird run, or the plastic??

If by a Beast you mean that it had a little more high speed turn, this is normal for the newer runs of PPDs. If by Beast you mean squirrely and hard to predict/dial in the turn/fade, then you have an anomaly.

I mean it had the high speed turn like a Beast. Should I try the S PD if I want the more stable one??

davei @ PDGA said:
dangle @ PDGA said:
Hey Dave,

I heard about a Discmania disc similar to a Boss/Katana was supposed to be coming out at some point....Can you tell us when we could see one?
We haven't even test shot it yet. We are way behind our molding schedule at this point. If it tests out well, it will be out before the end of the season. We already know it won't be available in anything but heavy weights for S-series because of the structure. It might work in something like R-Pro for lower weights though.
Damn, I'll have to test drive it in the winter, not good.

I wonder what they'll call it though, they already have the Distance Driver. ÜD perhaps?

JHBlader86 said:
discspeed said:
JHBlader86 said:
Maybe I've got a weird PD, but I bought a Pro PD last week and went field testing, and the disc did not fly like a TeeBird with sunshine coming out of its ass, but more like a Beast. Is this a weird run, or the plastic??

If by a Beast you mean that it had a little more high speed turn, this is normal for the newer runs of PPDs. If by Beast you mean squirrely and hard to predict/dial in the turn/fade, then you have an anomaly.

I mean it had the high speed turn like a Beast. Should I try the S PD if I want the more stable one??
I bought three P-PDs (168, 172 and 175) which seem to be from an older run and they all were pretty HSS at first, not turning at all. Now I the lighter ones to turn a bit, but then again I've been abusing them to make them less HSS. The DGR P-PDs I got were newer, different feeling plastic and were all less HSS (the 158g turning almost like a DX Sidewinder) turning somewhat straight out of the box, except for the heaviest which would still be my favorite if it wasn't in the bottom of a pond. So yeah, at least some of the newer ones turn more, kind of like a Beast.

If you want more stable PDs, try the S-PDs or better yet, go paw through them and find the ones with a higher PLH.

On the other hand I just got a brand new DX TeeBird that started out laser beam straight (and I mean laser beam, I didn't see it fade once before my friend tried it and threw way too high) and at the moment reads my mind on gentle left to right gliding shots (RHBH), kind of like my Meteor but faster and longer. My 168 DGR P-PD also does this, except even longer, and with a bit of fade, which I've yet to see out of the TeeBird.
turso said:
yeah, s-lines are predominantly more stable than p-lines.
True, but there are freaky ones, like that orange with the blue stamp Alarauta has... =)

This just in (well, found out last Wednesday)!

Dave Feldberg loooooves the TD.

so theres been some talk about a new prototype disc out. apparently its a Discmania DD2 "Frenzy" which is what was rumored to be the katana bottom with the "pd" top. anybody else got any info on these? a guy on dgcr said he got one in a players pack and its between a tana and a boss stability wise but hes at a higher elevation so it may be like a katana all together

Just asked Discmania on Facebook, the Frenzy should be for sale early next month.

Sahweeeet. Now I need to make up another excuse to my wife as to why I need 5 more discs........

I emiled Jussi about echo discs, and he said he doesn't see them on the immediate horizon. But he said that about the Champ PD too, so who knows.

Champ PD still isn't on the immediate horizon (as a standard release). Dave D also said that Echo* would be a good idea, but it depends on Discmania.

But yeah, looking forward to the Frenzy. If it sits between the Boss and the Katana, the best thing it can be is a tad faster Pro Destroyer. And that would ROCK.

booter said:
according to discmania the c line of all the molds that have been molded in it already,will be in production early next yr.
They also said that the Rush would be released in early April. But yeah, I don't count early next year as "immediate horizon".

Discmania should also do some fairway drivers. They're seriously lacking in anything between speeds 5 and 9.
EDIT:
Dave D @ PDGA said:
We will have to wait a while to try the PD in Echo, but we have a new driver for Discmania in right now and we are going to test shoot that in Echo S.
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...

Sweetness. The so-called protos that were spoken of are up on Ebay. Don't know if I wanna commit or wait for the release.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Proto-Discmania-DD2-Frenzy-Golf-Disc-molded-Innova-/260651910386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Taken from Mark's description:
Speed 13+, glide of 5, turn of -1.5 and fade of 3.

Sounds a lot like what was advertised. Would be awesome if so.

Joz said:
Sweetness. The so-called protos that were spoken of are up on Ebay. Don't know if I wanna commit or wait for the release.
Easy for me, doesn't ship to Finland. =P