• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

:? pretty hard to turn, id say this would be a great understable driver for folks who have a bigger arm and turn Roadrunners and sidewinders too hard. If you throw 400+ then a TD may be the flippy driver for you, if you're stuck at 380 or less like my weak ass then leave it alone :(

I just tried out my new TDs at a local softball field. I got 2 C-TDs and 1 S-TD. I found them to fly similar to both my Champ RR and my Champ Sidewinder. If I got good snap on them, they would turn a little bit then fade a slight bit at the end. But they didn't really turn as much as I anticipated. Honestly, for me, I think they overlap a little bit with my P-PD's, except the PD's are slightly longer and have a little more fade. I'm debating maybe de-flashing the one C-TD to make it a little less stable, though there isn't much flashing to begin with. I think they are good drivers, but I'm not sure if one will make it into my bag or not, since it would probably have to kick a PD out of my bag.

As far as getting right colors...this time DGV didn't do as well. About the only request I made on color was to not have any two of the three discs be the same color. But the STD and one of the CTDs were both orange. Not a big deal, but I wanted more variety.

Frank Delicious said:
How it is for just some distance lines?
not bad, i did throw one big torquey max d anny line that got out to around 410, disc glides very well. most of the hyzer flip lines i tried (my bread and butter with a RR) would just flip up to flat and cruise straight :(

Frank Delicious said:
If you wanna let a C TD go, I've got another Ion laying around.
Ion's already outta the bag :lol: maybe my shortest run ever with a putter, back to magnets for me....dunno why i ever put em on the shelf, nothing compares :!:

Didn't ching already use that name? I guess that didn't stop gateway from re-using old names for completely new discs and confusing me...

To the people that complain that the S-TD won't hold an anny:

"Don't you know STDs always come back" :lol:

My S-TD holds an anny beautifully, it just doesn't turn enough from flat. If you throw it with some anhyzer (or just flat, depending on your power) it holds anhyzer lines very well.

jubuttib said:
My S-TD holds an anny beautifully, it just doesn't turn enough from flat. If you throw it with some anhyzer (or just flat, depending on your power) it holds anhyzer lines very well.
yeah it will hold if you rip it good, but when i hear -4 turn i expect to be able to flip up (and over) the disc from a pretty substantial hyzer, not the case with my power.

I think the majority of DM discs are off on their turn/fade numbers. For example, I don't think the Star or Pro PD is a +4 fade.

Jesse B 707 said:
jubuttib said:
yeah it will hold if you rip it good, but when i hear -4 turn i expect to be able to flip up (and over) the disc from a pretty substantial hyzer, not the case with my power.

When I hear -4 turn I think of something like a Vision. I take it that it's no where near that then?

Jesse B 707 said:
jubuttib said:
what'shisname said:
When I hear -4 turn I think of something like a Vision. I take it that it's no where near that then?
Kinda my point really. At lest the max weights are by no means -4. Not even close, I get more turn out of a champ Beast (new mold) and that's rated at -2. It's more stable than some of my -1 rated CDs.

Not that bothered though, I've got a great turning driver in my 156g P-PD. Funny how the 0 turn 4 fade disc is the better turner... =)

Frank Delicious said:
How does the S-TD compare to the QOLS?
aint ever thrown a Qols, but thinking back to how i remember a SOLS flying the TD is around the same stability(maybe a touch more),faster and glides a bit more

Jesse B 707 said:
Frank Delicious said:
How does the S-TD compare to the QOLS?
aint ever thrown a Qols, but thinking back to how i remember a SOLS flying the TD is around the same stability(maybe a touch more),faster and glides a bit more

sounds like a QOLS compared to a sols...(the glide and stability parts)

dgdave said:
Just got in a C TD and it flies like a speed 9/10 champ leopard. I like it

I'll be contracting an S-TD today...I'm itching to try it out!

Latest posts