• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I just tried my max weight S-TD today. It's by no means a turning driver. It holds anhyzers pretty well, but I can't really get it to turn enough to use it in the intended slot. I need to try a lighter one sometime. Too bad since it was supposed to replace my Sidewinders...

Though I did replace them with the 158 DGR P-PD I got.

jubuttib said:
I just tried my max weight S-TD today. It's by no means a turning driver. It holds anhyzers pretty well, but I can't really get it to turn enough to use it in the intended slot. I need to try a lighter one sometime. Too bad since it was supposed to replace my Sidewinders...

Did you deflash your S-TD? I'd get some tree hits on it to see if the mold has turning behavior that is perhaps simply being masked by the newness of the plastic. Otherwise, what's the point of the TD if DM already has CDs that are a little flippy and P-PDs that are a little flippy?

agreed with ds. im hoping it does fly sidewinder/rr-ish i tuned my s cd to fill that spot and it flies nice. so if the td doesnt work out. ill still ahve the cd.

discspeed said:
jubuttib said:

Did you deflash your S-TD? I'd get some tree hits on it to see if the mold has turning behavior that is perhaps simply being masked by the newness of the plastic. Otherwise, what's the point of the TD if DM already has CDs that are a little flippy and P-PDs that are a little flippy?
No, but it only has a very minuscule flashing anyway. Either that, or what I've been thinking of as a small bead is a really ef'd up flashing.

I'm saying that this is as stable as my CDs have been out of the box, with flashings and all. I need to bang it into a wall/tree a few times to see what happens, but it really doesn't exhibit any turning tendencies out of the box. I really love the plastic though, it feels like SG-Line MD1s, and the grip is very comfortable all-round, so I want to find good, flippy ones I can actually use. Perhaps I just got a freaky high PLH one, but this isn't anywhere near -4 turn.

in a shocking development the new domey run of DD's that have the PD top are actually super nice :!: :eek:

NoLifeLeft said:
Jesse B 707 said:
in a shocking development the new domey run of DD's that have the PD top are actually super nice :!: :eek:
Which plastic?
i got one P and one S, both with a healthy dome both 172, the S is kinda beefy out of the box but still nice and the P is f-ing awesome so far, flies alot like a faster P-PD at this point, looking forward to seeing how these season up :mrgreen:

Jesse B 707 said:

I liked the S-DD(first run) once it got broken in. it was a glide-less POS at first, but after some seasoning it started flying really nice. I have definitely been thinking about buying some new ones. unfortunately I lost it on a huge blind hyzer over a treetop. The DD was far superior to the TRex and Xcal for me, cant wait to get some more.

edit: Where did you buy yours Jesse?

zj1002 said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I liked the S-DD(first run) once it got broken in. it was a glide-less POS at first, but after some seasoning it started flying really nice. I have definitely been thinking about buying some new ones. unfortunately I lost it on a huge blind hyzer over a treetop. The DD was far superior to the TRex and Xcal for me, cant wait to get some more.

edit: Where did you buy yours Jesse?
at a local retailer, woulda never ordered em without seeing the new ones in person, hated the first run. Im sure DGV will have tons of the good ones (just specify in the comments)

The P-DD has always been a great disc for goodness sake! But if the newer S-DDs are also better then I might have to take a look at them.

Also what do you mean with "the new domey run with the PD top"? They've always had the same top.

jubuttib said:
The P-DD has always been a great disc for goodness sake! But if the newer S-DDs are also better then I might have to take a look at them.

Also what do you mean with "the new domey run with the PD top"? They've always had the same top.
have they? i always thought then first runs id seen had a blunter Teerex style top?? i could be fulla shit though, in any case mine have the same top as the PD/CD/etc

You must have seen first run CDs, they had the blunt nose, along with the proto PDs (Innova Christmas discs). I have a FR S-DD (P only came along with the Hysteria stamp) and have seen plenty of others, they're all definitely the same top as nowadays.

The only reason I don't really like the S-DD is the lack of glide. They're just all so darn flat. The FR S-DD are somewhat OK, but the Hysteria stamped one I have is much much MUCH flatter than a C-PD.

jubuttib said:
You must have seen first run CDs, they had the blunt nose, along with the proto PDs (Innova Christmas discs). I have a FR S-DD (P only came along with the Hysteria stamp) and have seen plenty of others, they're all definitely the same top as nowadays.

The only reason I don't really like the S-DD is the lack of glide. They're just all so darn flat. The FR S-DD are somewhat OK, but the Hysteria stamped one I have is much much MUCH flatter than a C-PD.
All the S line ones at the store had a nice uniform dome just like the P line :p

I asked Discmania some time ago if they could try to get the S-DD to mold up with more dome to make it usable. They said that unfortunately the S-plastic doesn't like to mold that way at all in the DD mold. Shows what they know!

So yeah, I must get one of these, I need to start asking around.

Got my TD's in today, clearly a RR wing on the obligatory Discmania top, i could see how that top could make it more stable than id want in this mold. Got 2 175s, 1 S and 1 C, probly go toss em tomorrow morning and see what they're all about

Jesse B 707 said:
Got my TD's in today, clearly a RR wing on the obligatory Discmania top, i could see how that top could make it more stable than id want in this mold.
Funny, since the top is known as the "Anhyzer". =)

But yeah, try them out and report back, I want to know if I have a freaky one.

I got a brand new P-CD (170) and P-PD(169) and the CD was more stable that I thought it was going to be. When new, I would compare the stability of both discs the same.

sunspot said:
I got a brand new P-CD (170) and P-PD(169) and the CD was more stable that I thought it was going to be. When new, I would compare the stability of both discs the same.

i got a p-pd 168 and p-cd 167 at the same time and I agree both seem to be the same stability, with a little fade from the pd where the cd is straight down the line.

neither are over stable but not under stable at all, straight.

i long to be throwing.

just got my tds in today. domey som bitches they are! i got 2 champs and 2 stars. the stars are domier than the champs. def has the rr bottom. i cant wait to try them out.the PLH on the champs is a littl lower than the stars surprisingly im hoping theyre longer than my seasoned s-cd. if not o well. i loved the rr to begin with :mrgreen:

IMG_4199.jpg

i love how everytime i ask for a specific color, sharon or mark always do their best to get what i want and always email me when they cant.