• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

So these are nice, but are like other discs already out. They are very comparable to 1st run bosses and nukes. The C is a lot like 1st run ESP nukes with a bit more speed and less glide. The P is a lot like the Z Nuke and 1st run boss with more glide. Its got some turn to it. I'd say -1.5-2. I like the C more right now. I got about 10 tosses with each.

Sounds promising. If they're good enough I'll switch, if only to put more money in Jussi's pocket.

What kind of P is it? Hard like DGR PDs or not so hard like regular production PDs? Looks like champystar to me but I've never fondled those because no disc of mine is made from that material. Unless one proto of Faldy was that material. If it was then it should be nice, hard, fairly grippy and durable plastic I presume.

Its a stiffer blend. Its also slightly are through, but that may just be the thin flight plate

The P's do go really far. I let some rec throw one forehand, and he broke 370' for the first time. I was getting them out past 400' pretty quickly.

The disc has a small, narrow area to grip though. I haven't throw a Boss or Katana in a while, but I'm not sure if I like that.

dgdave said:
The katana has the same shallow grip

Ah, ok. I've been throwing the original ESP Nukes, which are much deeper than these. I'll probably spend the next week or so messing around with them.

Also, the Yellow I got have some dome to them where the flat spot isn't. I'm happy with their shape.

Probably coming next year. He just said they're working on it, uncertain if they've even prototyped it yet.

What are the DD2's like?? I saw a bunch of X-Outs the other day and curious on what they're supposed to do.

booter said:
slightly more stable katana. It between a katana and boss

Sounds like the Hurricane. I dont have the arm speed to throw that disc, but I could crush a Pro Katana. The DD2 is in P-Line right??

keep in mind that info is whati gathered from others throwing them. I have yet to actually throw one. They're only available in p as far as production goes but they are available in champ for cfr rigt now for the asia open . Check discgolfvalues.com for both

Also available in Echo Star here in Finland. (and USA if you get the Presidents Cup disc from Hero)

The Ps are way more reliable than the Katana, while being much less demanding than the Boss. The C is only a tad more stable, overall very similar. The orange ES reminds me of the Destroyer (a stable Pro or a somewhat beat Champ), very straight with a nice fade at the end. The green ESs are (pretty) consistently flatter and more overstable than the orange ones.

Good disc, but if you don't have the arm for the Hurricane, I'd go for the Pro Destroyer. Definitely easier to push out there. The Pro Destroyer is actually usually longer for me too, but the difference isn't that great and Jussi Meresmaa gets more money if I buy Discmania. =)