• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I was just thinking.... If the PD is similar in flight shape to a Teebird, using the Anhyzer top and Firebird wing, then what would a disc be like that was made with the Anhyzer top and the Teebird wing? Might be a cool FD (Fairway Driver). What other wings would you all like to see Discmania pair up with the Anhyzer top? Wraith? Gazelle? Orc?

I've told Jussi every time I've seen him that they need to put the Anhyzer top on the TB-X wing. =)

I would also like to see Leopard wing (maybe modified a bit somehow), at least.

So, I've been liking my light blue S-CD and S-PD lately. Both fly pretty much like brand spanking new P-Line discs, but stay like that nicely. I then remembered that the light blue S-DDs I saw at the Discmania warehouse were all nice and domey with lower PLH than the others (other S-DDs I've had were glideless pieces of junk, mostly...), so very P-DD like. I checked Powergrip, and lo and behold, they had one max weight light blue S-DD left. Got it and I've tried it out on two rounds. This thing combines everything I liked about the P-DDs with a little more HSS (a bit more predictable) and better durability. It doesn't have the grip of the P, but I can get around that. I'm currently carrying it along with my ES-DD2. It's a lot easier to throw, no need to rip at my maximum. The P-DD2 is also easier to throw than the ES-DD2 and goes longer than the S-DD, but it needs more room, and the only two longer holes on our course punish shots that stray to the right.

So yeah, anyone else notice that the light blue S-Lines are bad ass?

sooo I have been talking to mark @ dgv about the pd2. Scheduled production release will be in january with the possibility to run some for the asia open fundraiser in 2-3 weeks. From his experiences,he said the protos were very overstable,more so than an xcal. He said the 1st production runs are more useful like a "good" xcal now. He has also confirmed that the pd2 = anhyzer top + xcal bottom. So he said it'd definitely a speed 12 .

just relaying info to those of you waiting on it :)...like myself

Ah, so it isn't a speed 13. Well, you cant' get everything.

I wish I could manage to get someone to go to Discmania's new store (Zone, which also will make clothing and customized discs. Guess they're trying to be the Huk Lab of Finland) when it opens this Thursday. There will be 3 C-PD2s with the Zone stamp for sale, only 20 euros a pop. I'm broke as hell but I would buy one if I got the chance.

EDIT: I also have my eyes on a test run C-DD with the First Run S-Line stamp from 2008. There are two for sale, and I'm really tempted. Not that I'd throw, but I want it anyway. =)

booter said:
sooo I have been talking to mark @ dgv about the pd2. Scheduled production release will be in january with the possibility to run some for the asia open fundraiser in 2-3 weeks. From his experiences,he said the protos were very overstable,more so than an xcal. He said the 1st production runs are more useful like a "good" xcal now. He has also confirmed that the pd2 = anhyzer top + xcal bottom. So he said it'd definitely a speed 12 .

just relaying info to those of you waiting on it :)...like myself

This does not excite me and I've been anxiously waiting to hear more about the PD2. I've never found the XCal to be trusted in a headwind, just isn't a true high speed stable disc so I don't see how the Anhyzer Top + XCal bottom improves on this :(
Sounds like I will be sticking with my Forces, but I'll have to try one or two either way.

jubuttib said:
EDIT: I also have my eyes on a test run C-DD with the First Run S-Line stamp from 2008. There are two for sale, and I'm really tempted. Not that I'd throw, but I want it anyway. =)
I have one of them... Nice disc, pretty wraithish

jnecessary said:
This does not excite me and I've been anxiously waiting to hear more about the PD2. I've never found the XCal to be trusted in a headwind, just isn't a true high speed stable disc so I don't see how the Anhyzer Top + XCal bottom improves on this :(
Sounds like I will be sticking with my Forces, but I'll have to try one or two either way.
Well the DD2 certainly improved upon the Katana in reliability, and it's an anhyzer top with the katana wing. According to Jussi Meresmaa they don't "just" pick two mold pieces and go with them, they do a lot of fine tuning to get them right (he said that the only disc that came out like he wanted on the first try was the TD).
bullet said:
I have one of them... Nice disc, pretty wraithish
Of course it is, all DDs are. But like I said, I'm not interested in how it flies. =)

Got mi some C-line PD2. Too bad it's milky clear so I couldn't throw it.

BUT just by feeling it and looking at it, I'd say it's a Destroyer. It's almost identical with D.
It has a nice dome.

EWWWWWW. Did they really have to name the P2 "Psycho"?
EDIT: Also, 4/5/0/2 for the MD2? Ratings identical to the MD1, except glide is a bit better? Maybe in C...

jubuttib said:
EWWWWWW. Did they really have to name the P2 "Psycho"?
EDIT: Also, 4/5/0/2 for the MD2? Ratings identical to the MD1, except glide is a bit better? Maybe in C...

Agree, the rating on the midrange discs must be wrong,.. GM, MD1 and MD2 have almost the same ratings...., GM is really understable...,

Everybody's throwing PDs and DD2s. Am I the only one who likes CDs? Especially the first run is a nice multipurpose driver. Only have a couple of them. Sadly, they're all D-line. I wish I had one in S-plastics.

I only had one toss with my CD while I had and I really liked it. I should probably try them out again but I ended up trading it off as I was happy with that slot in my bag.

I was using a beat cd as my turnover driver before the td came out. It was nice and would hold an anny to the ground,which I loved. The td took that spot though. Still a good driver none of the less