• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I got a couple of md2 in C line. They started out with quite a lot of flash on the bottom of the rim, and were actually more stable than even the most stable Buzzzes I've thrown. After using them a little more, and deflashing, they are getting more straight and workable. They still have a very strong fade though. I'm actually thinking of bagging these and maybe getting a fast mid, like squalls, to get out there a little farther. For me, the md2's are just a bit shorter than a buzzz. Maybe 10 or 15 feet.

zj said it best the other day. It's like a shitty valk. To me they were shorter than my td and pd but I havnt thrown one since the beginning of the yr.

I just want a slower fairway by discmania. I goal a bag full of discmania drivers besides an ascent and an eagle.

I agree,zj and I were discussing this. A slow fairway would be tits. I heard about a cd2 coming out eventually,im hoping it's gonna be a slow fairway driver

that could be money, like a slower pd. Or a teebird speed teebird.

I've been pestering them about doing speed 7 stuff for ages now... Hopefully they'll get around to it.

The Craze... It's just as fast as the PD, but from what I've seen it's pretty damn inconsistent (my experience is mostly with S-Line). I hand picked my favorite one (high PLH) out of a big stack, and it's a close approximation of a champystar PD. On the other hand I've thrown some that were definitely flippy, I could've replaced my Sidewinders with them at that point. All the CDs I've tried can be sneaky long though. When you hit them right they just go and go and go.

The FR S-CDs are another story. They're noticeably slower and feel like more of a control driver, more reliable in the wind. I love those.

jubuttib said:
I've only tried one, but it's kinda in-between the two, leaning more on the P side. Just a tad more stable than my P-Lines.

My c-lines have noticeably higher PLH than my orange echo stars. Actually, my beat echo star dd2 is practically a katana at this point.

Trey133 said:
Does the S-TD turn more than a brand new heavyweight star leopard right outta the box?
Depends on the TD. The gummy ones do turn outta the box, but the stiffer ones have very little turn and fade. Those are awesome for super straight shots. Disclaimer: This is based on my experiences, seeing Dave Feldberg throw these around and Jussi Meresmaa's words, YMMV.

jubuttib said:
Trey133 said:
Does the S-TD turn more than a brand new heavyweight star leopard right outta the box?
Depends on the TD. The gummy ones do turn outta the box, but the stiffer ones have very little turn and fade. Those are awesome for super straight shots. Disclaimer: This is based on my experiences, seeing Dave Feldberg throw these around and Jussi Meresmaa's words, YMMV.

I've noticed the exact same thing, but funnny enought the opposite

i.e. Gummy Domey - little turn and little fade
hard flat - turns like a RoadRunner :D

Love my domey gummy one!

latitude said:
jubuttib said:
Trey133 said:

I've noticed the exact same thing, but funnny enought the opposite

i.e. Gummy Domey - little turn and little fade
hard flat - turns like a RoadRunner :D

Love my domey gummy one!
Dunno about the flat thing, all the TDs I've seen have been equally domey. =)

Sorry for being newb but I am very curious about Discmania's mids. I'm wondering specifically about 1&2. Chart wise the MD1 seems about the same as a Roc but I know that charts are very misleading. So is a S MD1 like a Star Roc? But then the MD2 is almost rated like a comet but I'm wondering what the wing is like, how it compares in diameter, dome, and glide or if it is as straight a disc as the comet is. Also, would the MD2 be good for diagnostics like an X Comet? How does an S MD2 stack up to an LE ESP Comet?

The MD2 is almost exactly a Mako, with a micro bead. Its only a tad more stable IMO, ive only thrown a beat S-MD2 and a Z comet. To me they could fill similar rolls but they dont fly the same at all.

Did I post my round up of all the Discmania discs in this thread? I need to find it, it could be handy at times...

Aaaanyway, the MD2 flies pretty differently according to the plastic. The C and some S-Lines are pretty much a Mako-shaped, speed and glide Buzzz, the S-Lines vary a bit though. The P-MD2 is for me the straightest disc I've ever thrown, doesn't turn on a full rip and only fades a couple of feet, unless I give it nose up. Fast, glidey, reliable, will work any line I want them to. The ION is my bread, the P-MD2 is my butter. They're forgiving to form issues (unlike a Comet for example), but they're not terrific in the wind. Also, everyone else will disagree with me on this.

The SG-MD1 is my wind beater. I can rip it into any wind and trust it to fly straight. In calmer conditions it fades reliably. The S-MD1s are just as stable/overstable, the Ds often start out more stable (but then again sometimes not), but they're the most OAT unfriendly disc I've ever seen. Even though they can take heavy headwinds easily, you just have to give them a tiny bit of OAT and they'll flip out completely. They feel weird in my hands, and that leads to bad releases. The SG-MD1s on the other hand can handle much more OAT, and feel better in my hand due to the gummyness.

IMHO Discmania flight ratings should be ignored. If you just go by them every mid they produce should fly the same...

It's understandable that they haven't run tweaked versions of Innova's most popular molds, but it's unfortunate...

A tweaked Teebird, Eagle or Roc would be damn sexy.

Latest posts