• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

well a tweaked teebird is more or less the pd. I'm hoping they come out with smething slow in the fairway department like the eagle or the whippet bottom n pd top. Tasty!

A new P-PD might fly a bit like a worn DX Teebird. But I wouldn't say the PD is "tweaked teebird" at all. Hold the two next to one another. There's no similarity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PD a Firebird wing?

But yeah, bring in the speed 6-8 stuff.

I really like the P2 for driving. Nice and deep for a great grip. The s-line I got should remain stable for a while.

Yes, PD has a firebird wing. So, it's bottom mold has "bird" in the name. Still, except for a lttle wing concavity (which basically all stable drivers have) I don't think it has much in common with the teebird shape-wise.

Fizzy said:
Yes, PD has a firebird wing. So, it's bottom mold has "bird" in the name. Still, except for a lttle wing concavity (which basically all stable drivers have) I don't think it has much in common with the teebird shape-wise.

Please nobody start to call it the P chicken :-D

In regards to the mids they have, I messed with a 170(?)g pmd2 some alongside my cfr mako. They are essentially the same disc, but the mako is smooth around the lower edge of the rim. Despite the shape difference of the two, the flights are nearly identical. From what I remember of my star mako it had less fade than both of these, very slightly more neutral. The pmd2 doesn't handle crosswinds well but in calm conditions it is pretty neutral. I have thrown an md1 too but it was a first run sg and it was like a shark. Very reminicent of a broken in dx or kc roc. I didn't use it much though I hated the feel. I would take the star shark or any roc over it. I am very interested lately in the gm. I use a panther for long turnovers and I can throw it better and longer than a leopard(used to swear by the dx but my new champ is more stable and slips out of my grip) so maybe I could fling a gm more reliably grip wise than my tb or eagle. I want to try a pd after reading this, it sounds like a really light 11x teebird I have and love.

Oh yeah I almost forgot...the first DM disc I bought was a p1 in the r pro type rubbery plastic. It was the same disc as an r pro aviar beadless putter but it looks cooler with the maniac stamp. I threw it in the wife's bag as I went from a dx aviar/dart combo to using the p1 to now using makos and kc aviars for my putt and approach. The p1 is a great flippy driver for me though, I can snap the r pro plastic like a meast with that rim height. Farther than anything but my 9+ speed drivers but a little too glidey to be reliable coming in for me.

jaydub803"It was the same disc as an r pro aviar beadless putter but it looks cooler with the maniac stamp.[/quote said:
This is all a matter of opinion. You have yours, I have mine, above is yours and this is mine. I despise Discmania's stamps. They a messy attempt at grunge smash design that gets caught up in using Photoshop filters. As a designer most companies stamps are weak to me and for the most part unimpressive. Its kinda like the Douche-y Affliction and TapOut clothing, its not very cool but it makes a very loud and clear statement "I'm a douche and I want everyone to know that I have yet to mature from the anger and angst I felt while listening to Limp Bizkit and Korn in high school."

I dig discmania's discs but I'll be removing all their "Hey look I did a photoshop tutorial" - designs.

cfair said:
They a messy attempt at grunge smash design that gets caught up in using Photoshop filters. As a designer most companies stamps are weak to me and for the most part unimpressive. Its kinda like the Douche-y Affliction and TapOut clothing, its not very cool but it makes a very loud and clear statement "I'm a douche and I want everyone to know that I have yet to mature from the anger and angst I felt while listening to Limp Bizkit and Korn in high school."

I dig discmania's discs but I'll be removing all their "Hey look I did a photoshop tutorial" - designs.

I think you're taking it a little too seriously. I DO see what your'e saying, but somehow I never really interpreted the Discmania stamps that way. Instead of douchey TapOut clothing I saw the stamps more as a sort of silly retro horror theme or kind of like comic book horror or something. I didn't think the names were taking themselves very seriously and I didn't feel that they were pushing a macho image (which is the impression I get when you talk about anger, Limp Bizkit, Korn, TapOut etc.) Anyway, just my impression. But, like I said, I could imagine interpreting the stamps your way, and it would kind of piss me off too if that was what they were shooting for.

dgdave said:
I did for a bit. Pretty much just an r pro Aviar.
Only the P-P1 (Maniac) is R-Pro...

But yeah, the P1 is the same disc as the beadless Aviar. D-P1 = DX Aviar P&A, P-P1 = R-Pro Aviar P&A. I'd also like to note that while I have switched to IONs and JOKERis, I do like the Maniac a lot (except for push putting). Threw it for most of last year, until I got into more stiff plastic.

Yeah, I was all about my maniac as stated until I realized the wonder of the kc pro aviar(stable putter=better make ratio for me). I used to use a dart for putting too. My maniac would stay in the bag today, but now I tend to use a mako or a cobra for all the shots I once pulled out my dart or aviar for. And then the kc pro av for putts.

Anyone hear about the PL? It's supposed to be the anhyzer top on a tweaked Polecat bottom. Speed 10.

PL stand for Power Lid.

So according to a little bird I talked to said there are somewhere around 2000 Champion PDs currently sitting at Innova's warehouse and all they are waiting for is Jussi's say so to release them. Unfortunately, jussi meresma has the say so over when they are released and he wants to wait until MARCH!?*& So, if anyone knows Jussi personally and wants to try to encourage him a little bit to release these earlier they are all stamped and ready to go!

Whiz said:
So according to a little bird I talked to said there are somewhere around 2000 Champion PDs currently sitting at Innova's warehouse and all they are waiting for is Jussi's say so to release them. Unfortunately, jussi meresma has the say so over when they are released and he wants to wait until MARCH!?*& So, if anyone knows Jussi personally and wants to try to encourage him a little bit to release these earlier they are all stamped and ready to go!

I'm guessing he just wants to wait for the season start, which is rational.

.000000000000(

that's Discmania running circles around Millennium a dozen times and then holding the C-PD back out of courtesy

but then running another dozen circles for lulz

booter said:
you get a c- for lack of troll effort

Piranha looks like a small diameter lid and is a staple in the bag of the huge armed Markus Källström. So truth is more weird than a troll once more.

Latest posts