• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

mf100forever said:
Agree, the rating on the midrange discs must be wrong,.. GM, MD1 and MD2 have almost the same ratings...., GM is really understable...,
You got some weird GMs there boyo. I've beat my D-GM in two years to where I'd call it really understable, but two of of my S-GMs are dead nuts straight, hold any angle discs (though they don't glide as nicely as the MD2, which is why they don't see as much action), and another is more of a overstable dump shot disc (doesn't like to stay in the air at all).
slowarm said:
Everybody's throwing PDs and DD2s. Am I the only one who likes CDs? Especially the first run is a nice multipurpose driver. Only have a couple of them. Sadly, they're all D-line. I wish I had one in S-plastics.
Oh, definitely. The CD just has a problem, called PD, which is in the same speed category and if you're into using different plastics and degrees of wear, you can cover all the same slots with them. The First Runs are lovely, and deserved to be re-released as another disc (CD2 for example), they're that different from your typical Craze. If you like them, try to catch all that you can now, because they're OOP forever. Jussi said that the mold used to make it doesn't even exist anymore.

So the newer drivers use the anhyzer top and then a bottom from an existing innova product. Is that true of the MD2 does it have a special top or bottom or is it just combo of existing innova molds. I am trying out new mids and the MD2 is very appealing. For those who toss the MD2 how does it handle in a moderate and heavy headwind.

The MD2 wing seems to be a Coyote wing with a minibead. It isn't really a headwind disc (though the more stable C and S-Lines do quite alright), it's a very neutral point to point type of disc that holds any line without being as vulnerable to OAT as many other discs that do the same lines. To me the P-Lines (best of the bunch) fly like the Mako's figures would lead you to believe. Zero turn, zero fade.

All of this is just my experiences with it and everyone else will disagree with me. =P

I checked a few different sites and none in the US have the MD2 in P they only have S. Discgolfvalues still has a couple in C but I no longer see the listing for P-line. So I think I will start with the S and go from thier. Thank you for the response. I am trying out a few different discs like Rocs Buzzzes Warriors and Elements I will pick up and MD2 and see who wins out. My main thing is that I want a versatile mold. I carry a small bag so the discs I carry need to hit multiple lines. The MD2 sounds like a disc that fits the bill.

I'm excited for the PD2...I can almost guarantee it will be going in the bag as a perfect compliment to my Flows. I'm currently throwing a newer production Champ Xcal and it's a decent disc. It is more HSS and less LSS than the CFR Champ Xcals that I used to throw and has been perfect in situations where I didn't trust my Flow to stay hyzer. I'm sure the PD2 will be similar but a little faster (PD is much faster than the FB, and the Xcal top is similarly blunt) than the Xcal. Unfortunately I'm not interested in a PPD2...Although I may still have to throw one.

I turn every other straight midrange because i probably like to throw them too hard (max power in some cases recuperation and strength gaining exercise) and wouldn't want to back down on speed a lot unless i have to and the discs that need powering down won't take changing winds which is a must here. So no Comets usually on the courses here i make do with putters for straight shots. I do turn my S-GM but it will fight back reliably and fade hard and skip FB like. My only skip ace came with S-GM. P MD2 turns more on me than i like and my Rocs turn too unless i throw high with a Climo grip. Those changes to flight lines would probably make many other mids including the P MD2 fly flat released flat but i really dislike throwing straight discs that high when they have so much potential to fade or turn a million miles away with a single degree of hyzer/anhyzer angle error. Not to mention wind gusts and swirls. Bad idea in tunnels and tighter fairways. So YMMV according to how low you need and prefer to throw and the conditions you play in. My preference for apexes below about 17' and often 13' dictate Buzzz for me especially with the seaside winds. Although i plan on getting a Wasp to test it.

How high do you guys jubuttib and mf100forever prefer to throw mids on long lines? That may explain why my and jubuttib's experiences differ with the P MD2. And me vs most? Roc throwers. I lack the snap of Markus Källström who threw a Roc in stiff left front headwind 140 m with about 2 meter downhill. I may very well have clean release issues even with a Climo grip. I haven't yet retried Rocs with two finger grip with the bead on the index and middle finger outer joints. That may change things dramatically possibly even putting Rocs back to the bag. Maybe i'll hold off ordering back up Glo Z Buzzzes after that test :) Gots me a pile of different types and plastics Rocs :)

Does anybody know what the rim thickness for the PD2 is? In the picture I saw it looked smaller than the DD2 (2.5cm)...I'm hoping for 2.2cm or smaller

EDIT: just saw it was an XCal wing...2.3cm...I suppose I can deal with the extra 1mm.

I picked up an S MD2 to try out. Fairly neutral flight with a hint of fade on a flat throw. Pretty easy to work for hyzers and anhyzers. The one thing I realy liked about hitting those lines was that it takes a little less power to achieve with the MD2 than the Buzzz which I am currently using. Overall a realy nice disc with a little more time and practice it has a good shot of making the bag. Thank you jubuttib for the information its realy a nice disc that is worh trying out.

I'm dying to get some orange (just a preference) 176-180 P-Line MD2s at the moment. Lost my last one when I was goofing around with my forehand. Wouldn't have happened normally, but there happened to be a thin layer of ice on the pond. And while I was getting my fishing pole to drag it back some kids apparently showed up, threw rocks at it, and now it's gathering pond scum...

My mid game is totally messed up. I simply can't replace the magic that is the P-MD2 with anything else, and every store that has any left either has no high weights or they're totally the wrong color... Damn you Discmania, make a new run already!

Have you thrown a GL Fuse jubuttib? For me they were about equally far and straight thrown side by side. As you know i flip a P MD2 and that is also the case for the Fuse. I need to power down both and still use hyzer to flip to flat. So they are similar to me. For me my P MD2 is only a little more HSS. YMMV.

JR said:
Have you thrown a GL Fuse jubuttib? For me they were about equally far and straight thrown side by side. As you know i flip a P MD2 and that is also the case for the Fuse. I need to power down both and still use hyzer to flip to flat. So they are similar to me. For me my P MD2 is only a little more HSS. YMMV.

The problem there would probably be that Fuse isn't made by Discmania. Jussi supports Jussi :)

Same goes for me to tho. Need to somehow replace my lost MD2 at some point. Should get a C-MD2 today to fill a slot for a bit more overstable mid.

I have thrown Tursos GL and Opto Fuses enough that I can make my mind up about them. A very very nice disc, but for me they don't fill the same slot. The Fuse turns more for me when ripped, and I might be imagining things, but it also felt like it actually faded more than my favorite P-MD2s... The Fuse is probably longer also, owning to the mad, mad glide. If I were to replace any disc in my bag with the Fuse it'd probably be the Meteor. Opto/GL vs. P-Line is also a deal breaker in this case. The grip of the R-Pro used in the MD2 is one of the main things I love about it.

I still want to build an all Latitude bag though, they make damn good discs. Jussi just keeps coming up with too many discs I like. I also ordered a JOKERi, hopefully Prodiscus also gets a decent line going.

All right i think i need to be your overt santa this year then. I don't have a use for my red P MD2 heavy new and pink 175 original mold S-Line CD. So PM me your address jubuttib. Sorry i have just the one so you guys need to decide how you divide them. Please don't apply scissors to the discs. :)

I didn't know that the P-Line MD2s are R-Pro i would've thought them to be just tackier and softer than driver pro. Kudos to Innova about the nice R-Pro plastic. Now we've seen almost everything!

My GL Fuse does fade about the same on higher lines compared to my P MD2 and a little more on low lines. The difference is small.

Mafa put a dent in my Jokeri by putting hard like he always does and i think packing a lot of discs for a shoot out caused my Jokeri to have some clovering on the flight plate. When i get the chance i think i will try out the hot water fix. I hadn't thrown drives with it because of the soft plastic before the clovering so i can't tell if it changed. In putting there was no problem and detectable change. I threw drives after clovering and that dent and there are more HSS thus dependable driving putters out there. This means that Joekri is an easier to grip less durable and very similarly flying disc to a Discmania P2 (to keep this somewhat informative and on topic). I haven't done a shoot out so i can't comment on D.

jubuttib said:
If I were to replace any disc in my bag with the Fuse it'd probably be the Meteor.

I made that switch and am very happy. It's a pretty seamless transition.

josser said:
jubuttib said:
If I were to replace any disc in my bag with the Fuse it'd probably be the Meteor.

I made that switch and am very happy. It's a pretty seamless transition.
To be honest, I'm just waiting until I lose my Meteor, then I'll just switch to anhyzering the MD2 all the time, instead of some of the time. =)

well i have a few questions for those in the know !!!

Im looking to break into Disc mania and the only way i can do that is give the experts on this forum the info on what i currently throw.

Reason im looking to get into disc mania is Avery Jenkins sent me a few discs signed for a tourny and they feel damn comfy in my hand.

ok onto what i throw
I max out around 370 back hand and 420 forhand.

eagles 11x x and l molds (my main driver used for most drives up to 320.)
Star xcals (used for max d forehands )
Nukes (used for max d backhand drives.)
Leopards (beat and perfect hyzer flips for me or rollers )
11x firebirds (used on shot forehands or thumbers)
buzzz ( used alot not looking to replace these as i have worked alot on my mid game and feel more comfy throwing them then any driver in my bag)
Drone (when i need a fade at the end that the buzzz cant do )
wizard/vp (when i need a hyzer under 225)
Magics (main putter and also throw off the tee ass much as possible for hyzer flips)

So fill me in folks let me know what i should be throwing or what i should try, I dont have much snap but over the last year i have worked alot on pull line and technique and it has come along nicely so much that i am getting alot of comments from the top pro's here in maine . Things are coming along nicely but i need something to be stable enough that i wont turn over when thrown hard so something more stable then the 11x eagles.

PD (in different plastics and levels of wear will take care of anything from moderate meat hookiness to understable stuff)
PD2 (when it comes out, replace the XCals)
S-Line DD2 (if you want to get rid of the Nuke), P-DD2s are nice too, but I think for your arm the S would be better.
MD2 (been described as Buzzz-like in C, partly in S too. The P is my favorite though, sooo straight, sooo workable), perhaps MD1, Jussi Meresmaa seems to throw the GM much more than I'd have guessed. My beat in D-GM was useful for shorter range understable stuff, what I'd used a Leopard for if I threw Innova. I currently have two S-GMs in the bag, other beat to straight/slightly understable and the other one is a freaky meat hook. Truth be told I don't throw them that much because I'm so in love with the P-MD2.
P2 is somewhat similar to the Wizard/BB Aviar, P1 is a beadless Aviar P&A. I don't really use their putters for two reasons: 1. the plastics don't cater to my needs. They should have stiffer non-premium alternatives. 2. The ION is so damn good.
And the gummier TDs are really nice for understable drives, while the stiffer TDs are more stable and can be thrown really, really straight for quite long distances (Dave Feldberg likes those and said it's one of the straightest drivers he knows. 400-500 feet straight drives with a small hyzerflip).

So basically all of their discs are good. The only reason I'm not suggesting the CD is that the First Run ones are the best ones, and there will never be any more run with the old top, and the newer top ones can be replaced with P-PDs. I do have a S-CD with the newer top in my bag because I can't afford to buy P-PDs at a rate I'd like, and the CD fits right where I want it to.

I've only tried one, but it's kinda in-between the two, leaning more on the P side. Just a tad more stable than my P-Lines.