• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

And people complain about quality control...

Speaking of good D P2's, has anyone else noticed recent runs are either a nice firm, velvety plastic or a soft, gummy plastic? I haven't felt any new ones that were waxy. If I wasn't putting with velvety 12x KC's I'd be stocking up right now.

Booter said:
sooo a buddy of mine that was at the memorial said he got a couple dp2's from jussi at the fly mart or something and those damn p2's were ran in kcpro plastic! he said it was a mistake according to jussi. i will be trying to get these off him...believe that.

Amazing how all this stuff just slips by at the Innova factory. First the +molds, now the wrong plastic. Do they have apes running the molding machines?

Booter said:
sooo a buddy of mine that was at the memorial said he got a couple dp2's from jussi at the fly mart or something and those damn p2's were ran in kcpro plastic! he said it was a mistake according to jussi. i will be trying to get these off him...believe that.

SHHHIIIIT!!!! Me wanna! BAAAD!

Booter said:

I managed to secure several myself! Can't wait to get them.

Finally got my hands on these kc pro material P2s. My 3 are pretty damn stiff. Won't get a chance to toss them until Friday.

kcproP2.jpg

I haven't been keeping up as much as I should but are there any current production run C-PDs that are the flat non-plus mold overstable ones? I would like to try to replace some of my current CFR ones.

Whiz said:
I haven't been keeping up as much as I should but are there any current production run C-PDs that are the flat non-plus mold overstable ones? I would like to try to replace some of my current CFR ones.

I have a couple F2 c-pds that dont have the + rim. Theyre pretty flat but not as flat as my Big D CFR. I traded for them, but Im pretty sure they are the ones from the factory store.

Whiz said:
I've also got a non-plus F2 C-PD that came from the Factory Store. Definitely flatter than the +mold, but not as flat as some of the CFRs. Mine's got the stability and glide of an S-PD and it would be a stretch to call it anything more than stable. Might be a factor of weight, though, since it's a 160.

Fightingthetide said:
And people complain about quality control...

Speaking of good D P2's, has anyone else noticed recent runs are either a nice firm, velvety plastic or a soft, gummy plastic? I haven't felt any new ones that were waxy. If I wasn't putting with velvety 12x KC's I'd be stocking up right now.

Couple things

First, want KC PRO P2s! Did anyone ask Jussi if those might become at least CFR?

@Fightingthetide: I definitely notice some differences in D P2s. I just bough 3 red 175g that were in a totally different kind of "D-Line" and molded up differently. These might be the velvety ones you are talking about. I had yet to see these type come through Disc Nation. The plastic is almost like a blend of D and Yeti Pro. The grip is the best I have felt for a P2. The plastic dings like a yeti and doesn't seem to lose any chunks, just discolorations. The disc came out slightly concave and flat. The wing is concave, rather than flat/convex like you find in the older runs. They also have the retooled double ring bottom(www & no patent #). Definitely the most stable P2 I have ever used, more so than the S-Line.

Also the DGR run seemed to be different as well. They were concave but slicker than these new stock stamps I bought. So far I have seen 3-4 different runs of plastic. I am curious to see if more of these red ones I bought come out. They are sweet throwers, but definitely more stable than I want for putting.

Way behind the times, but just threw a MD2 Fiend in P plastic. Wow, I love that disc!

Not sure if I would like the S material as it is not as grippy.

Joz said:
Finally got my hands on these kc pro material P2s. My 3 are pretty damn stiff. Won't get a chance to toss them until Friday.

kcproP2.jpg

did you ever get out and throw/putt with these?

how was the grip besides stiff? concave/flat/domey top? does it have the two-circle tooling or just one?

zj1002 said:
Joz said:

kcproP2.jpg

did you ever get out and throw/putt with these?

how was the grip besides stiff? concave/flat/domey top? does it have the two-circle tooling or just one?

First off, I can't lie and say I have a lot of experience with KC pro discs. Aside from my buddies tossing them or fondling them in the store, I can't say that I have had much more experience with KC Aviars. I can say this: compared to the KC feel and current D-P2s, they are the real deal. They are just as flat as the D-lines; no dome like some of the S-lines.

Now I have quite a few stacks of P2s, so I'll also say this: the two that I tossed around are certainly more stable than the d-lines but not as much as my first run s-lines. They are not slick, and have that chalkier/grippier feel that you get with the KC aviar. Honestly, it doesn't feel any different from any KC that I would pick up in a store.

Oh, and the tooling is just the one circle. Cool discs though, because they definitely say D-Line, but they are indeed NOT.

cool that is exactly what I was hoping for. that is the mold I like for putting. I got a "handful" coming my way. excited to say the least. I'll probably rock 1 of these and 1 DGR p2

zj1002 said:
cool that is exactly what I was hoping for. that is the mold I like for putting. I got a "handful" coming my way. excited to say the least. I'll probably rock 1 of these and 1 DGR p2

ZJ - Is that your mainstay now for putters? For now I have a KCp2, ce omega, and insanely-beat-to-hell D-P2 in the bag. I think they all compliment each other quite nicely. Oh, I occasionally use champ rhynos too, depending on the course/weather.

Latest posts