• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Has anyone seen any lighter weight C-DD2's out there? I keep finding them in max or near max weight. I would love to move off of the P-DD2's and get a little more stability and wear out of the mold. I have thrown a few at 175g's and it's just more than my arm is gonna want to go for all day long.

I have a blue C-DD2 at 172. It's like a totally different disc than my P-DD2s which I can hyzer flip forehand up to 400+. My C-DD2 seems more stable than even my starlite Bosses. I am eagerly waiting for Discmania to release both the DD2 and PD2 in S-line because I know I can beat some stability out of them, but not have to replace them every 3 months like my P-lines. Anyone have any insite as to when Jussi will produce them, if ever?

the dd2 can be bought in s line already.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=s+line+dd2
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=561&PPQT1=325

Yes it can. Funny I just went to DGC and already had one in my cart. Anyone thrown both the P and S line DD2 and have any idea how they compare glide and stability wise? Also, what about the PD2 being released in S line in the future?

I have six P-DD2's (plus one proto), six ES-DD2's (3 green flats with high PLH, 3 orange domeys with lower PLH) and two production S-DD2's (one red, one yellow). Compared to the P-DD2's my orange ES-DD2's fly a tad less glidey, but noticeably more HSS and somewhat more LSS. They turn a bit on a 400' rip (BH), but not a lot, about as much or a bit less than the dyed Champ Bosses I've thrown. Decent in a headwind if you put some more hyzer on them. The higher PLH flat greens fly a tick more HSS and LSS still, not really turning without wind for me and they're my headwind max D disc currently (possibly going to replace them with Quasars as I beat them in too much/lose them).

The production S-Lines seem to be just about identical in flight to the domey orange ES-DD2's, if a bit slicker and stiffer in feel.

And FWIW, the only C-DD2 I've thrown is my Asia Open CFR one, and it flies pretty much like the orange ES-DD2's, maybe a tad less HSS and LSS.

My orange ES DD2 is kerrrraaaaazyyyy LSS to the point of being even shorter and more piggish than my hog stable Quasar. My P DD2 is fine though.

JR said:
My orange ES DD2 is kerrrraaaaazyyyy LSS to the point of being even shorter and more piggish than my hog stable Quasar. My P DD2 is fine though.
I'll take it off your hands if you don't like it. =)

jubuttib said:
JR said:

Indeed. Those are the good ones. Good thing I have 2 left.

Booter said:
the dd2 can be bought in s line already.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=s+line+dd2
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=561&PPQT1=325

Yeah, I didn't think this was news...

nottryingtosoundlikeadick.jpg

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-20324/S-Line-DD2-Frenzy/

got one left in tie-dye too.

I keep buying these things but always manage to lose them before I either get to know them real well, or they beat in to total winners. I think some molds just aren't meant to be for some people.

jubuttib said:
JR said:

I have one that is broken in to longer and one with only a few tosses under the belt and a trade and a sale are possible. Are there other discs you're interested in? PM me.

171 SDD gave me some sick drives today. Used it on Hole 3, went straight out the tunnel, pushed forward out to the left side of the fairway, then faded in nicely setting me up for a drop in 3. Used it on Hole 13 where I threw it about 1' over the hill through the gap to the left of the tree in the middle. the new pin position has the basket behind that bush deep on the right, and I had a 45' birdie putt at it. Just went low, dead straight, then faded hard. Used it on 24 with a mild headwind...threw it low and hard and it went dead straight across the stream and faded a few feet over to the right as it hit 30' shy of the pin, giving me one final birdie for the round. It was only 2' or so above the ground the whole way, it was sexy. Basket is behind the first tree in front of the teepad, stream running across the hole just before the slight uphill pin placement.

I have had a P-DD2 in my bag for about 6 months now and I'm really getting some great use out of it. It is dead nuts stable out to 400' with a nice fade to finish. It doesn't fight the wind at all, but on down wind or calm day shots it is money. It is a little more stable on colder days than warmer, but this only effects me pulling it or not on a shot just slightly. I am surprised that it hasn't beat into something else with all the use that it has gotten, great mold in this plastic.

So I was thinking about discs I'd like to see in 2012, and I got to thinking about an s-line PD2. The PD2 is a good disc, but I think it could have the chance of staying in my bag if it was sold in s-line. I've been throwing the Quasar a lot more lately and if I need an insanely overstable shot, I've gone back to throwing my sds Destroyers. Anywho, does anyone think we'll see a S-PD2 this year?

Have you tried the P-PD2 out? I've only had one, but the plastic on it was actually pretty durable for me, granted with a disc like a PD2, I only used it for wide open shots. If I were to put the PD2 back in the bag, I wouldn't consider an s line. It would be a C and a P.

Latest posts