• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

zj1002 said:
Its probably in the leopard/stalker range just from this view of the rim width. Sucks they won't give us a profile shot. I bet it is just a bit less stable than a leopard

It looks like a faster Leopard...Does it have the PD top?

If you look closely you can see that little bump on the bottom that looks just like the leopards bump. I think. Unless I am imagining things

EDIT: just saw that it is 1.8cm...

PS I just settled on eagles and I really want to buy this...

Most of you know this by now, but the 1.8 cm wing could still be the Leopard wing. The Leopard's numbers are from a disc made from amazing shrinking DX plastic; the FD likely was run in Star, which does not shrink nearly as much. The difference in the plastic could account for the .2 cm difference in the measurement.

Or I could be talking out my ass because I really don't know.

Working Stiff said:
Most of you know this by now, but the 1.8 cm wing could still be the Leopard wing. The Leopard's numbers are from a disc made from amazing shrinking DX plastic; the FD likely was run in Star, which does not shrink nearly as much. The difference in the plastic could account for the .2 cm difference in the measurement.

Hasn't Discmania has also tweaked rim widths before? I was under the impression the TD was based on a RR wing but still had a wider rim.

MDP said:
Working Stiff said:

Hasn't Discmania has also tweaked rim widths before? I was under the impression the TD was based on a RR wing but still had a wider rim.
That and the PD2 at least. Two millimeters would be pretty darn noticeable though.

And I'm not buying that a premium Leopard would be that wide. I compared my DX, Champ, Star and Echo Star TeeBirds and the difference was about 0.3 mm.

not that it was a major prediction, but i did predict the FD would be the next release by Discmania.

new prediction: the FD will be the PD of 2012 here on DGR.

so i was bugging Discmania about glo discs and they finally told me they had stuff in the mix but it wouldn't be available til next year.. any of you guys across the pond hear anything about this?

Discmania's only mids are the MD1, MD2, and GM, right? The MD-2 rocks, the MD-1 is supposedly nothing special, and the GM is a blasphemy of Gremlins b/c they're domey, correct? Anyone find it odd that they only have one particularly good mid?

BrotherDave said:
Discmania's only mids are the MD1, MD2, and GM, right? The MD-2 rocks, the MD-1 is supposedly nothing special, and the GM is a blasphemy of Gremlins b/c they're domey, correct? Anyone find it odd that they only have one particularly good mid?
If not for the OAT sensitivity, the MD1 would be a pretty great mid, especially the more overstable ones. Also, despite what everyone else thinks about the domey GM's, Jussi Meresmaa throws those things like a madman.

maskedavenger said:
:D How much of that is attributable to the disc, and how much to the madman in question?
S-Line GM, it's the choice of a madman. =)

The GM is really not that bad and as long as you don't have a particular attachment to the old gremlins, you'll like them.

Latest posts