• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Quick Flow v DD comparison for whoever asked...DD is more stable. I could geta new Flow to flip flat from slight hyzer. DD wants to hold the Hyzer. DD better in wind but a lot less glide. Opto Flow and SDD havr similar LSS as well. Very similar discs but different lol.

Okay, just got home from throwing my new 172g, yellow C-DD on a soccer field.

My thoughts so far.
The plastic is close to the C-PD2, but grippier. Yet it still has that indestructible feeling. 8)
Its long, and handles headwind amazingly well. Got a couple of 420'+ throws in a moderate headwind, so its a lot faster than a PD (for me atleast).
Also I got it to go further than a PD2, and the fade/skip is about half that of a PD2. :D

When thrown in a backwind, it just goes straight, and is a little shorter. So it clearly needs to turn over a bit to gain that nice distance. I´m expecting it to start turning nicely when it gets a little beaten.

A plus side for me is that it isn't affected by my OAT problem (tho I've almost gotten rid of it :) ). So its a lot safer for me to throw into a headwind than a PD.

What I would use it for:
Long controlled drives.
Headwind distance.
Long hyzers (360'+).

Similar discs (IMO):
A good Teerex
An overstable Wraith

I will continue to test it. Need to use it on a course to really see how it can be controlled, but I have a hunch that its going to be a great, controlled distance disc. And am definitely getting a 175g one to try out as well.

I have no idea how a Quasar flies, never thrown one.
But this C-DD is exactly what I was looking for, since I was in the market for a good Teerex to compliment my PDs. :)

Think of a slightly beaten S-PD that turns a tiny bit and has that reliable fade. Flies nicely on flat throws and hyzers, even in wind and holds a slight anhyzer for quite a while before reliably coming out of it at the end. Now take it up to speed 13, and you've got the Quasar I have.

C-DD's look and feel great. Can't wait to toss today (maybe... if I can get out of work in a reasonable time. Right now I'm sitting here in suuuuper tight tights with a fake mustache on and a mario cap)

"Right now I'm sitting here in suuuuper tight tights..." :shock:

"...with a fake mustache on and a mario cap" :lol:

I'm glad I remembered it's Halloween.

I'm pretty sure I broke some HR codes today... I was pretty much on full display. I left after lunch to change once the contest was over (1st place was an Ipad... I got 3rd)

No haven't thrown yet. Been a couple late days at work. But the plastic feels nice, the dome is mild and pleasing, and I'm pretty hyped to see if it could maybe do a little Wraith/Teerex combo for the bag.

I´m really loving this disc, it's almost as long as my ES DS, but with a ton of control.
C-DD is in my bag, permanently. :eek:
Bombed some very difficult, long holes in Moon Valley today with it, and beat my old record in the process. :D

zj1002 said:
Trey did you ever throw your C-DD?

I am still holding out on buying one.

Hey ZJ,

So this thing is pretty stable. Compared to a new domey E* Wraith the C-DD likes to get to the ground a little faster. The added stability is nice, this disc definitely poses some strengths as a great control distance driver in my opinion much like a beefier slightly slower S/Ds Destroyer. It is reliable and long, but I juuuuuuust wish it had a touch more glide.

Let me know what you think as I'd like to know what it acts like at your power level.

I just got mine yesterday. 171g orange. dome pops up in the middle. all of ours had this type of dome, so I had no choice.

I got team practice this afternoon and I plan on testing in then. I'll definitely let you know tonight what I find.

It sounds similar so far to the 1st run S-DD. I really liked mine once it lost its initial stability, but I lost that one. Sounds like this disc will fit perfectly between my Quasar/Xcals and SOLF. I used to rely on stable star wraiths but those never lasted more than a month

zj1002 said:
I used to rely on stable star wraiths but those never lasted more than a month

This is the EXACT reason why I was interested in this disc. I'm interested to see what its like after 3 months. Could be just the disc for in between PD and All out distance discs.

C-DD is sweet. Only got like 5-6 throws in since most of practice was dedicated to putting and short game. But the disc felt natural from the get go. I liken the glide to that of a Quasar, and it is similar out of the hand. It flies fast out of the hand and the fade kicks in late. It likes speed which I can give it plenty of. Makes it easy to range. It is like combining an OLF and Wraith

I hope its jls/leo like. Wing looks flat so we will see

facebook_-1221177700.jpg

Its probably in the leopard/stalker range just from this view of the rim width. Sucks they won't give us a profile shot. I bet it is just a bit less stable than a leopard

Latest posts