• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

so has anyone been throwing the C-DD?

curious how it stacks up to the S and P lines

and Trey I have seen those C-MD2s. We had 2 at Disc Nation. I am really tempted to grab one. They feel awesome. I know we also have some old mold S-MD2 with the MS top(shark). The CFR C-MD2 is definitely never leaving my bag. I started throwing flat again(had gotten back into hyzer flipping) and it is such a great compliment to the CE QMS. Still not sold on the super stable dayglow stock C-MD2, because it overlaps with my sentinel(which can actually hold a pure spike hyzer)

Correction. Those were only the approval dates I was looking at, and the PD2 wasn't released until January, so that makes it 3 discs in 2010 and 1 in 2011. Be that as it may, we want more, and we want it NOW! :)

maskedavenger said:
Correction. Those were only the approval dates I was looking at, and the PD2 wasn't released until January, so that makes it 3 discs in 2010 and 1 in 2011. Be that as it may, we want more, and we want it NOW! :)
I'd rather have them keep things as they are, releasing new discs only every now and then, but only good ones, instead of going the Innova route.

jubuttib said:
I can see four different molds they could come up with to fill up the gaps. In order of my assumed likelihoods they'd be a fairway driver (FD1. They could come up with a couple of these actually), a real understable driver (TD2 or perhaps a P-TD), a more overstable putter (P3) and a truly overstable mid (MD3).

I doubt they'll be making a more understable driver, since the D-TD is freakishly understable already. Or atleast beats into one, after 5 throws...unless you're throwing it in space.

I´m hoping for an overstable...r putter or mid. 8)

Loop said:
I doubt they'll be making a more understable driver, since the D-TD is freakishly understable already.
Too much so, pretty much. They get thrashed in an instant. =)

A P-TD would probably be a good compromise.

Someone asked them on Facebook a couple of months ago if they had any new discs planned. They said no.

I'm hoping for an overstable midrange and the PD2 to come out in S-Line and be Destroyer-esque. PD2 has the best fitting rim for my hand of all the high speed drivers.

jubuttib said:
A P-TD would probably be a good compromise.

Hear, hear!

True, pouring out new warp speed drivers every 2 months is not the way to go, but Discmania is hardly there. They still have other spots to fill and a relaxed schedule works well. I'm just hankering for a new one. :wink:

zj1002 said:
so has anyone been throwing the C-DD?

curious how it stacks up to the S and P lines

and Trey I have seen those C-MD2s. We had 2 at Disc Nation. I am really tempted to grab one. They feel awesome. I know we also have some old mold S-MD2 with the MS top(shark). The CFR C-MD2 is definitely never leaving my bag. I started throwing flat again(had gotten back into hyzer flipping) and it is such a great compliment to the CE QMS. Still not sold on the super stable dayglow stock C-MD2, because it overlaps with my sentinel(which can actually hold a pure spike hyzer)

Hey ZJ,

Just wanted to give you an update on the clear CMD2's w/ milky white rims. Right now I'm having a lot of fun with it throwing it hard and flat and getting some fade at around the same distance as my USDGC MD2. Where I have to throw the USDGC one with hyzer now, I can throw this clear guy flat and have no turn over at all. These don't seem to get slowed down by the dome as much as the gigantor domed stiff oranges that I've thrown recently.

Can't wait to see what they break into. :)

So today the C-DD was released for production runs now and should be in stores. Is anyone going to try it out?

Jubuttib, have you had a chance to take a look at this thing? Please say there is more dome on the new runs. If there is, we could have a great super stable wraith slot for a discmania lineup in indestructible plastic.

Trey we have had them at Disc Nation for a few weeks. I keep wanting to try one but was hoping someone else had. Eventually I will break down and buy one

I haven't seen them (I don't have a disc golf store anywhere near me) and I probably won't be getting one, since I don't throw the DD anymore (well, probably if I get some unexpected money). Most of the production run C-Line stuff I've seen has been on the domey side, and the newer runs of S-DD's I've seen have been domey, so I'd expect these to follow suit. You'll have more luck asking JR since he can visit Frisbeepoint and find out.

the ones I have held dome up in the middle. It isn't a gradual dome, this is one of the main reasons I have held out on buying one. we dpnt have them at our store location so I can't test it unfortunately. I'll see if I can get one over to the store on friday to throw

I originally took the wraith out of my bag as I felt the PD covered the same distances and with different stages of wear covered the flight paths of the wraiths nicely... but the plastic monger inside me tells me to put this in my bag if it mimics wraiths.

IDK about a C-Line DD...The two S-Lines I have are super domey, but much more overstable than a Wraith, and with a lot less glide. In my experience C-Line Discmania is a touch more overstable and less glidey than S and P lines, so I'm not exactly sure a C-Line DD excites me. But who knows maybe they fly really well. My C-TD bombs.

They're supposed to be more stable than the Wraith in equivalent plastic anyway.

If the glide isn't totally gone (I still shudder when I think about the first run DD's...) the C-DD might well make a handy overstable distance driver for adverse conditions.

what'shisname said:
hmmm.... this DD/Wraith talk has me thinking again now. How would the DD compare to the Flow?
Way more HSS and LSS. Not as glidey.

The DD is supposed to be a TeeRex/Wraith hybrid sort of disc. It's supposed to have the HSS of a TeeRex (at least what the TeeRex should have, I know they rarely perform as expected) and the fade of a Wraith. A reliable and workable long distance driver.

I threw the flat first run and Hystera stamped S-DD. I think the first run is more teerex in flight, and the hysteria is closer to the wraith. The original DD doesn't move through the air as fast as a wraith. I liken it to throwing an Xcal vs Destroyer. I personally prefer the slower more predictable flight of the Xcal, just like how I prefer an OLF/EX to a PD/TB. I can throw it just as far as a Destroyer. The first run S-DD wasn't really a stable disc, it just was lower on the glide range than other discs of its speed category. I liken the stock stamp more to a DGA Hurricane rather than Teerex/Wraith hybrid. The only issue was the S-line Hysteria seemed to beat in really fast for me(Austin terrain isn't friendly to drivers, just look at the comments in the Players cup videos). I ended up just sticking with flat stable 12x Star Wraiths(and stable Echos) because the stability stuck around longer. I need a driver in between my Xcals and OLFs, and the Wraith always fit into that slot. I was hoping the C-DD would provide me the desired stable flight plus durability of champion plastic.