• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

it is my putting putter. I have switched between the omega ap, yeti and p2 for putting for the past year. My DGR p2's have sort of risen above some the rest. The grip has gotten amazing and it has a nice concave top.

I am pretty attached to throwing omegas especially 1.11 APs. P2s never really excited me with driving until I got these freaky "pro" d-line ones with the double circle tooling and higher PLH.

Right now my lineup is
DGR D-P2 x2 - putter and a backup
D-P2 - overstable thrower, pro feel super grippy
Omega SS 1.30 - approach disc, wont ever slide past pin...ever
Omega AP 1.11 - box approaches

I want to switch one of the DGR p2s out for the KC d-line

Once I get my KC pro I will put up a profile comp of all 3 of my "d-line"

cone_title.gif

I've been throwing the FR s CD lately and have had some of my longest throws with it. I think its under rated as a great driver. Very straight with a little bit of high speed turn and still has good fade. How do the first runs differ from the normal runs?

What about the c lines?

linkinparkervii said:
I've been throwing the FD s CD lately and have had some of my longest throws with it. I think its under rated as a great driver. Very straight with a little bit of high speed turn and still has good fade. How do the first runs differ from the normal runs?

What about the c lines?

My c-lines are domier, have a little bit more glide, and are more stable.

linkinparkervii said:
I've been throwing the FR s CD lately and have had some of my longest throws with it. I think its under rated as a great driver. Very straight with a little bit of high speed turn and still has good fade. How do the first runs differ from the normal runs?

What about the c lines?
The FR CD's are fantastic discs, that is definitely true. Later runs have a totally different top (the Anhyzer top) which also make the nose sharper. The production ones on the whole are less HSS, same or less LSS, faster, glidier, perhaps touchier and less consistent. A completely different disc really. Great for finesse shots or a less power oriented player, but not much else. A shame really, I bothered them to bring back the FR mold as CD2, but they said that mold part is broken so there's no way of them coming back...

There are no C-CD's.

Only 250-300 KC P2s ran and no plans to do so again or this stiff again. They are shooting for softer than KC, but more firm than the softer runs

jubuttib said:
linkinparkervii said:

What about the c lines?
The FR CD's are fantastic discs, that is definitely true. Later runs have a totally different top (the Anhyzer top) which also make the nose sharper. The production ones on the whole are less HSS, same or less LSS, faster, glidier, perhaps touchier and less consistent. A completely different disc really. Great for finesse shots or a less power oriented player, but not much else. A shame really, I bothered them to bring back the FR mold as CD2, but they said that mold part is broken so there's no way of them coming back...

There are no C-CD's.

I had a nice light green one of these(FR-CD) and threw it off and on. One day, I lost it, and I was sad. They are long and kinda feel in my hand like a Eagle does. They did not have a very big rim, and I liked how easy they were to feel the pivot. Teebirds and Eagles have since taken over that slot. C'est la vie!

On a side note... Is there anything in the discmania line up that is more over stable than a firebird and a bit faster?

Ok, thanks. My buddy was asking me this question. He likes to throw Innova only, but I was thinking discmania would work.
I may just take a Z Pred with the stamp removed and hand it to him. :evil:

colombo117 said:
On a side note... Is there anything in the discmania line up that is more over stable than a firebird and a bit faster?
How much faster? The PD2 sounds like it'd be about right, but it's more of a more overstable XCaliber. The flat CFR C-PD's are as close as Discmania has come to the Firebird.

Latest posts