• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

man that pd2 is tempting. I'll wait to try them when DN gets some. Discmania blizzard means the Millennium batch of Quasars probably got ran and should be here soon. Can't wait for both to get released

Going to have to give these a try. I really like my Xcal and I keep getting told that since I like those so much to try a PD2, and now they are in blizzard. I'm going to cross my fingers that they are still really stable but get that crazy blizzard glide

The blizz PD2's finally made me crack and order some blizz plastic. Looking forward to trying out the wraith and destroyer too.

Frank Delicious said:
Did they ever make C-P2s? I feel like I remember a test run being mentioned.

They indeed did. Well, at least for the Japan Open. I have a 158g C-P2. Actually a pretty stable little thing. I also have a JO D-P2. No where near as stable.

Frank Delicious said:
Why aren't P-MD2s easier to get? they are sooooo nice.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=544&PPQT1=324

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/factory-second-pro-md2.html

http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pline-midrange-fiend-p-2793.html

just figured I would pop in an give some news if you havent heard it yet

last week I heard the kc pro p2s were going stock. so if you haven't figured out yet how to get them don't worry they are coming out soon

I have heard P2s compared to challengers, is this fairly accurate? Im sure there are small differences, anyone who has thrown both care to share?

they don't have the same glide. I think challengers are more like omegas

The p2 is basically a beefy warlock, 1080, or aviar p&a(obviously).

It is a pitch putter. doesn't really react well as well to spin putts. The p2 is a bit dumpy, in that it can drop out of the sky soon if you aren't used to those type of putters.

The kc p2 is the best p2 yet. I threw mine for a bit to get them straighter and they are now my go to putters. They do have a bit of of the "yeti bounce" in that if you putt really hard you will probably have some bounce outs. otherwise the dome/shoulder are perfect in my opinion. the plastic is more like a yeti/kc blend. It has the stiffness of current kc but a bit more grip similar to what you find in good yetis.

I do really want to try a c-p2 just don't want to drop $20 on one

A C-P2 could be interesting. Have to say that I am somewhat freaking out after fondling some of the newer run S-P2s. The ones I felt had noticeable dome to them, which isn't anything like the 1st Run S-P2s. I just love the slight concave top and minimal shoulder of my S-P2s and KCs. Luckily I have a nice stash of 1st Run S-P2s and a shit ton of KC P2s.

zj1002 said:
It is a pitch putter. doesn't really react well as well to spin putts.
Tell that to Jussi Meresmaa, he's a spin putter and uses the P2.

I've never had a problem with the glide of the P2 btw, from what I've seen it has excellent glide, but the fade sometimes brings it down prematurely.

Jussi isn't really the norm. he is a world top 10 talent if he had time to play 40 events a year. but you can't really say that the P2 is the ideal spin putter. Most spin putters gravitate towards shallow or more streamlined putters. it is a better spin putter than the aviar BB because you don't have to deal with the bead. Most spin putters I know use a warlock, omega, pure, etc.

As for glide, I should have probably said something like "it isn't a glidey putter". You are right the glide is there, but when compared to something like an omega or challenger it isn't and thats because the p2 slows down sooner. The d-line have the most, but the kc definitely drops out sooner so for most people that have an unreliable putt they see it as a dumpy putter.

Funny, usually people say the Challenger doesn't glide well. =)

EDIT: On short throws.