• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Z Nuke

Tossin' in Memphis said:
I think most of what is being said is true in terms of TRUE distance.....I posted last week that the Z Nuke I got was certainly longer than anything I have gotten my hands on and that it would be the first disc I break 400' with........I am a mildly overweight but athletic 35 year old and I figure that if I am hitting 380'-400', then guys who are hitting 450'-500' are fairly common. I feel that I can honestly say that I won't see any major improvements in my distance until I drop another 20-25 pounds and help my rotation....

You've also got to think about the fact that if your Nuke is getting a distance line with high speed turn and fade over 380'-400' of power, how squirrely is that disc going to be for someone who can rip with twice as much power? It's going to be hard to be consistent. That's why YGL likes his purple ones.

discspeed said:
Tossin' in Memphis said:
I think most of what is being said is true in terms of TRUE distance.....I posted last week that the Z Nuke I got was certainly longer than anything I have gotten my hands on and that it would be the first disc I break 400' with........I am a mildly overweight but athletic 35 year old and I figure that if I am hitting 380'-400', then guys who are hitting 450'-500' are fairly common. I feel that I can honestly say that I won't see any major improvements in my distance until I drop another 20-25 pounds and help my rotation....

You've also got to think about the fact that if your Nuke is getting a distance line with high speed turn and fade over 380'-400' of power, how squirrely is that disc going to be for someone who can rip with twice as much power? It's going to be hard to be consistent. That's why YGL likes his purple ones.

good point...I have a 172 purple....glad I picked that color! Do you know anything about the Climo quote I posted a few steps back from here? What do you think about it?

Tossin' in Memphis said:
good point...I have a 172 purple....glad I picked that color! Do you know anything about the Climo quote I posted a few steps back from here? What do you think about it?

I've heard something like that before. I'm pretty sure it's from like 10 years ago, but still holds true for the most part. If you can throw accurately to 375', you are going to get a lot of birdies and there also aren't going to be many pars you can't reach.

I think that 375' might have to be adjusted for inflation...400' maybe? I can think of many cases here in CO where throwing 400' will get you just inside the circle.

emiller3 said:
I think that 375' might have to be adjusted for inflation...400' maybe? I can think of many cases here in CO where throwing 400' will get you just inside the circle.

I can see it being a few years old......you know, judging from some really good players in this area I would say that even amongst advanced AM's, the percentage of them that could bird a 375'-400' hole is still relatively low in terms of consistency...what do you guys think? 375..open hole....25%....Am I way off here? You have to take into account the drive and the in-the-circle putt.....

FWIW, my brother and I ordered a total of 7 Z Nukes shortly after they became available at discgolfcenter. I think they were all marked between 172 and 173 and with the FR stamp. The PLH was identical on all 7 discs, which is probably a good sign. Also impressed with the stiffness and durability of the plastic. Had a few curb shots with very minimal visible damage. Each of us currently has one in the bag. I also carry a fliptacular FR ESP to go with it.

I did some experimenting with tuning the wing when I first got them cause they were not as stable as I expected relative to a brand new ESP. The Z Nukes seem to respond well to being tuned. I was able to successfully tune them toward either end of the stability spectrum.

According to the Discraft Nuke Facebook page, Glo Nukes are "coming soon".......

I'll probably buy one, but doubt it will go in my bag. I doubt I'm going to have anything faster than a PD in there until I get a little better. But I'm a sucker for buying whatever new big thing comes around.

Anyone seen a Z nuke in the mid 160 class. I was playing today with a guy who had one and was just wondering where he picked it up. I could not find one at the online stores I usually shop.

CHEERS - Koffee

i have a 168 in purple and a 173 in bright green with a rainbow stamp (wall hanger maybe) and i love them :)

Man, I've had some Z Nukes for almost 3 weeks now and still haven't tossed them. I gotta get some free time

YoungGunLefty said:
I thought I saw somewhere that Dcraft was going to produce a GLO Z NUKE..........

Is there any truth to this or am I just having some amazing dreams?????
maybe look up^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3 on the way, ordered last night. Please let them be overstable, please. Anybody thrown a proto?

booter said:
booter said:
for those of you nuke throwers http://www.sunkingdiscs.com has the pre orders goin for the GLO z nukes comin out.

sorry, i have a tiny computer screen, i couldnt see the small print.
thanks for posting (again) :lol:

and I thought you were only able to pre-order 2 at a time!

lol no worries. im pretty sure you can order as many as you want, i think they only put a limit to some pre orders depending on how limited of a run it is. in this case, its a production run glo z so im sure theres no limit per person.

Latest posts