• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Z Nuke

I understand all about this fabricated distance that goes on in the DG world. But I can truly say that this hole has been wheeled off for distance and is correct at 600ft.

We did a $500 long drive contest in February and we had it flagged off every hundred feet and then a dash of spray paint every 25ft. so it was very easy to tell what the distance was that you were throwing. And we also wheeled off these markers as well.
During this contest I threw an echo Boss in a 15mph headwind and made it 480ft.
I only bring this up to help back my story up about my distance.

Oh i understand completely and I wasnt trying to imply that a single person was referring to me.

I was just trying to back up my statement with some kind of proof.

And I do this so that people will believe that these Z nukes can def add some distance to your drives.

If only there was a way to tell which ones were going to fly more understable for me and the ones that would fly like my purple one. Than I would be buying up a crap load of those stable ones.

There are two pretty solid ones: Dome and PLH. Match those to your purple one and you should be pretty good.

I understand the dome part I just want the PLH explained to me.

I have no Idea what that is and the difference between one thats understable and one thats overstable because of the PLH.

Jeronimo said:
overstable striker on left, normal striker everyone knows and loves on right
StrikervsStriker.jpg

overstable vision on left, understable vision on right
VisionvsVision.jpg
That's probably the most extreme example I can find quickly. The higher PLH ones on the left are more stable than the low PLH ones on the right.

I remember having one of those stupid stable strikers. Also, I cannot get over how different those visions look. Practically two different discs. I threw one of those very stable visions last week beside my Rivers, and the stable Vision's flight was very similar, but shorter.

Just received my 172 purple Z Nuke....went to the feild to throw it....no warm up....it goes very far (duh)...I was throwing it flat and letting it get that long, slow turn and then come back...within a week of throwing, I will break my personal best of about 380'-390'...no doubt about it

discspeed said:
I think wrong distances are pretty rampant. However, I think the problem is a lot worse on holes past 400' because most people don't throw that far and wouldn't know 380 from 400 from 420 because they are all out of their driving range, but well within range for an easy 3. Most people who have played for a couple years will notice if a hole marked 350' is only 330' though. So, the longer the hole, the more chance the measurement is off.

Yes, I think this is pretty spot on. If you check the distances that where thrown by the worlds best at the distance event at worlds*, it gets hard to believe how many players are throwing 450 at will.

*Just 10 pros threw one of their shots over 500 and the winning throw was "just" 534 feet.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PW2010-LongDriveResults.pdf

rehder said:
discspeed said:
I think wrong distances are pretty rampant. However, I think the problem is a lot worse on holes past 400' because most people don't throw that far and wouldn't know 380 from 400 from 420 because they are all out of their driving range, but well within range for an easy 3. Most people who have played for a couple years will notice if a hole marked 350' is only 330' though. So, the longer the hole, the more chance the measurement is off.

Yes, I think this is pretty spot on. If you check the distances that where thrown by the worlds best at the distance event at worlds*, it gets hard to believe how many players are throwing 450 at will.

*Just 10 pros threw one of their shots over 500 and the winning throw was "just" 534 feet.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PW2010-LongDriveResults.pdf

Yeah...so there are a bunch of people on the internet who could have showed up and blew them all away with 600' throws... :lol:
Seriously, I've seen 500' unquestionably broken maybe a dozen times (if you don't count watching GG bombing at the golf course at the Player's Cup for fun), with many more that were probably very close to 500' even. Even the best D throwers are only throwing golf lines a little over 450'...past that and the shot is very high with a lot of movement and a very low margin for error.

Is it true that Climo once stated that if you could throw 375' and putt well, you could be a world champ? It's probably true.....even if he didn't say it

Omar can throw farther than me and I have hit 580' in legit comp.......he also outdrove Wiggins at worlds.

Anyway hello again DGR! I have been trying to practice some before Vibram and haven't been around much.

Hey, no doubt you can throw far Matt, and no doubt there are other people on this board that can throw far as well. But you yourself are a 1000+ rated pro. But I think the point still stands, that there are alot of players that (severely) overestimate their throwing distance, and the difference between hit at will golflines independent of weather conditions and 1timer throw with big turn and wind assistance.

I think most of what is being said is true in terms of TRUE distance.....I posted last week that the Z Nuke I got was certainly longer than anything I have gotten my hands on and that it would be the first disc I break 400' with........I am a mildly overweight but athletic 35 year old and I figure that if I am hitting 380'-400', then guys who are hitting 450'-500' are fairly common. I feel that I can honestly say that I won't see any major improvements in my distance until I drop another 20-25 pounds and help my rotation....

scoot_er said:
Omar can throw farther than me and I have hit 580' in legit comp.......he also outdrove Wiggins at worlds.

Anyway hello again DGR! I have been trying to practice some before Vibram and haven't been around much.

I believe the comp was legit, but was the 580' measured correctly? I'm not questioning you Scoot, I know you can bomb, but you've got to admit there aren't many out there than can throw over 500' on demand (and if there are, why don't they compete in distance competitions?). I think most don't want to face the reality of the measuring tape.