• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

come on now!!!!

Speed 14

Innova-Champion Discs Dominator 175.1 21.1 1.4 1.1 16.2 2.4 5.2 27.75 11.45 12-06 01/22/12

edit: bolded for rim size

I thought the PDGA capped rim width at 13 speed :confused:
That's why the Ninja is illegal, no?

I thought the PDGA capped rim width at 13 speed :confused:
That's why the Ninja is illegal, no?

PDGA couldn't care less about the "speed" of a disc. These number are all relative... What the PDGA cares about are the specs. Doesn't matter if it's a 2.6cm rim thats a speed 6 because it's as aerodynamic as a birdie, it's still illegal because of the rim.

PDGA couldn't care less about the "speed" of a disc. These number are all relative... What the PDGA cares about are the specs. Doesn't matter if it's a 2.6cm rim thats a speed 6 because it's as aerodynamic as a birdie, it's still illegal because of the rim.

I was under the impression that rim width and speed rating were linked together. Don't remember where I heard that, but it would mean all 13 speed discs have the same rim width. Not sure how true that is.

This thread made my day. Just this morning iwas thinking to myself, "Innova doesn't have enough drivers in their line up." After all, you have to go back all the way back to August since they came out with a high speed driver.

That's funny...
I was just thinking how nobody has been able to piss and moan about a new Innova high speed driver since august.

If 50,000 noobs buy these, think of it as making it that much easier to put out discs you DO approve of; like cfr's and reissues.

i love that innova comes out with new **** all the time. i have really never found a disc that i like right out of the box. most need to be beat in a lil before they get to their sweet spot. like i know a lot of people love destroyers and bosses, but they love em when they are beat in a considerable amount. my guess is that innova is trying to make new fast drivers that are close in speed and stability to other discs that sell well, so people can buy their new drivers that fly like their favorite beat in drivers

Looks like they're (still) trying to re-convert all the people they lost when the Nuke dropped.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Vulcan topped discs, with the exception of the Archon so I hope that isn't the case...not that I'm switching anyway. Innova's warp speed (12-13) category has only one really great disc IMO (Destroyer, not counting subsidiaries) so I think it's their weakest "section" of offerings.

That's funny...
I was just thinking how nobody has been able to piss and moan about a new Innova high speed driver since august.

If 50,000 noobs buy these, think of it as making it that much easier to put out discs you DO approve of; like cfr's and reissues.

I get what you're saying EL-Kabong. I really do. You make a very valid point. However, I just feel that over the past couple years Innova has neglected its mid-range line up in favor of releasing the "next big thing" in terms of high speed drivers. I love Innova. I really do. My entire bag is Innova with an exception. My mids. Wasp, Buzz, Meteor. It's very obvious that Discraft, and maybe even Lat 64 put way more effort into producing really good mids. With the exception of Rocs, it seems like Innova could care less about mid ranges. A Lycan? Really? I get it. Rocs are their most popular discs. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with anymore is how it seems like all Innova is doing is trying to market new high speed stuff to new players that have no business throwing that stuff anyway. And what about us? What about those of us that actually know what to do with a mid range? I'm not going speak for anyone else, but personally, I like throwing mids more than any other type of discs. And it's fun to get a chance to throw a brand new mold from time to time. That is all.;)

Innova is making too many products for retailers to actually have in stock. Take all their molds, multiplied by all the plastic types, weights, and colors, and you would need a huge warehouse to hold it all.

The Lycan is a recent mid from Innova, nice disc.

Could both of these be the first discs designed with Blizzard Tech in mind?

:thmbup:

innova_dominator.jpg

Innova-Champion Discs Dominator 175.1 21.1 1.4 1.1 16.2 2.4 5.2 27.75 11.45 12-06 01/22/12

Groove without the "lip thingie"...

There is nothing wrong with keeping the disc market fresh by releasing new choices in an already saturated disc mold market. Innova's figured that out. The only way to attract more business is to continually reinvent existing molds. The crappy/unused/low demand molds, new or old, will be weeded out and discontinued (Kite and Viking maybe?).

Latest posts