• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

I wish Innova would focus more on putters and fairways. What garbage to look foward to this spring and summer. I already have an archon and vulcan that I wasted money on...It's the noob in me.

Mamba (11/5/-3/1). DOMINATOR (??/??/??/??). Who knows? Gotta be overstable with a name like that, eh?

Is the Mamba really a speed 11? It looked like it say the rim was at 1.7 but maybe I misread.

I wish Innova would focus more on putters and fairways. What garbage to look foward to this spring and summer. I already have an archon and vulcan that I wasted money on...It's the noob in me.

What would you like to see in a putter and fairway? Just curious.

Personally i'd like to see more light weight discs come out without sacrificing gyroscopics. Hoping Blizzard plastic achieves that.

hoping its not the vulcan top,if it is, they need to realize that the vulcan top is a piece of crap top tthat doesnt have glide.glide is a good thing,why do the opposite. if either of these have that top,i wont bother

hoping its not the vulcan top,if it is, they need to realize that the vulcan top is a piece of crap top tthat doesnt have glide.glide is a good thing,why do the opposite. if either of these have that top,i wont bother

The vulcan top is a way of molding star/champ plastic in lower weights without breaking the pdga standard for flight plate thickness and wing widths while maintaining HSS. I think they considered it a "break through" in disc technology and are experimenting with other bottom molds.

I'm not defending the molds themselves (i don't like them). But if I were innova and was pressing 100 for testing, why not press 1000 to release to retailers?

Innova really needs to focus more on making a new plastic line than discs. They still don't have a gummy/grippy flx like plastic.

What would you like to see in a putter and fairway? Just curious.

Personally i'd like to see more light weight discs come out without sacrificing gyroscopics. Hoping Blizzard plastic achieves that.

Well, I'm quite happy with tb's,eagles, and leopards, but I would like to see a few more understable options in this area. Maybe it's just me. Putters, maybe a few more options than just Aviar variants, etc. :|

My question is why hasn't anyone come out with a WEIGHTED (Non-Tournament) disc to help increase Shoulder Strength, etc.

i dont think it would be so bad if they did kill out some of the less used molds, to come out with new molds, they have enough molds allready

My question is why hasn't anyone come out with a WEIGHTED (Non-Tournament) disc to help increase Shoulder Strength, etc.

That is a good question, although I see a few shoulders being blown out in result.
As for the enormous rim, it looks freaking huge. Is Innova trying to fill every gap in the flight chart? It seems they have no concept of discing down or discs that shape lines instead of being thrown at max speed. Other companies have been on the cutting edge of this.

Yeah, I was hoping for a fairway driver when I saw 1.7 at first.

haha Yeah, I saw the 1.7 and then the flight numbers Josh posted and thought maybe it was a touch faster Leopard or little slower Roadrunner.

2012-01-24_04.jpg

Not too many more spots left to fill, and I couldn't imagine them doing an Ape OS or Xcal OS. They could replace the Groove (the point of the groove was to be able to produce lower weight, but now they have Blizzard), but there isn't that much room between the Katana (13,5,-2,3) and Boss (13,5,-1,3).

Latest posts