• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

What would you like to see in a putter and fairway? Just curious.

Personally, I'd like to see a fairway more understable than a leopard. And in premium plastic. Or even a Star Wolf. I'd like to see one of those. I've never understood why you would market a disc as being good for tight wooded shots, but only offer it in a plastic with low durability (DX). Same goes for an XD. What can I say. I'm a star plastic junkie. I guess I'm just trying to make two points. 1.) I think there are more important gaps in Innova's line up that should get some attention. And 2.) They do already have some pretty sweet molds that could be made with different plastics.

there is a curious pattern on this board when Innova releases a high speed driver
it gets repeated

a) release
b) whine about "not another high speed driver"
c) whine "why can't they make something else"
d) whine "what a piece of junk"
e) proceed to go out and purchase it

when I'm old(er) the Mamba might be useful for me...but I'm thinking that's probably 15 years or more away

naaaah
who am I kidding
at that point I'll stick to Rivers, RR's, and Swords

You can go waste your money on the proto releases then. I wouldn't consider everyones opinion as "whining". Why have a message board at all then? Just sayin'.

I wish. Nearly all XCals will flip into even a slight headwind. I would love a truely overstable driver with a rim as wide as an XCal or Destroyer. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever happen as most discs are marketed to beginners/intermediates.

A Max has a rim width of 2.2 cm, which is the same as a Destroyer.

the dominator actually sounds like it might be a decent disc. im looking forward to checking it out.

So, the Mamba is more understable and slower than a Vulcan?!? Holly flip!

i dont think it would be so bad if they did kill out some of the less used molds, to come out with new molds, they have enough molds allready

and if they announced the discontinuation a month or two in advance they might just see a run on the disc as fans stock up

They need to let me know the fate of the Groove so I can stock up if necessary. :D

Gotta be a groove fan somewhere. I liked the mold for a bit until I lost the one I had and discovered what other folks meant by "no consistency".

Personally, I'd like to see a fairway more understable than a leopard. And in premium plastic.

Ever try a Star Kite? It is often criticized for being too understable, but if you want something more understable than a Leopard, then it may be exactly what you want. It has 1.6 cm wide rim just like the Leopard and it is small diameter. It has the shape and speed much more like a fairway driver than a mid.

daves answer to me asking about the tops on these 2 as well as any new info on other things

" Neither driver will have a Vulcan type top. Wings?

TL+ was just made a few months ago. No new putters. The Yeti is the newest.

The new Champion Stingray and Cobras fly as if they were new. The Cobra flies like a long Roc and the Stingray flies like a shorter Leopard. These are from the Flat top Ontario mold, but really don't fly like their DX brothers. I can't turn the Cobra over at all, and the Stingray is pretty darn straight, rather than a turning machine like the original or DX.

As far as actual fairway drivers; the FD Jackal we made for Discmania is like a cross between a Leopard and TeeBird. It will come out in March, I believe."