• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driver Help!

chainbangers

Ok, so I am in dire need of a (or more) driver. I just lost my second river and another a vibram trak. I know it may be the archer not the arrow but I would like a driver that is not as understable as either of those. Ideally, I'd like something low speed that has a long swooping 'S' curve. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I am open to any brand. Thanks!

ps I found that the leapord was too understable for me.

Open the flood gates. Im sure youll get at least hmmm 15 or 20 different answers to your question but if you liked the River grab another. There are lots of fan boys on this site that love them. Explain a little more about what you mean by S curve. How far are you throwing your mids? How far would you like to throw said fairway driver?

Relatedly, I'd recommend a Cyclone or a Gazelle. Similar S-curve shape as the Eagle X, but slower. I throw Cyclones myself, and love their line-shaping ability. My understanding of Gazelles is that they're similar to Cyclones, but with a bit less fade.

If you're a fan of the Lat plastic, the Saint is a good step up from the River. It will work lines, but thrown flat will stay straight (unless you go light Gold Line, I would recommend a sparkle Opto). And still low-speed enough for a good rim grip.

5 different Molds already. I LOVE these threads!

NU UH Mines Right! Wait I didnt actually say that I think hmmmmmmm lets see here (Scratches Chin) I'll goo with a TL (8/10 of course). I still wanna know what S curve means and how long and swooping we are going for.

Ok, so I am in dire need of a (or more) driver. I just lost my second river and another a vibram trak. I know it may be the archer not the arrow but I would like a driver that is not as understable as either of those. Ideally, I'd like something low speed that has a long swooping 'S' curve. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I am open to any brand. Thanks!

How far can you throw? And how far do you want this ^ disc to go.

Try an innova orc it will come back for ya and its only a 9 or 10 on the speed chart firebirds r sweet to but very overstable but slow speed

Hmmmmmm....choice number nine!!!! (potentially adding to confusion) The TD and TD2 both shape a nice S curve....

Just to be a little different, what caused you to lose them? Rare bad shot, or is there a pattern your noticing?

I lost two Mambas because I threw them to straight, and they both took off way right into a swamp and deep woods. I throw an Avenger SS now but I know I need to put hyzer on it now.

Are the discs in your sig bagged? You don't need anymore discs.

I know, I know. Buying new plastic is too much fun.

I throw a Beast for long S curves. Kind of old school I know. But it works for me.

Wow! I just went to eat and came back to two pages of suggestions! I will try to answer all questions from my post. I normally throw my mids about 200'-225,' The leopard I had was champ tye die'd, by "long swooping 'S' I mean a throw that just goes slowly right (RHBH) then a nice slow fade, yes all of those discs are bagged. The river and trak would go about 100' then just barrel roll right and if I was lucky they'd roll, more often not though. I lost both because of this pattern, it seemed like if I put extra hyzer on them though, they'd just follow that hyzer line. I'd like to get said driver to about 350.' I was throwing warp speed drivers about that far before I disc'd down and now am throwing my drivers about 325.' Once again thanks for the help guys!

Submitting a video of you throwing to the Technique forum might be a good idea here. That sort of behavior sounds much more like a form issue than a disc issue. Part of the reason for discing down is to see these flaw emerge and work on fixing them. Even my most flippy River is controllable out past 300 with only a bit of hyzer. The opto river, as I recommended earlier will have a familiar feel, while having more resistance to turn and more fade, but it may still turn and burn on you.

An Eagle-X may give you the flight you want right away, but the flight you describe is something a River or a Champ Leopard should excel at.