• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumb things heard on the course

the invisible tree

Eagle Member
I showed up at the course yesterday at the same time a couple of other guys did. We both putted for awhile and the two dudes asked me if I was waiting for someone or if I wanted to play along with them. They seemed cool (and they were) so I went along. After we we teeed off and started walking down the first fairway one of the guys asked me how I usually shot out there. I told them I usually stay around par. The guy who didn't ask the question said "yeah, me too" and his friend said he usually shoots 5 or 6 under. We finish up the front nine and the other "around par" guy asks how we did. "5 or 6 under guy" says "I don't even keep score when I'm playing like this". I think he was 2 or 3 over at that point. He then quit after bogeying the 10th hole.

I always hear people saying things like, "I just flipped that Pred, I need a new one." Or just something like that that shows a complete lack of knowledge.

My personal favorites are when people hit trees 30ft from the pad and never fail to say, "I SLIPPED!"

Actually, Ive been flipping my beat pred lately. So, it does happen. I had to put a freshy in just the other day because I drove into a 10mph headwind on a 350' hyzer hole and the pred had too much flip up and go and not enough bite. Also, x preds get flippy as a mofo after a while. (granted its a long while...my beat z pred is like 2 years old)

Just played a round of golf today at Ohio State with a random guy who made the infamous excuse, "I'm waiting on a friend", then asks to join. He left the course and was like, "Oh he must not be showing up".

JHBlader86 said:
"I cant putt with a putter."
I've heard that SEVERAL times.
Funny thing is he putts with a leopard because a putter is, "too unstable". :?:

Swifty said:
My personal favorites are when people hit trees 30ft from the pad and never fail to say, "I SLIPPED!"
And he managed to do this 4 times. Not only that but he took 4 mulligans.

And lastly he said he averages a -2, and by the 12th hole he was +1 with 4 mulligans, and several holes finished where both my two friends and I knew he was giving false scores.

All this because he wanted to prove he was better than us, which he actually failed bad. Kinda sad.

Mine usually involve that magical disc they don't have in their bag for some reason. Even if I offer to let them use the exact disc from my bag. Nope. That one disc was blessed by a voodoo priestess under a blood moon to give the perfect line.

JHBlader86 said:

What do you mean by this? I can't putt with a putter either. I use a Buzzz. Putters are to deep for my fingers. They get caught up on the fatty tissue of my middle finger.

TEX said:
What do you mean by this? I can't putt with a putter either. I use a Buzzz. Putters are to deep for my fingers. They get caught up on the fatty tissue of my middle finger.

You're doing it wrong. A different grip will help that. Alternately you could try one of the new lower profile putters (Ringer, Zone, etc.). The Buzzz actually has a pretty deep lip as well.

What he means though, is that it's pretty well known that midranges and drivers are inferior for putting, because when you miss and blow by, you blow by BIG - and it's much easier to miss with them than with a slower, truer flying putter.

TEX said:
JHBlader86 said:

Crazy, do you have hotdogs for fingers?

TEX said:
JHBlader86 said:

Tex you ever try a XD? that might be your answer.

"I have to get a new roc every 5 or 6 months because they start to get too flippy."

Seriously. A dude told me that on Tuesday, I just laughed and asked if I could have his old rocs (trade bait, what what)

"I just eagled that hole" or what they mean to say is "I just got a par on that"

A group is digging DEEP in the woods for a disc on the left side of a 183' dogleg right hole. I offer to assist.

Me: "What disc are we looking for?"
Them: "Star Boss"

:shock: :lol:

NoLifeLeft said:
A group is digging DEEP in the woods for a disc on the left side of a 183' dogleg right hole. I offer to assist.

Me: "What disc are we looking for?"
Them: "Star Boss"

:shock: :lol:
Me: "Nevermind then."

Benton said:
Right after shanking their drive…. "man I don't know what happened, I normally park this hole"

I was definitely "that" guy when I first started playing with other people. Once the nerves settled it went away, but, yeah, definitely guilty of that.

victorb said:
"I have to get a new roc every 5 or 6 months because they start to get too flippy."

Seriously. A dude told me that on Tuesday, I just laughed and asked if I could have his old rocs (trade bait, what what)

Dude! Give me his number. Hell I'll throw down for his new rocs if he abandons them when they start to get good.