• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Raider

Local Play it Again has a decent disc selection. Stopped in the other day and they actually have some Fz Raiders. They don't feel bad in the hand for being a 13 speed. They had some 168s and 173s in stock. Debated a hard minute about picking one up...

... now I might go back and pick one up to try out. They were $20 a pop, though... kinda steep.

Measured a Raider's rim width with calipers a month or so back. I can't remember for sure now what it was because I also checked a few others, but I know it was under .90", because that's what a Defender measures and I really just wanted to see how it compared to the Defender. Thinking it was .875"ish- same as a Kong.

Measured a Raider's rim width with calipers a month or so back. I can't remember for sure now what it was because I also checked a few others, but I know it was under .90", because that's what a Defender measures and I really just wanted to see how it compared to the Defender. Thinking it was .875"ish- same as a Kong.

The Raider's rim is not super wide. Noticeably narrower than a Boss or Nuke. That said, I still feel like the Raider flies more like 13 speed than 12.

I still feel like the Raider flies more like 13 speed than 12.

Agreed. I switched from D2s to Raiders and the rim is noticeably more comfortable for me to grip (I don't have the biggest hands), but it still flies as fast as my D2s.

Anyone care to comment on their experience with lighter weight (168-170) fuzion raiders? I'm hoping they show some turn like the lighter weight D2s I've been throwing.

I throw 168 fuzion Raiders, and they're pretty straight, only a minimal amount of turn, and I mean very minimal, with a predictable fade. I max out around 400, or just shy of that on a good rip with this disc. I'm hoping once I knock some of the ugly off of it, it'll fly with a bit more flex and distance, but we'll see!

Any experiences with the new Lucid Raiders?

My experience with other molds, I've found Fuzion and lucid pretty comparable. I've had some Fuzion Trespasses hold their stability better with wear compared to some lucids. Not always the case, I know.

Any experiences with the new Lucid Raiders?

I was only able to give my Lucid Raiders a couple tosses so maybe take this with a grain of salt. I bag SE Raiders and Hybrid Raiders and these are far more similar to Hybrid than SE, which was to be expected. My Hybrid Raiders when thrown flat will go very straight and get a healthy amount of fade after they lose speed. The Lucids I have go just a bit further on that straight line before they fade; the Lucid did not show any turn when thrown flat.

The bigger difference for me was forcing the Lucid and Hybrid over on flex lines. The Hybrid Raiders really fight out of the flex and fade out. The Lucids rode that forced anhy much longer, giving me much more distance on flex lines.

For reference, I'm throwing near max weight in all plastic. Distance when thrown flat: SE between 430-460', Hybrid 400-415', Lucid I imagine will be somewhere in between.

I was only able to give my Lucid Raiders a couple tosses so maybe take this with a grain of salt. I bag SE Raiders and Hybrid Raiders and these are far more similar to Hybrid than SE, which was to be expected. My Hybrid Raiders when thrown flat will go very straight and get a healthy amount of fade after they lose speed. The Lucids I have go just a bit further on that straight line before they fade; the Lucid did not show any turn when thrown flat.

The bigger difference for me was forcing the Lucid and Hybrid over on flex lines. The Hybrid Raiders really fight out of the flex and fade out. The Lucids rode that forced anhy much longer, giving me much more distance on flex lines.

For reference, I'm throwing near max weight in all plastic. Distance when thrown flat: SE between 430-460', Hybrid 400-415', Lucid I imagine will be somewhere in between.

IIRC, the SE ones have more of the S flight, right? Even more than the first Fuzion ones?

IIRC, the SE ones have more of the S flight, right? Even more than the first Fuzion ones?

Yes, out of the box they show a little bit of turn (depending on your arm speed) when thrown flat or you can get a little flip up when thrown with hyzer. In my experience thus far SE Raiders lose HSS before losing much LSS, which makes for a really great bomber disc. I never really liked the feel of Fuzion Raiders. Not really sure why, but I have a stack of them that probably won't ever get thrown. I love my SE, Hybrid, and Lucid Raiders.

Yes, out of the box they show a little bit of turn (depending on your arm speed) when thrown flat or you can get a little flip up when thrown with hyzer. In my experience thus far SE Raiders lose HSS before losing much LSS, which makes for a really great bomber disc. I never really liked the feel of Fuzion Raiders. Not really sure why, but I have a stack of them that probably won't ever get thrown. I love my SE, Hybrid, and Lucid Raiders.

I've only fondled a couple Fuzions. They were definitely domey. The others flatter? Cheers!

I've only fondled a couple Fuzions. They were definitely domey. The others flatter? Cheers!

SE and Lucid are definitely flatter. Hybrids have a small amount of dome, but I think the Hybrid plastic is much more comfortable for me to grip than the Fuzion regardless of dome or not.

SE and Lucid are definitely flatter. Hybrids have a small amount of dome, but I think the Hybrid plastic is much more comfortable for me to grip than the Fuzion regardless of dome or not.

Right on. Informative! I currently lean on LX Trespasses for my D driver. Got a small stack of 2018s. But given some thought to trying the raider out (as I've mentioned a few times prior in this thread...).

Last question for ya; where'd you score the hybrid? I know that they have some exclusive biofuzions, but never seen a hybrid.

Last question for ya; where'd you score the hybrid? I know that they have some exclusive biofuzions, but never seen a hybrid.

I did hear Bio Raiders were a part of a player pack for a tournament that may or may not have happened yet. Not sure I'm going to try those; I've never had a good time with Bio anything from DD.

https://1010discs.com/collections/d...stable-distance-driver?variant=22643913621622 1010 has a good amount still in stock. I think Hybrid Raiders were also a GBO exclusive; I've seen a few pop up on eBay here and there.

If you wanted to give Fuzion Raiders a go I can send you a couple. Just pay for shipping and consider them yours. I should have a couple matching 173g that have only been tossed in a field a couple times.

How does the Raider feel relative to a Shryke? Would the two molds make a good OS/US combo?

I did hear Bio Raiders were a part of a player pack for a tournament that may or may not have happened yet. Not sure I'm going to try those; I've never had a good time with Bio anything from DD.

https://1010discs.com/collections/d...stable-distance-driver?variant=22643913621622 1010 has a good amount still in stock. I think Hybrid Raiders were also a GBO exclusive; I've seen a few pop up on eBay here and there.

If you wanted to give Fuzion Raiders a go I can send you a couple. Just pay for shipping and consider them yours. I should have a couple matching 173g that have only been tossed in a field a couple times.

If he doesn't, I'd take you up on that offer, to compare with my SE

How does the Raider feel relative to a Shryke? Would the two molds make a good OS/US combo?

For me the Raider is just a tad more overstable than a Shryke. It also doesn't quite have that floaty glide a Shryke does either. You could probably bag both and find uses for both.

Shryke: 13, 6, -2, 2.
Raider: 13, 5, -1, 2.

My Raider doesn't have a really dumpy fade, which I like. Gradual, penetrating fade. I won't call the Raider overstable. I can make it turn if I want, and it doesn't have enough low speed fade for me to consider it beefy. More of a straight disc for me.

Raider

I've found another shot the Raider is really good at.....huge, high anhyzers. I found that if I force the Raider over on a really high anny line that it will bomb. It swoops along in an exaggerated S curve with a reliable finish.

The Raider holds an anny well, and doesn't try to pull out of it too soon.

For me the Raider is like a Trespass, but way less finicky and less prone to random flipping on hard shots.

Last edited:
For me the Raider is just a tad more overstable than a Shryke. It also doesn't quite have that floaty glide a Shryke does either. You could probably bag both and find uses for both.

Shryke: 13, 6, -2, 2.
Raider: 13, 5, -1, 2.

My Raider doesn't have a really dumpy fade, which I like. Gradual, penetrating fade. I won't call the Raider overstable. I can make it turn if I want, and it doesn't have enough low speed fade for me to consider it beefy. More of a straight disc for me.

Interesting. So does that mean that a Champ Shryke and Fuzion Raider are pretty similar? So stability would go Lucid Raider > Fuzion Raider = Champ Shryke > Star Shryke > G* Shryke?

Interesting. So does that mean that a Champ Shryke and Fuzion Raider are pretty similar? So stability would go Lucid Raider > Fuzion Raider = Champ Shryke > Star Shryke > G* Shryke?

I've only thrown a Fuzion Raider, but I'd agree it feels quite a bit like a champion Shryke.

Champion Shrykes can take a surprising amount of arm and not flip. I also think they glide a hair less than star or G* Shrykes.

I'd like to try a Lucid Raider and see how they compare. I'm really digging the Fuzion one though.

I've only thrown a Fuzion Raider, but I'd agree it feels quite a bit like a champion Shryke.

Champion Shrykes can take a surprising amount of arm and not flip. I also think they glide a hair less than star or G* Shrykes.

I'd like to try a Lucid Raider and see how they compare. I'm really digging the Fuzion one though.

Cool, good to know. I've got a gift card to burn at the local shop, and plan to use it testing out potential replacements for my Ballista and Ballista Pros. I'm wanting something faster than Wraith class but not quite as wide-rimmed as the Ballista class. Raider and Shryke will get first crack if they feel good in the hand -- Raider seems like a potential Ballista Pro replacement and Shryke seems like a Ballista replacement. Although I'm planning to pick up both a Glow Champ Shryke and Star Shryke, so if the plastic variant is big enough than I might be able to replace both Ball/Ball Pro with just that one mold.