• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Raider

Hold up. So does this mean a run of Biofuzion Raiders are incoming? If so, then I need one. That also would spell competition for my Shryke slot. DANG IT WHY CAN I NEVER SETTLE ON MY DRIVERS

Hold up. So does this mean a run of Biofuzion Raiders are incoming? If so, then I need one. That also would spell competition for my Shryke slot. DANG IT WHY CAN I NEVER SETTLE ON MY DRIVERS

I have no idea when but I do believe they're coming. I'm impatiently waiting on Bio Raiders and Vandals to be released :|

I was toying with my drivers end of last season, early this season and I am very happy with Raiders taking over every slot other than that almost uselessly OS driver slot. I don't have a super flippy Raider [yet], but one of my SEs is getting there. The biggest surprise to me was having all my driver slots covered with a max weight disc. I never realized how much that messed with me when I was bagging D2s. Instead of having weights vary from 167g-175g, my Raiders are all 174/175g and my distance shots are WAY more consistent now.

Biofuzion Raiders are one of the two discs in the player pack for DD's US Amateur Match Play Doubles Championships (along with Gold Burst Pioneers). So they're not incoming, they're here. Just have to sign up for a bracket, or befriend someone who already has.

I have no idea when but I do believe they're coming. I'm impatiently waiting on Bio Raiders and Vandals to be released :|

I was toying with my drivers end of last season, early this season and I am very happy with Raiders taking over every slot other than that almost uselessly OS driver slot. I don't have a super flippy Raider [yet], but one of my SEs is getting there. The biggest surprise to me was having all my driver slots covered with a max weight disc. I never realized how much that messed with me when I was bagging D2s. Instead of having weights vary from 167g-175g, my Raiders are all 174/175g and my distance shots are WAY more consistent now.

I've bounced all over the place with drivers. Lately I've been bagging a Raider and Shryke for max distance, in lieue of the handful of Ballista Pros + 1 Ballista that had been in there the rest of the year.
I've reintroduced the PDx, pair of CD3, and Wave in the bag at the speed 11 'control' speed, which means I'm grabbing a warp speed 13 or 14 disc less frequently. My driving seems more consistent now than earlier in the year, but my max distance has dropped a bit. Tradeoffs, I guess. My scores are better though, so accuracy > distance thus far.

My scores are better though, so accuracy > distance thus far.

Sounds like you're making the right choices on the course. I'm going through something similar, not because of slower discs, but just not having that super flippy driver yet. I could rip a D2 because it was lighter and super flippy, but switching molds is giving me the chance to focus on release angles or forcing over more OS drivers to obtain a specific shot shape. I'm playing better, but just not throwing as far as I was.

Did someone say Bio Raider? Want.

I also am in want of one of these. I am ideally going to be bagging a Bio, Fuzion, Lucid and Hybrid Raiders when I finally get ahold of a bio one. The flatter fuzions fly fantastic for max distance shots, Lucid is great in a headwind or when I really wanna crank on a hyzer line, and the Hybrid is super reliable as a utility disc or max distance FH disc for me.

I also am in want of one of these. I am ideally going to be bagging a Bio, Fuzion, Lucid and Hybrid Raiders when I finally get ahold of a bio one. The flatter fuzions fly fantastic for max distance shots, Lucid is great in a headwind or when I really wanna crank on a hyzer line, and the Hybrid is super reliable as a utility disc or max distance FH disc for me.

I currently have 1 first run and one reg stamp Fuzion Raider. Put me down for 2 Bio Raiders on launch :D hoping they are about | -1.25 | 3 |.

Those Bio Raiders are going to sell out fast. High demand for sure. Stock run Raiders will also go quick I assume

Thankfully I'm happy with my current bag, so I don't really *need* either a Lucid or Bio Raider. I'm happy with the Shryke for less stable max distance, and with my PDX for serious headwinds. I'm always open to trying a new plastic for a mold I like though, and I'd like to minimize molds a bit when possible. So I'll definitely grab both a Lucid and Bio Raider when they're easy to grab, but I'm not fretting it. If they sell out quick I'll just wait for the next run.

And it's never too early to speculate on the 2020 Team Series Lucid-X discs. I've got to think Raider will be one of them, only question is whose name is on the disc. I wonder if Lucid-X Raider would get into PDX level stability, but faster? Could maybe bag all Raiders for distance next year. Time will tell.

And it's never too early to speculate on the 2020 Team Series Lucid-X discs. I've got to think Raider will be one of them, only question is whose name is on the disc.

I need Lucid-X Raiders to happen. Out of the pros that would get a Lucid-X disc, I wouldn't be surprised if a Lucid-X Raider ended up having Oakley's name on it. Idk if they'd give him both the Raider and the Felon; maybe make the Lucid Felon his signature disc like PP has the Bio Defender. It seems like he's the biggest proponent of the Raider while most others that you'd think would throw it are still opting for beat up Enforcers or Ballista Pros.

Although, they may do something very similar to what they're doing with Lucid/Bio Raiders and just make Lucid-X super limited without anyone's name on them. The fact that we haven't had a stock run of Lucid tells me they're planning on keeping the hype train moving as long as possible with various limited released and/or special plastics/stamps/etc.

I'm a fan of all disc manufacturers and will never decline to test something out - so last night a buddy had a Fuzion Raider - I threw my drive with a new Axiom Delirium - then he said, wanna try this? It would probably fly about the same. I gave it a throw. and yeah, flew great, felt nice, got good distance, not too flippy by any means but not too OS, overall I liked it, so I like to investigate and see what its all about. As for the Delirium, it is probably more OS than the Raider and a wider rim for sure. Flight and distance wise they ended up very close, but this was based on 1 throw of each haha so, not a big sample size. My only gripe with trilogy drivers is sometimes things get randomly flippy, I felt I couldn't trust the discs between plastics and after they work in just a little they seem to be very sensitive. Just curious what plastics the Raider is in (how long has it been out? its still new right?) and whats the most comfortable - I did notice flashing on the disc and I don't love that - curious if stabilities range on run to run or if they are all that mild.slight turn and the 3 fade?
Peaceout

curious if stabilities range on run to run or if they are all that mild.slight turn and the 3 fade?

I don't think there's been more than maybe a run of each plastic right now. Fuzion might the exception since they've had several different special stamped released, but I'm sure the SE, Hybrid, and Lucids have all only had a single run each. With that being said, you'll find more variance going plastic to plastic versus trying to identify which run the discs came from. SE will show the most turn, then your experience sounds like the typical Fuzion, Hybrid and Lucid are both more stable and likely won't show any turn unless you force them over a little. And even then they fight back about half way through their flight and give you the 3 fade.

Production run Lucid Raiders are out. Anybody grab one? My Fuzion Raider is showing its first signs of breaking in, so I was probably going to be in the market for another Raider before the end of the year anyway. Looks like I'll grab a Lucid for just a little bit of extra teeth.

My Fuzion Raider is showing its first signs of breaking in, so I was probably going to be in the market for another Raider before the end of the year anyway.

Do you sell your broken in drivers like this? I HATE breaking in stable/overstable plastic. I play in so little wind that it becomes a catch 22. The disc won't fly right until it breaks in, and I never have a reason to throw it to break it in.

Do you sell your broken in drivers like this? I HATE breaking in stable/overstable plastic. I play in so little wind that it becomes a catch 22. The disc won't fly right until it breaks in, and I never have a reason to throw it to break it in.

Ha, no I don't sell them...I cherish them. Also, I've come to terms with the fact that I can never be a true mold minimalist, for precisely the reason you stated. I just don't throw my true meathook discs (Zone, Felon, & PDX) enough to cycle them. I'll sometimes carry two Zones, but that's because I cheated and one of them is in baseline plastic. So instead I start my "cycles" with stable-to-overstable discs rather than super OS discs. That means Emac Truths, Getaways, CD3's, and (hopefully now) Raiders. I also carry a less stable mold to complement each of those, but eventually I expect my seasoned discs to take over those understable slots.

Side note: Trilogy Biofuzion/Recycled plastic is a GREAT cycle starter, since it beats in quick but feels identical to Fuzion/Gold/TP.

I'm interested in the Bio drop, whenever that happens. Could probably do Lucid/Bio and be good on DDs!

Welp. I had my first "flip in a headwind and don't come back" moment with my Raider yesterday. Unfortunately, it happened on a hole with an OB creek on the right. Took me a good 20 minutes to find it. What's really frustrating is it was a great throw distance wise on an uphill Par 4. Would've had an easy up-and-down for birdie if it had stayed in.

In related news, I will definitely be going to the local shop to pick up a Lucid this weekend.