• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Raider

I can get my slightly beat Fuzion Raider out to about 350-360' on a good day (flat ground, sea level, slight forced flex line), but usually 330ish

I just won a Lucid Chameleon Raider in a contest for the video game Disc Golf Valley

How much more stability might I expect with this one?

I can get my slightly beat Fuzion Raider out to about 350-360' on a good day (flat ground, sea level, slight forced flex line), but usually 330ish

I just won a Lucid Chameleon Raider in a contest for the video game Disc Golf Valley

How much more stability might I expect with this one?

The CHAMELEON is pretty overstable, compared to my lucid, fuzion, and SE, but it has crazy glide. I'm throwing it 375 forehand and you can give it all you have. It's pretty amazing

I picked up a Canadian Nationals Fundraiser Raider

Chameleon plastic. As noted above it is surprisingly OS.

I'd had the disc for a while but got around to throwing it yesterday. Thrown flat into a headwind...NO turn. Thrown anhyzer into a headwind it went flat to hyzer really quick.

I don't have a ton of experience with Enforcers (or Defenders) but the Chameleon Raider gave me the impression of flying like a PD2.

I have Proto Raiders, Bar stamp Raiders and lightweight Lucids (that I absolutely love for how they smash) and the Chameleon is the MOST HSS and I have to say shockingly/surprisingly HSS

Raider

Little Raider update here. Got my hands on a 167g Fuzion Raider. I hadn't seen one that light before. This disc has a nice dome and the plastic seems a tad bit gummy.

Just incredible. At 167g this Raider is right at the edge of being understable. I torqued it over into the ground a couple times, and it wanted no part of a headwind. However, thrown in calm or downwind conditions this thing absolutely bombed. I had a few throws where it looked like the disc was going to flip over. All of a sudden it'd flatten out, rise a little bit, and catch some late glide. This happened multiple times and resulted in 460'ish throws. A lot of the distance happened late, and the disc was in no hurry at all to fade out.

In lighter weight the Raider gets a little finicky. This thing was reminding me of a Sheriff. However, unlike a Sheriff the Raider will hook up late and not keep drifting right the whole flight.

These were seriously some of the best hyzerflip shots I've thrown this whole year. I don't know if I can even state enough how massively long a Raider can be at 167g. The disc is somewhat flippy while still being able to absorb a pretty big rip.

I guess my point is, for anyone who thinks Raiders are too beefy, try a lighter one. It reminded me of a better Sheriff. Absolute top shelf distance and glide. Until today I wouldn't have even listed the Raider as being a remarkably long driver. This one was.... it was easily hanging with all the other drivers I had it against.

There are very light Lucids...Not Air

I have a 162gm and a 166gm

great dome, at my altitude they are reasonable stable.

they monster mash

yes you need to hyzer flip them, yes they will track right (rhbh) but manage to pull out back to centre, and just want to keep going

I bag either the 162 or 166, a 175 bar stamp (or Proto) for a bit more stability, and the Chameleon is a straight up headwind driver (like Enforcer stable)

edit: I've thrown a 168 Fuzion
IMO the lighter Lucids are better (they have a bit more dome (at least in comparison to my light Fuzions) so have a bit more low speed stability, but more glide from the dome for forward fade

Little Raider update here. Got my hands on a 167g Fuzion Raider. I hadn't seen one that light before. This disc has a nice dome and the plastic seems a tad bit gummy.

Just incredible. At 167g this Raider is right at the edge of being understable. I torqued it over into the ground a couple times, and it wanted no part of a headwind. However, thrown in calm or downwind conditions this thing absolutely bombed. I had a few throws where it looked like the disc was going to flip over. All of a sudden it'd flatten out, rise a little bit, and catch some late glide. This happened multiple times and resulted in 460'ish throws. A lot of the distance happened late, and the disc was in no hurry at all to fade out.

In lighter weight the Raider gets a little finicky. This thing was reminding me of a Sheriff. However, unlike a Sheriff the Raider will hook up late and not keep drifting right the whole flight.

These were seriously some of the best hyzerflip shots I've thrown this whole year. I don't know if I can even state enough how massively long a Raider can be at 167g. The disc is somewhat flippy while still being able to absorb a pretty big rip.

I guess my point is, for anyone who thinks Raiders are too beefy, try a lighter one. It reminded me of a better Sheriff. Absolute top shelf distance and glide. Until today I wouldn't have even listed the Raider as being a remarkably long driver. This one was.... it was easily hanging with all the other drivers I had it against.

Couldn't agree more! My go-to Raider is a 168g Fuzion Raider, and it's a crusher. Nice amount of understability for max distance, but I also bag a Lucid and a Hybrid in the 173 range for more OS shots.

The rim feels so much more comfortable that other high speed drivers seemed to, like a sheriff or defender or enforcer would.

Couldn't agree more! My go-to Raider is a 168g Fuzion Raider, and it's a crusher. Nice amount of understability for max distance, but I also bag a Lucid and a Hybrid in the 173 range for more OS shots.

The rim feels so much more comfortable that other high speed drivers seemed to, like a sheriff or defender or enforcer would.

The Raider is simply a good mold. I've thrown 8-10 of them now (all Fuzion) and haven't had a bad one. In heavy weight they're a bit overstable. In lighter weights they have some turn.

Perfect disc for times when the Sheriff is a bit too flippy.

A friend gave me a Lucid (The Lone) Raider for Christmas. I threw it a couple of times, but already liked other, similar discs, so it went in the trunk. I've been taking it out to the field finally, and it is sneaky long. Certainly worthy of a stable to overstable driver slot. I didn't want to like it, because I wanted to like other discs better. Well it throws as far as comfortable as grippy. Nice mold.

It's a tick less stable than a Defender with all the glide. It's occasionally farther than my Gstar Corvette. Keeps up with a 400 D2, S Pharaoh, Star Destroyer, Captain... really nice. I was in the 375' range, pushing 400' with wind, which is top of my usable range.

Last edited:

My go to is a 169g and it sounds like the same exact disc you are describing. A bit gummy and domey Fuzion with some flip, tons of glide and moderate fade.

Mine has actually a bit of a "Blizzard" like rim, which is not the case with my newer 170g and 171g Fuzions. Clearly different run of Fuzion, but both very useful.