• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Gstar plastic had a pretty big hype right before it's initial release...Dave D had said it felt very similar in the hand to the gummy pearly 11x era champ plastic everybody loved with a ton of grip.

There was a lot of hate initially, lot of people said it was too floppy and comparing it to the stuff from the good ole days was just an impossible task to live up to. Personally I like it, but have always preferred softer plastic...some people gripe about durability but anymore I don't play enough so it takes forever to really season in new champ or even star plastic. So gstar and pro is right up my alley.

After the first few mainstream molds were released in gstar the factory store did a handful of oddball molds in gstar and sold them exclusively there. Both eagle molds (funny because at that time Innova didn't acknowledge the EL existed), banshee, gator, gazelle, and probably a few others. All of them on paper sounded awesome and all turned out hideously domey and just felt terrible in the hand. This had to have been over 5 years ago, maybe closer to 7-8?

I'm assuming they had leftover stock sitting around and finally put them back up on the site. It'd be awesome if this was a new run and maybe some normal shaped discs, but the colors available make it look like it's the old stock.

Gstar plastic had a pretty big hype right before it's initial release...Dave D had said it felt very similar in the hand to the gummy pearly 11x era champ plastic everybody loved with a ton of grip.

There was a lot of hate initially, lot of people said it was too floppy and comparing it to the stuff from the good ole days was just an impossible task to live up to. Personally I like it, but have always preferred softer plastic...some people gripe about durability but anymore I don't play enough so it takes forever to really season in new champ or even star plastic. So gstar and pro is right up my alley.

After the first few mainstream molds were released in gstar the factory store did a handful of oddball molds in gstar and sold them exclusively there. Both eagle molds (funny because at that time Innova didn't acknowledge the EL existed), banshee, gator, gazelle, and probably a few others. All of them on paper sounded awesome and all turned out hideously domey and just felt terrible in the hand. This had to have been over 5 years ago, maybe closer to 7-8?

I'm assuming they had leftover stock sitting around and finally put them back up on the site. It'd be awesome if this was a new run and maybe some normal shaped discs, but the colors available make it look like it's the old stock.

Yea, I have some of those original gstar eagle-l's. As a life long eagle thrower I was so disappointed by them. To soft and too domey. Cant innova just make an eagle that has a minor dome and is inbetween barsbys and gstar for flex.

My X and L in G-Star arrived this morning and I took them out for ten throws each, along with a new Crave. All three discs seemed pretty similar in flight and distance to me. Calm conditions. A little turn, a little fade (slightly more with the X). I got them out to about 290', which is about my distance. My 2020 Barsby Eagle doesn't turn at all - pretty straight with a forward fade. It is turning into a very nice disc.

My Gstar Eagle L finally arrived. It flies nearly identical to the year old, well used Star Eagle X. I hoped it would have more turn out of the box. I'm sure it will beat in sooner, and it would be nice if it ended up -1.5 turn and 1.5 fade.

Someone mentioned super domey Gstar Eagles in the past. Mine has the same shoulder (rounded) and flat top as the Star Eagle X. No dome.

My Gstar Eagle L finally arrived. It flies nearly identical to the year old, well used Star Eagle X. I hoped it would have more turn out of the box. I'm sure it will beat in sooner, and it would be nice if it ended up -1.5 turn and 1.5 fade.

Someone mentioned super domey Gstar Eagles in the past. Mine has the same shoulder (rounded) and flat top as the Star Eagle X. No dome.

I love how Eagle Ls start out, almost no turn and just a bit of fade. They will (at least mine did) lose a bit of fade, and then start turning more and more. There is a magic spot in there where they are dead straight, too.

My flat top Eagle is the disc I get the most excited to throw in my bag, for whatever reason. Maybe tied with my MJ Tour Series Comet...

Looking at the dome in the picture it may not be that 2015 run. I remember the first run of Infinite's C-Blend Exodus had a similar looking plastic so maybe it was a tester run for that blend from late 2017/early 2018.

I had a nice flat top champion Eagle about a year back & sold it because I wanted to stay all-in with my Teebirds. I regret letting it go. Had a really nice opaque orange color. Why aren't Eagles produced as much as Teebirds?

Why aren't Eagles produced as much as Teebirds?

This is why I am now the proud owner of 8 150g Eagles. The first one I ordered was the "perfect" shape for me. Mild dome (not flat and not pop-top) and gummy. The 7 backups are exactly the same...so I'm good on fairway drivers for a long time :D