• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

This is why I am now the proud owner of 8 150g Eagles. The first one I ordered was the "perfect" shape for me. Mild dome (not flat and not pop-top) and gummy. The 7 backups are exactly the same...so I'm good on fairway drivers for a long time :D

Sounds like all from the same run. Penned or embossed?

I got some F2 Champs off of Innova pro shop expecting the same JL-ish plastic that Eagles have come in recently, instead they're all penned and almost opaque. Anyone know when and where these are from? Wonder if they found these on the back of a shelf somewhere and loaded them onto the site 🤪 def not complaining though, these feel great and
I can't wait to see how they fly.

Attachments

• 4B8BA086-6774-409A-9808-DCDDB07BAB08.jpg
    4B8BA086-6774-409A-9808-DCDDB07BAB08.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 70
I got some F2 Champs off of Innova pro shop expecting the same JL-ish plastic that Eagles have come in recently, instead they're all penned and almost opaque. Anyone know when and where these are from? Wonder if they found these on the back of a shelf somewhere and loaded them onto the site 🤪 def not complaining though, these feel great and

How is the dome on them

And how stiff are the opaque ones. They could be from the run that was really OS for eagles

How is the dome on them

And how stiff are the opaque ones. They could be from the run that was really OS for eagles

The flattest is the clear one, but not crazy flat, is like a 3.5-4 on the OTB stiffness scale, also the only one penned "EG" instead of "E" on the bottom

Wine-colored is prb a 5 stiffness, has a neutral dome

Orange is most opaque, same neutral dome, pretty stiff

I got a few of these F2s. Two were creamy opaque patent number plastic, felt like late 11x/early 12x runs. One with a big pop top.

Two were shouldered and stiff, lustery like the ones that came out about 3 or so years ago.

Tempted to go back for more if I knew I could get more of the older stuff.

Have you had a chance to throw them yet? I have a domey 12x champ that's my usual go-to and was curious if I should try to order a couple for backups.

Have you had a chance to throw them yet? I have a domey 12x champ that's my usual go-to and was curious if I should try to order a couple for backups.

I have not ☹️ Work and thunderstorms have kept me inside past couple days. I was able to put a bantha skull stencil on one of the orange ones today though so there's that 🤪

I have not ☹️ Work and thunderstorms have kept me inside past couple days. I was able to put a bantha skull stencil on one of the orange ones today though so there's that ��

Finally got to throw the one I dyed today, 175 orange opaque champ with a bit of dome, and heavens almighty, what do I do with this thing. I've never seen such a beautiful flight. I'd give it a 7 5 -.5 2.5 right out of the box, and it takes a full powered throw and just drifts a teeny bit and stays in the air for what feels like 17 minutes and flies as far as my PDs. Guess my new workhorse fairway has presented itself �� I also got an ace today with a 2019 Barsby Eagle I got in a trade a couple weeks ago on a 225 uphill flick. So maybe the best day I've ever had with an individual mold.

Factory store just put up a few Gstar Eagle L's. Anyone thrown these things?

Another couple hundred champ eagles are up at the pro shop…just in time for freebie Friday

So I've recently fallen in love with eagles. They're kicking the tee birds and FDs out of my bag. I currently have a worked in Star eagle-x that is an absolute fillet knife, a pfn champ that I haven't thrown yet, and an Infinite exodus, which I understand is essentially an eagle L. Great disc - it likes to turn but likes to fade too. These all have better hand feel for me than TBs and discs with the leopard rim like FDs.

I want to get a fresh eagle x in premium plastic for an overstable book end to the cycle, so I was wondering how the champs and stars are molding up recently. I've had an opaque champ eagle back in the day (maybe the "Calvin run") and it was a baby firebird. So I'm not looking for something quite that beefy. Also, the flatter, the better, for me. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've recently fallen in love with eagles. They're kicking the tee birds and FDs out of my bag. I currently have a worked in Star eagle-x that is an absolute fillet knife, a pfn champ that I haven't thrown yet, and an Infinite exodus, which I understand is essentially an eagle L. Great disc - it likes to turn but likes to fade too. These all have better hand feel for me than TBs and discs with the leopard rim like FDs.

I want to get a fresh eagle x in premium plastic for an overstable book end to the cycle, so I was wondering how the champs and stars are molding up recently. I've had an opaque champ eagle back in the day (maybe the "Calvin run") and it was a baby firebird. So I'm not looking for something quite that beefy. Also, the flatter, the better, for me. Cheers.

Champion plastic Eagle x's made these days are most often a bit domey, although they sometimes come through flat. I can never find max weight ones that are flat. I guess they get snatched up fast, or are so rare that random chance makes it unlikely I will cross paths with one. Occasionally, I will find a flat one around 162-165g range.

When I get a domey Eagle, I always store it on end in a box with other discs, where I always intentionally place the Eagle with its top against the side of the box, so as to allow the box to flatten it a bit over time. Firebirds get the same treatment.

8e5a9e49f12295746e6c76ca9683b3c2.jpg

New to the bag ^ sweet old Eagle L. Nice flip and glide.

Now, to find a star/champ X to complete the cycle. Pickin's are slim so an F2 champ may have to suffice for now.

8e5a9e49f12295746e6c76ca9683b3c2.jpg

New to the bag ^ sweet old Eagle L. Nice flip and glide.

Now, to find a star/champ X to complete the cycle. Pickin's are slim so an F2 champ may have to suffice for now.

Sweet pancakes! I'd love to throw one of those. Curious how it compares to my Star Eagle-X that is beat into laser beam straight