• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay PSA's...

Solty said:
i think that came my way via Ziggy....or a guy on DiscGolfersr.us....

i hate the ignorant...
I was thinking this was the one you gave me due to the 8x Roc getting effed up in the mail. Is that right?

Have you seen my auctions? I sell OOP collectible plastic, for the most part.The guy must think I play on a magical course where you find CE and old school KC Pro discs on every fairway or something. What a tard :lol:

yep...that was the one from the DGRus...

and yea..ive seen a handful of your auctions :)

Mr. Plow said:
Just got this message on Ebay:

"Quick question, instead of selling it on Ebay, how about looking up the person whose name is on the bottom of it by their PDGA # on the PDGA site and returning it to the owner?"

In regards to this disc, which I actually purchased from Solty (I'm pretty sure):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270630723026&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I told the guy to mind his own business, and then blocked his ass. I would recommend any of the rest of you who sell to do the same. Username "jbirdblau". What a jackass :roll:

Wow man. Ill be blocking him after sending a message to inform him that people do sell/trade their discs EVEN with their name on it.

Who is this clown?

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-sightly-modified-discs-/150509894273?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230b16ba81

From his description: "...The first number is what they weighed new, and the number after the slash is what I sanded them down to. What this accomplishes is basically to make an overstable disc fly understable. What that means to you is that if you normally throw overstable discs these discs will curve right for a RHBH thrower to the point of becoming rollers if you wish. If, however, you haven't the strength to throw overstable discs straight, such as myself, than you MAY find them just right. I can't guarantee how they'll fly for you. I just enjoy buying discs and sanding them for the effect I can get. I'm on to another batch of 16 at this time..."

Some poor sucker will buy these and they are not legal for tourney play.

Hoey said:
Haha! That's awesome. Skysouth usually seems to be pretty decent in their listings, I've bought from them a couple times and felt their stuff is fairly priced. Awhile back, Discgolfmuseum on Ebay bought a disc from me and then relisted it using my entire description verbatim. :lol:

Frank Delicious said:
Damn he shaved some of those way down.
From the sound of things he's going to be listing some more discs like this. WTF? If I want an understable disc I'll just go throw it into a chain link fence or straight at the ground a few times. Sanding? :?

David
The theft of intellectual property is serious.
Watch out, your boss may go "Dexter" on Mr. Jim Orum (Skysouth).
That body would take at least 5 garbage bags to dispose of.
If Jim goes missing don't be surprised if the authorities begin dragging Southwick pond.
Typical to dump the body on his cousin's property.

This has got to be the first time a photo was borrowed on the internet.

I suggest contacting Jim and he will do the right thing.
PM me for his number.

steve timm
friend of David, friend of Jim

NOHalffastpull said:
David
The theft of intellectual property is serious.
Watch out, your boss may go "Dexter" on Mr. Jim Orum (Skysouth).
That body would take at least 5 garbage bags to dispose of.
If Jim goes missing don't be surprised if the authorities begin dragging Southwick pond.
Typical to dump the body on his cousin's property.

This has got to be the first time a photo was borrowed on the internet.

I suggest contacting Jim and he will do the right thing.
PM me for his number.

steve timm
friend of David, friend of Jim

this is what bothers me the most Steve... it's a frightening trend...

OH THE SANCTITY OF THE INTRNETZ!

funny convo from one retailer to another...

"i'm pretty sure that's our photo you're using.... that's my front yard"

:lol:

why shoot product photos when google has so many of them?

Roy said:
^^WTF are those two posts about?^^

Roy, the best joke is one that only s few can understand.
You are not in that number, this time. :lol:
Back to eBay and the dastardly theft of precious digital images.

I fear it's the result of market manipulation. Looks like the market may have been inflated by a dry spell of CE leopards lately. The only other new CE Leopards that have been going up recently are from guys with B.I.N.'s of $150-$250. In other words, unrealistic people. This was one of the first no reserve, no B.I.N. option auctions that started at $0.01 that I've seen in a while. Bummer, I really wanted a white one but I know this thing is not worth more than $75 on a typical day.