• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantastic Meltdowns

I thought so, just making sure. Typing is such a lousy medium for expressing light-hearted sarcasm. I always either come off as "not sarcastic" or "complete, obnoxious jerk".

Yeah it sucks. At least you get the "not sarcastic" sometimes. I always come off as the obnoxious jerk.

I'm not good enough to have tantrums yet.

I don't normally have meltdowns, thanks to a lot of work on my part (I am super competitive). But when I do they are not really about screaming, in fact its the opposite. When I have a meltdown I get very quiet, not speaking to anyone in the group except to complain under my breath. I think its very childish behavior but for some reason I just can't break it completely.

Instead I do this. I'll be happy and excited for a round and then when it goes really bad I give everyone the silent treatment. I'm the first to break for the next hole, I walk alone. I'm snippy when people aren't approaching the tee when they should be or when they walk into my throwing line.

I don't like it, but much like Adaven, I can't break it.

I think some of you guys need the ultimate meltdown t-shirt...

Attachments

• 104558441v6_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg
    104558441v6_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 45
nice find edwards. I'm glad it's made in the USA. I rarely see the Japanese players getting really angry.

I rarely meltdown. I just don't like being that guy.

I'm playing with the normal group, none of us are any good. My one friend is shooting really well and about to have his best round to date. We're on #15, a par 3, and he just starts loosing it and ends up with a 6. Next thing you know, he's yelling "That's it! I'm phucking done! What are you hippie MF's looking at? I'll fight you all! I'll fight you all right now, right here!" It was too funny. We're like, "shhhhhh you're gonna get us freakin' killed. STFU already".

^^^^^
Yeah. That's the guy I'm talking about.

Hilarious thread :)

My older brother has more temper than me, but even if he doesnt lose it completely he has at a number of times after a bad throw, taken up his minidisc saying while throwing it "even this crap would fly better!" and then "See!! 150 feet perfectly straight!" :D always very funny, to me

played a tourney yesterday and one of the top pros in the world showed his true colors...he lost to someone rated 70 points lower and wasn't happy.. bag kicking...disc tossing from "one of the best"

I played with a guy who got so angry he started slamming his stool into the ground and into trees. After a couple bad holes in a row, he had done this so much that his stool legs bent enough to keep it from opening anymore. A local player who knew him shared with us that he went through a few stools every year like this. I can't imagine getting that angry, seems like it takes away from the fun of playing.

someone who i think was a little drunk or just an unaware ass threw on my groups back 3 holes in a row. He was told to wait (packed day at golden gate, SF) the third time the drive landed right next to my bag, so i threw the disc back toward him and he got pissed but it didn't happen again.

I don't really get angry while playing, I don't see the point. I will however clap my hands or something similar after I release a shot I know is going to be bad, this is involuntary lol.

However I have played with a guy that after a bad shot he got my and walked up to his disc and tossed his bag before he through. At this time the guy was using a grocery bag so imagine how I felt when I saw the disc in his bag rolling down a big hill while still in the bag lol. I think it was the quickest grocery bag I've ever seen.

Ive heard Nikko locastro is known for his blowups. Hes obviously very good as he is leading the BHMO as far as I know but still if your a pro shouldnt you be composed.

Ive heard Nikko locastro is known for his blowups. Hes obviously very good as he is leading the BHMO as far as I know but still if your a pro shouldnt you be composed.

I've seen it. The kid can throw for sure (he threw Idlewild better than I throw Winton Woods), but I wouldn't want to be playing on the same course when he's having a bad day.

Last edited:
Nikko's cool, I went up to the BHMO today and he talked to me even after he got mad. People seem to not give him a chance and always assume, but hes really just cool and down to earth. Even after he lost we went to his car and I got a gateway blaze from him, and he talked about how he is just an emotional golfer and thats what makes him get better. Feldberg ended up winning today, and he seemed very arrogant. It was funny, just me, my dad and girlfriend with some camera crew following the lead card this morning of Nikko, Nate Doss, Schultz and Feldberg. Feldberg and schultz got into an argument... lol

i always read on here how nice these guys are...they have to be when talking to you...but playing with them is a different story i am sure...i hear feldburg and barry are a- holes to play with...not to mention cocky as hell

lol have you seen the Clash at Renny DVD? Feldberg complains about his disc hitting a twig on the ground, and then brings it up again later saying that it wasn't fair. Maybe I'm wrong but shouldn't wooded holes... be woody?

My brother and I got into it today. For some reason, my brother can't stand people coming up on us. We were 6 holes ahead of anyone else, and he got mad at me for throwing a second putt just for the hell of it. I yelled at him that I don't give a damn about people coming up on us, and I am here to have fun, not play marathon disc golf. He got pissed, said he was done, and went over to the picnic table for about 3 holes. He cooled off, and joined us again, and finished the round.

When I play, I don't like to feel rushed.