• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantastic Meltdowns

My brother and I got into it today. For some reason, my brother can't stand people coming up on us. We were 6 holes ahead of anyone else, and he got mad at me for throwing a second putt just for the hell of it. I yelled at him that I don't give a damn about people coming up on us, and I am here to have fun, not play marathon disc golf. He got pissed, said he was done, and went over to the picnic table for about 3 holes. He cooled off, and joined us again, and finished the round.

When I play, I don't like to feel rushed.

i dont mind someone throwing a second putt, but when they empty their bag because they cant putt is where i get upset.

Can you remember what it was about, or how it ended?

I'm a big fan of Barry Schultz. Always seems like a nice guy in the videos I've watched.

They were on this one wooded hole. Dave took a while to look at his line AFTER his shot, barry is waiting for him to move, finally dave moves, barry throws his approach shot right into a tree, and barry yells at dave telling him to go ahead and take another 20 minutes next time, then dave yells back saying that he will next time... blah blah blah lol. Barry seemed ok, dave seemed arrogant, Nate Doss is cool, and Nikko is cool.

someone who i think was a little drunk or just an unaware ass threw on my groups back 3 holes in a row. He was told to wait (packed day at golden gate, SF) the third time the drive landed right next to my bag, so i threw the disc back toward him and he got pissed but it didn't happen again.

Oh people throwing on me really gets on my nerves...unfortunately it's normally a group of 5 or 6 frat boys whom I don't feel like getting in a fight with...but there was this group of kids at Red Rocks the other day that kept doing that to me....on one shot if someone in my group hadn't called my name and my spider-sense combined with my ninja like reflexes hadn't kicked in, I wouldn't have turned in time to see the disc coming right at my head...I almost had to hit the dirt and then I was really close to tossing this kids disc into the woods...some people just have no respect and are very impatient.

i dont mind someone throwing a second putt, but when they empty their bag because they cant putt is where i get upset.

I didn't empty my bag, I just felt like I threw the wrong putter, and I wanted to throw one more to see if I got better results, and he got pissed about that saying I was wasting time.

Barry is a VERY nice guy....He has played doubles with us a few times along with the local tournament we held (becuase his good friend was running it) I have never physically played with him (wanted to but never got the chance lol) The guys on the lead card played with him and said hes a nice guy to play with...hes a VERY big rule follower...but other then that hes cool...he can get quite sometimes they said but he will chat with you every so often...thats funny that him and dave got into it...

Nikko's cool, I went up to the BHMO today and he talked to me even after he got mad. People seem to not give him a chance and always assume, but hes really just cool and down to earth. Even after he lost we went to his car and I got a gateway blaze from him, and he talked about how he is just an emotional golfer and thats what makes him get better. Feldberg ended up winning today, and he seemed very arrogant. It was funny, just me, my dad and girlfriend with some camera crew following the lead card this morning of Nikko, Nate Doss, Schultz and Feldberg. Feldberg and schultz got into an argument... lol

lol that is funny. Ive seen on a couple of different vids the lead card either getting into an argument or the commentator syaing they were in one.

I guess there is alot of room for argument in the rules

Oh people throwing on me really gets on my nerves...unfortunately it's normally a group of 5 or 6 frat boys whom I don't feel like getting in a fight with...but there was this group of kids at Red Rocks the other day that kept doing that to me....on one shot if someone in my group hadn't called my name and my spider-sense combined with my ninja like reflexes hadn't kicked in, I wouldn't have turned in time to see the disc coming right at my head...I almost had to hit the dirt and then I was really close to tossing this kids disc into the woods...some people just have no respect and are very impatient.

In my younger years the same thing happend to me and a group of friends. Literally a group of 6 guys all wearing frat shirts kept throwing on us. They were awful so we let it go for awhile. Then on short holes they about hit us a couple of times. We asked them to chill and they just chugged beers and laughed. So on a wooded hole with a blind shot 2 of the guys make it around a long bend and land right near us. We pick up their drivers and give them to some 12 year olds in the parking lot as we leave.

So on a wooded hole with a blind shot 2 of the guys make it around a long bend and land right near us. We pick up their drivers and give them to some 12 year olds in the parking lot as we leave.
That's justice! Awesome story.

Me and a friend were making our own holes in a park near my apartment - one of the holes ran alongside a school. Let me rewind a bit - my friend had just picked up a star destroyer and was talking about how much his game would improve, how much farther he could throw, how he'd never stop looking for it if he lost it, etc.

So my friend lines up his drive (with the star destroyer), launches it right into a car about 250 feet away...He starts jogging over to the car to apologize and grab his desk when an angry mom erupts out of the car and starts screaming and running at him.

At this point, my friend freezes, looks at me, then sprints in the opposite direction. The woman chased him for several hundred feet, then realizing she isn't going to catch him, she decides to take his disc and drive off! He was pissed but at the same time relieved he didn't get roughed up by a woman.