• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite midrange poll

Which Midrange do you recomend?

• Buzzz

Votes: 48 44.4%
  • Roc

Votes: 64 59.3%
  • Element

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Comet

Votes: 23 21.3%

• Total voters
Frank Delicious said:
DiscGolfDan said:
My teacher is pretty crazy! We are writing research papers and I always write papers and do my speeches on disc golf. So I decided to write a paper on the opinion of the discgolf worlds favorite midrange.

Your teacher sounds really crazy. What other crazy things does s/he do?

My permenent seat it out side the door. I have to stand all class period. I'm not allowed in the room.

jubuttib said:
EpicLeopard1337 said:
I bought a Buzz recently too, and I really don't care for it at all. I'm still experimenting with it though
Yet you list it in your nick? What's your main niggle with it? It's not working for you, it's not what you thought it'd be?

I pretty much like all mids. Rocs are great I just don't like how they feel in my hand. I bought a flx buzzz and have been loving it. Only disc craft in the bag. And Comets I just love although I do not own one. Someday maybe someday I'll be cool enough to own a Comet until that day comes I'll stick to my Buzzz.

DiscGolfDan said:
Frank Delicious said:
DiscGolfDan said:
My teacher is pretty crazy! We are writing research papers and I always write papers and do my speeches on disc golf. So I decided to write a paper on the opinion of the discgolf worlds favorite midrange.

My permenent seat it out side the door. I have to stand all class period. I'm not allowed in the room.

What did you do to earn that special treatment?

discspeed said:
DiscGolfDan said:
Frank Delicious said:
DiscGolfDan said:

Teacher told him to put 30 seats in the class room and he put in 29 instead.

My nebula comet pairing is working out well enough.

What a bunch of conformist. I don't even need a midrange, just an Aviar and Cheetah

I throw Rocs, but the poll is for the midrange you recommend. If I am recommending a disc it is normally to a noob and I think the Comet is the best midrange to learn with.

Benton said:
What a bunch of conformist. I don't even need a midrange, just an Aviar and Cheetah
1235895400745.jpg

No love for Sentinels or Cobras? :shock:

Seriously though, anybody else throw the Sentinel as their main midrange? I'm only throwing Buzzzes until I beat some Sentinels in and then I'll add the Cobra back into the bag and remove the Buzzzes.

There is a lot of resentment towards the Sentinel mold change. Evidently they are not overstable and fast as they used to be.

But wouldn't that fit in with disc minimalism? I actually carry both the WWW and SM molds. Once I beat in some of the WWW's, I'll have a disc that covers all the shots I need except rollers (Cobras). I've got a beat M 1.1 that turns over and the new WWWs basically act like new Rocs.

Even better (for me) is the bottom of the Sentinel is a Cobra bottom so they'll feel the same.

xare said:
But wouldn't that fit in with disc minimalism?

Yes, except for that it's generally a pain in the arse to find a certain tooling for a mold that is still in print if you can't see them in person.

A lot of people on DGR tend to drop molds completely if they are changed drastically like that, myself included.

BrotherDave said:
discspeed said:
DiscGolfDan said:
Frank Delicious said:
DiscGolfDan said:

Teacher told him to put 30 seats in the class room and he put in 29 instead.

My nebula comet pairing is working out well enough.

I called him Mr. T which he usually likes but was in a bad mood and said it was disrepectful.

i have an ace race nebula that i really like it has a nice glide and does really well with anhyzer lines.

Guess I just don't see much difference between finding SM Sentinels versus searching out 1st run,2nd runs,bar stamped,domed,flat,SSSS,Organic,LE,Worlds,Midnight,Nightshifted,high PLH'ed, 4x, 11x, 12x, Ching-stamped, stiff, floppy, burrito floppy, Gertie floppy, super duper sparkley limited edition black glow-in-the-dark, UV-changin' color DevilHawks with rainbow hotstamps. Oh and they must be nuclear weighted to 179.99999 grams.

:lol:

Honestly though, I can live with there being only 1 difference between the Sentinels (as far as I care). Trade me your Sentinels!

:twisted:

I'm still a Roc guy. But the day before yesterday I tried out an Element, and my first couple throws looked promising. I may give it a little trial run. Though I think if I end up really liking the Element, it might just end up sharing mid range duty with the Roc, instead of carrying two Rocs.

RoomTenONine said:
My favorite mid is:

None of the above...you are missing a few really good options from Millennium and Discraft.
Not to mention Latitude.

xare said:
Honestly though, I can live with there being only 1 difference between the Sentinels (as far as I care). Trade me your Sentinels!

:twisted:
Really? I have a WWW Sent that I toss in the bag every now and then for "risky" shots. I'd trade it.

My favorite is a Roc, although I havn't thrown much of anything else besides my wolf.

Latest posts