• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flipping a Surge. Recommend me a disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksharp

Bogey Member
So now on a full power rip my ESP surge flips hard. No OAT it just starts in an S curve and never comes out. My Avengers just dont have the glide that my Surge does and the Surge now has become unreliable on full power drives. What are some options? Ive tried and cannot throw a Force. Discraft site says a Pulse but ive never heard of anyone throwing one.

Flipping a surge?? Is it beat?? Are you the hulk? Are you angry? Would I like to see you when you are angry?

Ever throw a Firebird?

No there new. Its really lame to because Im not even throwing that hard. Ive tried throwing with some hyzer to and they still do it. It snaps out of my hand quite loudly (almost like im snapping my fingers) though and it just starts to turn and then it doesnt come back. Cost me several strokes in yesterdays tournament because it liked going OB so much. I throw anywhere from 375-450ft on a good rip depending on wind etc.

I was thinking of trying an r-pro destroyer?

You making me very suspicious of your intentions...

Then you do have a Hulk arm. Throw a Force if you really prefer Discraft.

Well Im not into big rim drivers and when I try to throw a Force I always try and throw it to hard, then I get OAT and it flips it over and it goes no where. If I think about my drive at all when im throwing I screw it up which is why I tend to use slower speed stuff because you dont need to throw them as hard but they go just as far.

Last edited:
^^^Not if he's flipping a Surge,

I'd grab a Star Destroyer and try that out. It should be more OS than the surge but can be used for big d.

Every time the OP starts a new thread he gives me the impression that he's a torque monkey throwing only anhyzer flex shots combined with OAT. You should really take that 'flippy' Surge hand it to a local established Pro and ask him how to throw the disc properly. I guarantee you he'll hyzer-flip the thing on a tight flex-line 100' farther than you're currently throwing it. Just take the time to learn to throw properly and incorporate more shots into your game. There are very few discs that are too 'flippy' for a seasoned Pro.

Yes I am a torque monkey. I throw only tomahawks and with my left hand and I make sure to only use a leopard so as to gain acceptance from the forum because I disced down.

Yeah, sorry. I missunderstood the 1st time I read the op. I liked the Surge in Z plastic. I've been using the Venom, wich is more overstable than a Surge, but I understand that it can be hard to find one.

There are very few discs that are too 'flippy' for a seasoned Pro.

I'm very serious about this line. Until you personally have someone throw an Avenger SS 50' feet farther than your 'super fast over-stable' driver thrown at an anhyzer you just won't understand what I'm saying.

If you are looking to try a pulse, I have one I can sell you for $10 shipped. Only been thrown 2 or 3 times and is just dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.